TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Cleveland Launcher HB/CBX Irons

Just shot a 75 with the Launchers. Best round of my life. These bad boys just deliver. Trending to an 8.3 index, lowest ever and nearly 4 strokes better than when I started with these clubs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yowzers!!

Nice shootin'!!

In this heat that's like a 65.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Yowzers!!

Nice shootin'!!

In this heat that's like a 65.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Everything was working today but did fizzle out a bit at the end. I was 1 over thru 16 then ran into some trouble the last 2 holes. Putter was on fire but the Launchers were getting me close enough to roll in some putts for birdies.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just shot a 75 with the Launchers. Best round of my life. These bad boys just deliver. Trending to an 8.3 index, lowest ever and nearly 4 strokes better than when I started with these clubs.

Congrats partner!   I took my locals old coots to the woodshed Tuesday and I'm planning on spanking that arse again tomorrow!  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congrats partner!   I took my locals old coots to the woodshed Tuesday and I'm planning on spanking that arse again tomorrow!  

Thanks buddy!  I won $15 but spent $9 on beers afterwards.  Hope you got the money today.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Thanks buddy!  I won $15 but spent $9 on beers afterwards.  Hope you got the money today.

Attaboy!   That's the way to kick that butt [bOOM] 

I played good (40 +44 =84) however one of the other guys shot 80 with a 37 on the back nine. My putter let me down today as I had the pulls....  :mad:  I did win two skins today so not all was loss.   Man I'm so much in love with my HBs!!! 

Cleveland

I played good (40 +44 =84) however one of the other guys shot 80 with a 37 on the back nine. My putter let me down today as I had the pulls....  :mad:  I did win two skins today so not all was loss.   Man I'm so much in love with my HBs!!! 

Nice work sandbagger!  Now you can up the ante on these guys next time out. 

So I mentioned a bag tweak and I ordered a club but put heavier shafts in my CBX wedges and man what a difference in accuracy.  I'm down to only 3 non Cleveland clubs in my bag and used a Srixon ball yesterday.  It might only be a matter of time before I make the full commitment to Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

We need to jack up this thread so word gets out how well made and playable these irons are.  Looking forward to our team mates laying down their stage 2 reviews!  

Cleveland

Nice work sandbagger!  Now you can up the ante on these guys next time out. 

So I mentioned a bag tweak and I ordered a club but put heavier shafts in my CBX wedges and man what a difference in accuracy.  I'm down to only 3 non Cleveland clubs in my bag and used a Srixon ball yesterday.  It might only be a matter of time before I make the full commitment to Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO.

You can't deny the quality and results we are seeing with the Cleveland products!  I've never played better golf in my entire life and that's been a looooooong time. 

Cleveland

You can't deny the quality and results we are seeing with the Cleveland products!  I've never played better golf in my entire life and that's been a looooooong time. 

Agreed!  My stage 2 full bag picture was after 15 rounds and a quick wash.  Look brand new and they perform...what more can you ask for?

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Agreed!  My stage 2 full bag picture was after 15 rounds and a quick wash.  Look brand new and they perform...what more can you ask for?

Yours are holding up extremely well without headcovers and mine look brand new with the headcovers so these puppies should last a lifetime.  Well, I'm still thinking about that back up set in case mine go missing.   I would have a hissy fit if my HB's were lost or stolen!

Cleveland

It is great to hear the CBX irons are working for you. The cobra thread may have a run for their money in regards to cumulative handicap reduction.

Maybe maybe not.. You'll just have to wait and see... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

OG i gotta know is the honeymoon phase overwith or is it still Betty??? 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

My brother in law needs to go the route of one of these two iron sets. He really struggles with his irons and thought the cobra one length would be the solution and they aren't.

He absolutely loves his cbx wedges though

I had the Cobras single length irons and liked them a lot but the Launchers have taken my game to an entirely new level. I've been thru a lot of SGI and GI irons and nothing has come close to the consistency they provide me. I filled my bag with CBX wedges and they are great too.

I know Peanut and Heath are lower handicaps than OG and I so I'm curious to hear about the CBX irons. Regardless I hope your bro in law will give the launchers a whack or two.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

OG i gotta know is the honeymoon phase overwith or is it still Betty??? 

It's Betty and most of the time she treats me really well.  Tuesday, I was rolling the rock well and for some reason today, I missed three short putts to the left side of the hole, which cost me three skins :mad: ......  Momma said there would be days like that so Betty is still my hoss and I'll ride her pretty arse off into the sunset.   :wub:  

Cleveland

I had the Cobras single length irons and liked them a lot but the Launchers have taken my game to an entirely new level. I've been thru a lot of SGI and GI irons and nothing has come close to the consistency they provide me. I filled my bag with CBX wedges and they are great too.

I know Peanut and Heath are lower handicaps than OG and I so I'm curious to hear about the CBX irons. Regardless I hope your bro in law will give the launchers a whack or two.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^

I'm more consistent with the Launchers than with any irons I have ever bagged. Also my CBX wedges are money....   I love em!

Cleveland

I agree, the word needs to get out about these clubs. Keep the banter up in the Cobra thread and it should drag people over here too 😁😎.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

The deed is done, it isn't as good as the other two who certainly set the bar high! Enjoy guys! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Excellent Heath, really enjoyed your balanced stage two

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Very nice work Heath. It is every bit as good if not better than mine. Tons of detail and data. Cleveland 3, old clubs 0.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Cleveland Launcher CBX Irons review- Official MGS forum member review by HeathS16

Part 5: “To Be Or Not To Be.”

Will the CBXs remain in my bag? I think they have to, this is MGS, so despite the way I feel about them if I keep shooting in the 70s why in the heck would I toss them out of the bag? I gamed them for my first golf league experience and they got me to within 1 stroke of winning points 3 times, so obviously they perform under pressure. I guess what I am saying is I will keep them in the bag until I find something that can do the same things but are a forged head, and a bit more workable (snobbish I know) and fit me a bit better.  That being said, I think this set is a perfect for any 10-30 handicap golfer. It will do all of the things it says it will do; easy to hit, inspires confidence, solid feel and fast ball speed. If you're in the market for a solid set of forgiving and controllable irons I would certainly give these a look.

Keep it score: 16 out of 20

P.S. In case I am too long winded

I set off on this review journey with a decision to make.  I had to decide whether or not to replace my beloved iron set.  Like I said before, the Clevelands were going to have to earn their way into to my bag and they did enough to win the spot.  I am not in love with these irons but I cannot deny that they are a solid set and worth a look. I do not feel as though they excel at one thing or another but do everything well. Honestly, they lost points on just a few small things that added up, (paint chipping cost 4 pts) They are not the spinniest irons, but they will hold a green.  Nor are they the thinnest irons but are aimed to be more forgiving. The forgiveness is offered through a great piece of engineering in the v-sole; giving your turf interaction a significant boost especially out of the rough. They do what they say they are going to do, help you play better. In the end, if the equipment helps you get the ball in the hole, you'd be stupid not to use it right?

FINAL SCORE: 88 out of 100

attachicon.gif Bag Shot.JPG

Great job Heath!   You put a ton of work into this review and covered all the bases.  I loved you honesty while covering every detail a potential buyer could ask for.   Well done!

Cleveland

My brother in law needs to go the route of one of these two iron sets. He really struggles with his irons and thought the cobra one length would be the solution and they aren't.

He absolutely loves his cbx wedges though

I can't speak for the HBs but if he wants the same tech in his iron set as the CBX wedges I'd have him take a serious look at the CBX Launchers. They perform.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Great job Heath! You put a ton of work into this review and covered all the bases. I loved you honesty while covering every detail a potential buyer could ask for. Well done!

I appreciate it! It was honestly exhausting but I loved every second of it! I tried to be brutally honest here and keep objectivity. Plus I knew it had to be good after you and Wedgie posted such good reviews!

Very nice review Heath.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

B

O

O

M

goes the dynamite !!!

Sweet round buddy!

There should be a thread reserved only for MGS irons testers that tracks their improvement from old set to new set. It'd be cool to see which irons gave the most improvement - no matter what they are - GI/SGI/Players... sounds like you and @Wedgie would have a good lead on the pack!

That's a great idea. And sounds like something Gs_Studque could whip up this winter during some down time.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's a great idea. And sounds like something Gs_Studque could whip up this winter during some down time.

That would be cool and a very good idea. I just went down to 8.3 with today's adjustment. Handicap improvement of 3.8 strokes and by far the lowest I have ever been.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

That would be cool and a very good idea. I just went down to 8.3 with today's adjustment. Handicap improvement of 3.8 strokes and by far the lowest I have ever been.

Great job fellow HB lover!  Now you need to go into your settings and update that awesome handicap.

Now when Peanut posts his Stage 2, our testing group will have finished the task!  

I'm a bit surprised that our stage 2 threads have not received the views/likes that I had hoped for. Cleveland has an awesome product out this year. We worked hard to have the info available for all to see the performance and value we enjoy. 

Cleveland