hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Cleveland Launcher HB/CBX Irons

Our Sponsors

So did I.. LOL   You guys Have done an amazing job.. 

Wedgie, OG....DO you all feel that these clubs will stay in the bag? As someone who just finished a major test,I knew almost right away that they would.. Some clearly were better than others but they all are staying.. Would you be willing to make those decisions at this point? or do you feel more time is needed? 

It would take a Momma Gorilla in heat to take my HB's away from me!  Even then I might spank that arse.    :D  Seriously they are here to stay as my misses are so much more playable with these puppies.   Love em!  :wub:

• Like 1

Great review OG, btw did your buddy Will flash you “The Finger” during the video?......LOL

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Great review OG, btw did your buddy Will flash you “The Finger” during the video?......LOL

Thanks Foz and about Will,  how did you know that?  :D

Still loving the launchers and although the handicap has stabilized I feel like there is still room to improve with better decisions on the course. Doubled 16 and 18 last time out to shoot an 80 and getting primed for dude trip to Florida first week of November.

IMG_0062.JPG

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Still loving the launchers and although the handicap has stabilized I feel like there is still room to improve with better decisions on the course. Doubled 16 and 18 last time out to shoot an 80 and getting primed for dude trip to Florida first week of November.

IMG_0062.JPG

Great job partner!  It was a pleasure co testing with you and I can see you kicking several arses with these weapons.   

• Like 3

Great job partner!  It was a pleasure co testing with you and I can see you kicking several arses with these weapons.   

I’m going to kick all their arses with these beauties.

• Like 3

It's is almost 3 weeks since my pro ordered the Launcher HBs. 4-pw was ordered with the understanding that if I didn't want the 4 iron no problem the pro shop will keep with rental clubs. Its pouring rain outside and the temperature is dropping in NJ. Hope they arrive before it really gets cold. Just wanted to keep the thread alive and promise to update once they arrive and I get a chance to use them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 3putter said:

It's is almost 3 weeks since my pro ordered the Launcher HBs. 4-pw was ordered with the understanding that if I didn't want the 4 iron no problem the pro shop will keep with rental clubs. Its pouring rain outside and the temperature is dropping in NJ. Hope they arrive before it really gets cold. Just wanted to keep the thread alive and promise to update once they arrive and I get a chance to use them.

That's great that you will keep the thread going with your thoughts!  If you're anything like Wedgie and myself, the 4i will be the easiest one you have ever bagged.  Hopefully you will receive em soon and get a few rounds in before the nasty weather kicks in to stay. 

• Like 2

I'm sure they are sold out after the reviews we did!  Okay, maybe not but enjoy them when they get there.  What shafts did you get?

• Like 3

Finally got my HBs today 5 to pw. They get their initial trial tomorrow am.20181018_165843.thumb.jpg.253935bca454993575ccfcb645797009.jpg20181018_170243.thumb.jpg.b9024c5b2fa577293443989ef1e181f2.jpg20181018_172019.thumb.jpg.462437c7461f97055aaeb788435d4b59.jpg

Great...let us know how you like them? It took me one round to adjust.

Hey 3putter the suspense is killing me. Did you take them out yesterday? Thoughts?

Took them out yesterday for their maiden run. Will take some getting use to. Ground was still very soft and a lot of bare spots in fairways. Didn't play well in general, operator error not the tools used. Started hitting them better towards end of round. Will post update after some range time and another round.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, 3putter said:

Took them out yesterday for their maiden run. Will take some getting use to. Ground was still very soft and a lot of bare spots in fairways. Didn't play well in general, operator error not the tools used. Started hitting them better towards end of round. Will post update after some range time and another round.

Hang in there 3putter and you should see that forgiveness kicking in soon.  Were you fit for your irons or did they come standard?

Semi-fit from same rep at two different demo days. Only modification from standard was + 1/2" in length. It made sense to me since prior set was 1* upright. Hit the range yesterday, I'm awesome off of mats. I will keep updating my progress even though the temperature has dropped to the 40s and low 50s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3putter said:

Semi-fit from same rep at two different demo days. Only modification from standard was + 1/2" in length. It made sense to me since prior set was 1* upright. Hit the range yesterday, I'm awesome off of mats. I will keep updating my progress even though the temperature has dropped to the 40s and low 50s.

Yep sounds like you should be spot on.   ha ha yea we're all touring jocks at the range and when we hit the course with a scorecard , we become wandering gypsies.   The cold weather is definitely a bitoch while trying to bond with new clubs however maybe you will see some good weather in the mix..  Looking forward to your next round with em. 

I have been able to get 2 more rounds in and am starting to see improvement. The trajectory and distance are good. My only issue at this time is the line is off to the right. My miss with my prior set was a pull or a hook. It will take some more time to get used to the HBs, if no improvement I might need to have the lie angles checked and possibly altered.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 3putter said:

I have been able to get 2 more rounds in and am starting to see improvement. The trajectory and distance are good. My only issue at this time is the line is off to the right. My miss with my prior set was a pull or a hook. It will take some more time to get used to the HBs, if no improvement I might need to have the lie angles checked and possibly altered.

Maybe have the 7 iron bumped up one more degree upright?  If that works change the rest of em then you'll be cooking with Crisco...

Gonna give it a few more rounds, weather permitting. Hit some really nice shots yesterday. If it continues, I will adjust 1 club. Good advice, thanks.

• Like 1