TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Cleveland Launcher HB/CBX Irons

Hi - when will this review be finalised?

Probably never, reviewer hasn’t been on the site since September.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Probably never, reviewer hasn’t been on the site since September.

Sadly most likely true.  But also rather curious first post from Tony 🤔

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's a shame- still there's always that risk I suppose, pity as he did a decent stage 1.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Oh come on now!   You of all people should know I talk clearer than poppa rooster while  running with momma hen from a Friday night chicken fry. 

The worst part is I understand that....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

47 minutes ago, Rickp said:

The worst part is I understand that....

so do I- too much Dukes of Hazard/Smokey and the bandit when I was younger

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

That's a shame- still there's always that risk I suppose, pity as he did a decent stage 1.

A shame indeed and a bummer for all involved including Cleveland Golf that was so generous in offering us clubs to test and keep.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

A shame indeed and a bummer for all involved including Cleveland Golf that was so generous in offering us clubs to test and keep.

And a bummer for those not involved as they might have passed over for a test opportunity for someone that took the clubs and split.

It’s work to do these reviews but sometimes members don’t treat it as such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would throw an update to the Cleveland CBX's I tested last year as I was still a bit on the fence about them after my review. I gamed them for the entire company golf league season that ended in late October.  I continued to game them until December when I switched to some Ping i210s.  They fit me a lot better than the Clevelands did.  I never quite got used to the CBX launchers, however, they are a good set of clubs and one of the more dashing game improvement sets out there.  Cleveland makes a good product.  Broke 80 2x's with the PINGs since December so the switch has been a good one.  Anyway thats my update, hope everyone else is doing well! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, a new one here. This thread was one of the main things to raise my interest towards the HBs. When my fitter also confirmed that they could be the best choice I purchased a set (5-DW) with senior graphite shafts. 

I’ve played just three years. Being now 51yrs old myself I still have quite good flexilibity but my swing speed has been very slow. I’ve never really trusted in my iron shots hence the longest iron ( WS D200, regular iron shafts) in my bag used to be number seven. 

Not anymore. I love hitting every single one in my iron set. My i7 swing speed went up from 61 to 69. I got so much more confidence to my swinging that I hit even my driver better that I used to. Golf feels so much more fun now. 

Couple questions: are many of you using the i4 and SW? Is the 4 very much different from the 5? Can you open the SW and hit a normal bunker shot?

Hello, a new one here. This thread was one of the main things to raise my interest towards the HBs. When my fitter also confirmed that they could be the best choice I purchased a set (5-DW) with senior graphite shafts. 
I’ve played just three years. Being now 51yrs old myself I still have quite good flexilibity but my swing speed has been very slow. I’ve never really trusted in my iron shots hence the longest iron ( WS D200, regular iron shafts) in my bag used to be number seven. 
Not anymore. I love hitting every single one in my iron set. My i7 swing speed went up from 61 to 69. I got so much more confidence to my swinging that I hit even my driver better that I used to. Golf feels so much more fun now. 

Couple questions: are many of you using the i4 and SW? Is the 4 very much different from the 5? Can you open the SW and hit a normal bunker shot?

Hi Jaaba, I am happy to hear you are enjoying the clubs. I have the 4 iron but not the SW. We discussed the 4 iron throughout this thread as being a great club. It is every bit as easy to hit as the 5 and about the only 4 iron on the market I can actually hit consistently.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

50 minutes ago, Jaaba said:

I love hearing success stories and sounds like your golfing future will be a heck of a lot more fun.  The 4I is flat out awesome and was very easy to hit IMO.  I did not game the SW in this set so I have no experience to share.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1 hour ago, Jaaba said:

These are great clubs. I game the 4 and 5 iron in my bag. I hit the other irons way too high but arrow straight and I am not sure whether that is a function of the club or my increased swing speed from doing super speed golf and I need stiff shafts in the other clubs. I was thinking about switching the shafts to stiff to see what would happen. 

Anyways. Enjoy the clubs. They are the real deal. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2018 at 5:12 AM, HeathS16 said:

However the overall look of the set aesthetically is quite nice.  I do however have to mention one of the biggest disappointments for this set was the fact that the sharp, good-looking blue stripe on the back of the irons started chipping away within 4 weeks of use.  I had not even walked with these, only ridden in carts and the paint was already chipping. This was SUPER disappointing!

Just coming back to this review.

I have the set for a year now and played like 30 rds with them. I agree with all the positive notions and cannot confirm the problems with the blue stripe. In fact, the clubs still look like new. Compared to my second set, Srixon Z565, which really looks badly used after 60rds. Srixon wears quickly and Cleveland CBX does not seem to age at all. Other than that, both clubs are really alike to play.

best,

Henning

Just coming back to this review.
I have the set for a year now and played like 30 rds with them. I agree with all the positive notions and cannot confirm the problems with the blue stripe. In fact, the clubs still look like new. Compared to my second set, Srixon Z565, which really looks badly used after 60rds. Srixon wears quickly and Cleveland CBX does not seem to age at all. Other than that, both clubs are really alike to play.

best,
Henning

So glad you’re liking them. Maybe I just got a bad set, those paint chunks came off quick.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt you have heard of buyers remorse but how about sellers remorse?  I often look back and wish I had never let my HB's leave the stall.... 😥  Damn great irons and so easy to lift in the air.   It's like selling ya best blue tic hound for a greyhound. The greyhound might outrun the rabbit however the bluetic stays the course.   

Cleveland

No doubt you have heard of buyers remorse but how about sellers remorse?  I often look back and wish I had never let my HB's leave the stall....   Damn great irons and so easy to lift in the air.   It's like selling ya best blue tic hound for a greyhound. The greyhound might outrun the rabbit however the bluetic stays the course.   

I understand, but it would be more like trading an English Setter for a Pomeranian at pheasant season.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

24 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I’m here for you ole gray if you just need someone to talk to.

Thank ya HB cuz! lol   I suppose you're still stripping them  like Iron Byron 💣🏌️‍♂️

Cleveland

Step right up folks!  Could be the last chance to snag the Launcher HB irons new.  Steel or graphite now only $499 for 4-PW.  Check your local retailer for details!

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

9 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Step right up folks!  Could be the last chance to snag the Launcher HB irons new.  Steel or graphite now only $499 for 4-PW.  Check your local retailer for details!

They truly are great irons!

Cleveland

55 minutes ago, ole gray said:

They truly are great irons!

Yes they are and I guess this means new Launcher irons might be coming soon.  We should start a Go Fund Me and each get a new set.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

This might just be the best bargain of the year right here.... they WON the most wanted SGI category last year.... against stiff competition.

https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/irons-/launcher-hb-irons-(set)/MLHBI.html

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Yes they are and I guess this means new Launcher irons might be coming soon.  We should start a Go Fund Me and each get a new set.

I love it! 💣🏌️‍♂️

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

I bought these about 6 weeks ago.  Needed a forgiving set with graphite irons to give my elbow and injured hand a break.  Took me a while to work out the short irons, but I love these sticks.  My scores have really improved with these.  I had my best two rounds of the year last weekend.  A 77 and 76. I've shot in the 80 - 84 range most of this year, but my score are really improving now that I'm hitting more greens with these Launchers.  I can hit them from any lie, and moderate rough is not an issue.  Mostly, I love how forgiving they are on days when I'm not at my best.  Just wish I bought them sooner!! 🙂  Can't recommend them enough.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:37 AM, Wedgie said:

Not Launcher.  But a very interesting new iron that should raise some eyebrows!! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Not Launcher.  But a very interesting new iron that should raise some eyebrows!! 

Wait...what? You going to drop this bomb and walk away?

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

One of them I heard a little birdie things huh? 😉

9 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Wait...what? You going to drop this bomb and walk away?

It's like a female coonhound in heat.  She breezes pass the male and then walks off with a smile.......  😆

Cleveland

Cleveland has been making great irons for years.  They always seem to fly under the radar though.  My first fitted set were the Cleveland TA-7 irons with the micro cavities.  

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder