Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

I'm burned out on the Tiger "Worshipers"

Mr. 82

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like him or not you've got to admit he accomplished something extraordinary in sports. I personally like him, but also would have liked to have seen Rickie win.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

While I don't personally like him, I can't argue, that he has been great for the game of golf. This was a great win and can only help the popularity of golf in the future.

Also, I think Rose should receive more attention than he is getting. I mean, the TC is to find out who wins the FedEx cup. He should at least get some attention. Xander didn't get the same attention last year. Last year it was all about JT. I know the X isn't Tiger, and it was a great win by Tiger but Rose still should get some credit.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I love it how they said today Tiger is the greatest comeback story in sports history. Really?? What about Peyton Manning having his neck fused and came back to win a Super Bowl. He played 4 more years after his surgery, and holds 20 something NFL records. But I guess if you're in love with Tiger he does everything better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

While I don't personally like him, I can't argue, that he has been great for the game of golf. This was a great win and can only help the popularity of golf in the future.

Also, I think Rose should receive more attention than he is getting. I mean, the TC is to find out who wins the FedEx cup. He should at least get some attention. Xander didn't get the same attention last year. Last year it was all about JT. I know the X isn't Tiger, and it was a great win by Tiger but Rose still should get some credit.

I'd agree with your comment about Rose

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I love it how they said today Tiger is the greatest comeback story in sports history. Really?? What about Peyton Manning having his neck fused and came back to win a Super Bowl. He played 4 more years after his surgery, and holds 20 something NFL records. But I guess if you're in love with Tiger he does everything better.

You can argue many in all of sports, as much of a TW fan as I am I still think there may be some other great sports comebacks but this was surly a great one- but probably one of the best in all of golf, read what Brandel Chamblee said on Twitter just a little while a go, we all thought TW would never come back.

IMG_3934.PNG

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Peyton was a member of a 50 man team. Tiger Woods did it by himself. I'm not a sports history nut so I'm sure there are other examples. Still for a fair comparison you really have to look an individual sport and not team sports. Denver fans can weigh in here but if I remember correctly Peyton's stats were less than impressive. Defense was the strength of that team.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Peyton was a member of a 50 man team. Tiger Woods did it by himself. I'm not a sports history nut so I'm sure there are other examples. Still for a fair comparison you really have to look an individual sport and not team sports. Denver fans can weigh in here but if I remember correctly Peyton's stats were less than impressive. Defense was the strength of that team.

Von Miller won that Super Bowl, Peyton threw for 140 yards, 0 TDs 1 INT. Come on man, not even close

You didn't pick a very good comparison. Tiger has accomplished much more in his career than PM. TW overcame MUCH more than just the back surgery btw.

The Broncos won the super despite Peyton, not bc of him. He was a shell of himself that season.

Since your brought up football, think about this. The browns went winless for how long? 600+ days?

Well the sorry Browns won 16 games since Tiger's last win. Since # 79... Imagine winning 79 times in 15 years and then not winning for 5 bc you barely play bc of injury.

I'm not saying it's the best comeback in sports history bc it prolly isn't. But gosh damn is it impressive. It's Tiger and Hogan's comebacks above all others in golf at least. Thats for sure.

Unless AK wants to make a comeback ;)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

It really is a strange phenomenon how and why so many people are drawn to TW. I agree the long term health of the PGA really relies on more parity especially in regards to marketing players. If you put all your eggs in the TW basket you run the risk of another major down turn in popularity. Still America and the world for that matter loves its heroes as well as its villains and TW gives them both or at least has in the past.

The one last thing all say on the TW subject is this.......for everyone who dislikes TW because of his values, ethics and personal transgressions I'll ask this question. How would you like CNN to follow you around for 20 years? What would your story be? I, for one, want no part of that type of exposure for fear my mamma would find out some stuff bout her sweet little boy!!!!!! ;)

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

He's back- all is right with the world again :D

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I agree the long term health of the PGA really relies on more parity especially in regards to marketing players.

This isn't the way I see i, Steddy.

Spectator golf has always thrived on OVER-DOGS.

Super-Stars sell more than parity, or at least it seems that way to me.

Bobby Jones vs. Walter Hagen.

Sam Snead vs. Ben Hogan

Arnold Palmer vs. Jack Nicklaus.

Tiger vs. Phil.

This is what has always sold.

Where some of us go wrong is that we're avid pro golf fans.

(I'm actually not, but I'm speaking for the forum in general.)

We don't represent the entire target demographic.

Parity among non-crossover players doesn't appeal to the folks who want to see the celebrity stars,

and when golf is thriving, they outnumber the serious fans.

When the reverse is true, golf is usually not thriving.

Golfs need popular superstars more than parity.

That's my take, but of course, my take is just an opinion and far from defininitive.

The one last thing all say on the TW subject is this.......for everyone who dislikes TW because of his values, ethics and personal transgressions I'll ask this question. How would you like CNN to follow you around for 20 years? What would your story be? I, for one, want no part of that type of exposure for fear my mamma would find out some stuff bout her sweet little boy!!!!!!  ;)

Amen, brother!

It really is a strange phenomenon how and why so many people are drawn to TW. I agree the long term health of the PGA really relies on more parity especially in regards to marketing players. If you put all your eggs in the TW basket you run the risk of another major down turn in popularity. Still America and the world for that matter loves its heroes as well as its villains and TW gives them both or at least has in the past.

The one last thing all say on the TW subject is this.......for everyone who dislikes TW because of his values, ethics and personal transgressions I'll ask this question. How would you like CNN to follow you around for 20 years? What would your story be? I, for one, want no part of that type of exposure for fear my mamma would find out some stuff bout her sweet little boy!!!!!! ;)

Exactly, The reality of the situation is Tiger can't play for 20 more years, what does the PGA do when he retires? They won't accept that they will fade into the periphery just because Tiger retired. The PGA will make someone else out to be the next Tiger Woods or the next greatest comeback story. This is great for short term popularity but I don't think the PGA is planning for long term popularity.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Exactly, The reality of the situation is Tiger can't play for 20 more years, what does the PGA do when he retires? They won't accept that they will fade into the periphery just because Tiger retired. The PGA will make someone else out to be the next Tiger Woods or the next greatest comeback story. This is great for short term popularity but I don't think the PGA is planning for long term popularity.

I'm not sure that this is the PGA Tour as much as it is the media that covers the PGA.  No matter which one controls, they both benefit from interest in any of their golfers.  Tiger has been the one player who has deserved the most interest over the past 25 years, and he'll probably continue to earn interest until he retires.  As someone said previously, avid golfers will follow the PGA, pretty much no matter who plays.  The tour and the media want to get and hold the interest of the more casual golf fans, and casual golf fans are interested in the big names,  Tiger will be the biggest name until he stop playing.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

A little perspective from Keven Van Valkenburg's Twitter:

"Just a refresher: 543 days ago, Tiger Woods even couldn't tie his shoes because of severe back pain, was likely addicted to pain medication, and told the cops he thought he was in California when he crashed his car into a guard rail in Florida."

That's a quick comeback from a dark place. I'm proud of Cat and hope he's doing well in his personal life and fight with addiction.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

As I have stated on other threads, I like what I perceive to be the "new Tiger".   I like seeing him smile,showing emotion and his relationship with his peers.   I understand that the excessive media coverage of Tiger can be frustrating, but most understand that its a "follow the money" thing and it ain't Tiger's fault.   I've got to think there were times when Tiger would have liked a little less exposure.  

Personally, I watched this tournament knowing that the Ryder Cup is this week and was really glad to see the way Tiger is playing, especially since he was a Captain's pick.   On the other hand in that same context, I was rather disappointed with and a bit nervous about the play of Phil, another Captain's pick.   Actually, the way Koepka, Reed and Watson played causes me some concern.   Based on what I saw this weekend, I think the "new Tiger" is going to be extremely important this week on the course and in the team room.  

I must agree that the Tiger's "come back" is impressive and fun to watch, I've still got to go with Hogan's return.  After all, he was hit by a bus, literally hit by a bus.

Oh c'mon now. CNN didn't exactly follow Tiger around to find dirt now, did they?

Let's not rewrite history because he had a miraculous come back.

His wife found texts pointing to his serial cheating and engaging in sex with a wide variety of less then moral women. That's what started this whole debacle. And CNN wasn't exactly following him around when he was found dazed and under the influence of drugs.

As much as I admire his tenacity and victory yesterday (yes, the bride and I were cheering for him)

I'm not willing to whitewash his past and blame the media because he won a golf tournament.

All that said, I'm pulling for him to show us more of the new kinder more approachable Tiger.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Tiger didn't commit any violent crimes.

He didn't steal anything from anybody.

He committed adultery, morally offensive to many but not a crime.

I was single when I was a professional athlete at an infinitely lower level.

(I've often compared myself to my neighbor's rescue greyhound who was also a professional athlete.)

Even at my level of pro sports, local club card smokers, the ladies hit on you.

If they hit on somebody who looks like me, flattened nose and all, imagine how they'd hit on somebody who looks like Tiger Woods and carries his billfold.

I know that he'd made commitments as a husband and dad, and those are commitments that I took very seriously once I got around to making them.

I also know that when a young woman approaches you, your ego is inflated and your judgment is subject to being mangled. 

I suppose that it's easy for me to forgive the Tiger.

He didn't do anything to hurt me.

But it's incredibly easy to imagine the situations that tempted him to make mistakes.

I'm not willing to whitewash his past and blame the media because he won a golf tournament.

All that said, I'm pulling for him to show us more of the new kinder more approachable Tiger.

Hey bud you might have misinterpreted my point. I was in no way shape or form blaming the media. I was simply stating we all have made mistakes big and small. The difference is TW's mistakes are in the public eye. To often while judging others we forget about our own shortfalls and or transgressions. I'm sure there are those on the forum who have lived a much better life and have made much better decisions personal and professional than most. Still the vast majority have struggled to get it right from time to time.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Everybody has their own battles to fight!

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone...."

ok, that's a bit much and everyone, including me, has opinions about other people for right or wrong.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

If there is one thing this year, this thread, and this section of the forum has taught me it's that a lot of you care way more about the perception of a golfer than the actual truth and talent of the golfer. This thread, the numerous Bryson and Rahm threads, the weekly thread about bad fan stuff, the thread about how Tiger gets covered in a tournament, etc.

Y'all need to chill out sometimes and enjoy the ride. 

Seriously, if you don't like Tiger person of personal indiscretions or perceived favoritism, I'm not going to sway you and that's not my aim. I just want you to relax and enjoy the ride. Growing up I was not a Tiger fan, I was a Sergio guy. However, I understood his brilliance and found him immensely entertaining to watch because of the sense of inevitability and the impossible. Let's be real, Tiger is the Needle in a way no one else in sports is for their individual sport, save Serena Williams and maybe Conor McGregor. Golf is way more fun with him here, and if you don't believe me look at the ratings from yesterday, the twitter and social media outreach, and lastly the scene coming up 18. That was something out of like Rocky II. 

Look, you don't have to love Tiger, or his fans, but if Big Cat hasn't earned your respect with this comeback... well, I don't know what to tell you. 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Tigers walk up 18 though was out of the ordinary and even the commentators said they hadn't seen anything like it, ever! in a golf tournament.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Tigers walk up 18 though was out of the ordinary and even the commentators said they hadn't seen anything like it, ever! in a golf tournament.

My wife started getting into golf about 5 years ago, and was in awe of the spectacle. It was nice to watch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

I also know that when a young woman approaches you, your ego is inflated and your judgment is subject to being mangled. 

I suppose that it's easy for me to forgive the Tiger.

He didn't do anything to hurt me.

But it's incredibly easy to imagine the situations that tempted him to make mistakes.

I wouldn't know what any of that is like.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I convinced two women to marry me (ex-wife and divorced once to clarify).  I've often told my (current) wife that she's it, and it's to the grave.  I've told her multiple times that she was a sucker for committing to a fool like me.  Her response is usually, "yeah, I had a very weak moment."

So no, I wouldn't know, nor want to know what it's like to have multiple women hitting on you.  And frankly, I'm not even sure that's a positive thing in this #metoo nightmare world we are living in.  If I was a single guy today, I'd probably enter a monastery and ignore anything with a vagina and menstrual pain.  It just seems too scary and dangerous to even look at a woman anymore for fear of being accused of harassment or (heaven forbid) just being a man.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Archived