TESTERS WANTED! ×

It's over!

So we just got back from our big money stay and play weekend. A very well run outing, here is the run down. 16 guys, everyone has an established handicap.

Day 1/Rd 1: 4 man best ball, count 1 individuals net score on the first hole towards the team total, then 2 two on the second hole and then 3 net scores on the third hole, then go back to 1 score and repeat. You record the net score only for the team score and net score for the individual. Points are awarded to 4 lowest individual net scores and low net best ball team scores. So the low net individual gets 7 points, the second gets 5, third get 3 and last gets 1 point. The same for each member of the low net teams.

Day 1/Rd 2: 4 man Shamble. All players drive. Pick the best one and everyone plays their own shot in from that spot. Again, team and individual net scores are awarded points, 7 for first, 5 for second, 3 for third and 1 for last.

Day 2/Rd 1: 2 man best ball. Count the best net score for each player, the team score is the better of the two. Individual points awarded for low net team and low net individual, 7-5-3-1.

Day 2/Rd 2: Two man scramble. Team points only. Alternate shot on two par 5s, reversing the order on each. Points are 7-5-3-1.

Day 2/Rd 2: 4 man scramble. Team points only. Alternate shot on last 2 par 5s on each side, each guy must tee off once. Same team points, 7-5-3-1.

Bonus points: 2 par 3s each round have a closest to the pin which is worth a bonus point to the individual.

At the end of these rounds, the top two players are Ryder Cup captains. They will draft a team of 8 players and select match-ups for match play in the last round.

Day 3/Rd 1: Individual match play. 7 points to win your individual match. 5 points to the members of the winning team. Bonus points 7-5-3-1 to the low net individual scores.

I was in 6th place at the end of the 5th round and within sniffing distance of the overall win and a podium position was a definite possibility. I was matched up against the chip leader in the individual match play. Our games are similar in strengths/weakness so it made sense. I needed to beat him and needed a little more help to win it but it was not absurdly out of the picture. In match play, we went back and forth for 14 holes until he pulled off some great shots on the final 4 holes. I was getting 3 stokes and played to my handicap. I lost by 1 net stroke, 3 and 2 in the match, and my team got crushed.... it was not to be. I think he and I where 1 & 2 or 1 & 3 in the individual net scores.

Great job by the guy who sets this whole thing up. Every thing is scored on google docs spread sheets via your smart phone so you can see live scoring between the groups in real time. No one takes anything too seriously and the smack talk is encouraged. Lots of fun.

Rounds per year: 80-90. 

Handicap: 11.6

In my Bag:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR (Adjusted 1/2 to the draw side and 8* loft)

Fairway Woods: 3 & 5 Taylormade SLDR

Irons 4-AW: Taylormade M2 (2016)

Wedges: Volkey SM6 56* and SM7 60*

Balls: ProVx - preferred, Calloway Chrome second.

Holes in one: None  ;)

Albatross: ONE!  :D

Eagles: Many

Favorite golf slogan: It's a target game, not a distance game. 

Sounds like it was a fun time. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel