TESTERS WANTED! ×

I'm burned out on the Tiger "Worshipers"

Mr. 82

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is a strange phenomenon how and why so many people are drawn to TW. I agree the long term health of the PGA really relies on more parity especially in regards to marketing players. If you put all your eggs in the TW basket you run the risk of another major down turn in popularity. Still America and the world for that matter loves its heroes as well as its villains and TW gives them both or at least has in the past.

The one last thing all say on the TW subject is this.......for everyone who dislikes TW because of his values, ethics and personal transgressions I'll ask this question. How would you like CNN to follow you around for 20 years? What would your story be? I, for one, want no part of that type of exposure for fear my mamma would find out some stuff bout her sweet little boy!!!!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm not willing to whitewash his past and blame the media because he won a golf tournament.

All that said, I'm pulling for him to show us more of the new kinder more approachable Tiger.

Hey bud you might have misinterpreted my point. I was in no way shape or form blaming the media. I was simply stating we all have made mistakes big and small. The difference is TW's mistakes are in the public eye. To often while judging others we forget about our own shortfalls and or transgressions. I'm sure there are those on the forum who have lived a much better life and have made much better decisions personal and professional than most. Still the vast majority have struggled to get it right from time to time.

This is what I've been trying to say since last year, albeit much less eloquently. Everyone puts him up on this pedestal because he's (imo) the best golfer to step foot on a course and expects him not to make human mistakes. Opiate addictions, cheating on your spouse, and DUIs are not uncommon.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

This whole thread needs to be deleted. Seems we've been outnumbered with Tiger fans.

Blake

Seconded.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

This whole thread needs to be deleted. Seems we've been outnumbered with Tiger fans.

Blake

You could always start a new "I don't like Tiger because..." and enjoy yourselves there.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

You could always start a new "I don't like Tiger because..." and enjoy yourselves there.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: this is meant as a joke, please don't take seriously.

I figure any thread on a golf forum/site that doesn't support Tiger is like going to church and saying you're an atheist. Or living in Boston and pulling for the Steelers.

Being serious now. I'll be the first to say I'll agree to disagree.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Tiger is 11 shots out of the lead and still we're seeing every shot he hits. 

They have twitter accounts solely devoted to Tiger tracking.

PGA Tour media coverage is basically about Tiger Woods, and nothing else.  Tiger didn't come close to winning the tournament, but that's all we see and read about.

Tiger drains a 20+ footer for par on 18, and the crowd goes nuts, even though the putt really didn't matter or increase his chances in winning anything.

The winner of the tournament was an afterthought, even though he scorched a burned out TPC Avenel with a course record tying 62 on Sunday.

I know a ton of people live and breathe with everything that Tiger Woods says and does, but honestly, it's a huge turn off for me from the real golf going on.  It's become a circus sideshow honestly to everything else.  It detracts from the other golfers to the point where J.J. Spaun is lighting it up on Thursday or Friday, and he was the group behind Tiger, and in answering a question from the media, he tells them that he didn't even have a gallery because everyone was following Tiger.

Look, I get it, he's won 14 majors and dominated the golf world for a decade.  But wake me when he's won something recently.  Frankly, he looks tired and worn out and looks like a very old 42 years old.  I just don't see him winning anything relevant in the future.  All of this coverage just makes me want to turn off the TV.

And heck, maybe I am the only one who feels this way, and all you Tiger worshipers can commence in bashing away at me if that makes you feel better.  But my honest opinions are just that, my opinions.  Feel free to disagree and hate me if you want.  And frankly, if that's the case, it's not Tiger that I hate - it's the people who obsess over his every move that I absolutely can't stand.  Tiger worshiping just disgusts me honestly.

Sir, are you awake yet?

edit: I agree though, the thread should be deleted since the original post is no longer relevant.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Healthy discussion with an exchange of ideas and feelings is not a bad thing. Even when I don't agree 100% there are always bits and pieces offered from others that provide me a different perspective.

In my opinion the most insightful and enlightening posts are written in such a way to provide perspective rather than a personal attack on an individual or group of individuals.

Discussions about TW are interesting and fun especially when those offering opinion seek only to be understood and not to offend. When an individual makes an emotional statement that condemns the feelings and or opinions of others then objectivity becomes lost. At that point a thread doesn't necessarily need to be stopped or deleted it just needs a gentle push back to a positive direction.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Archived