Jump to content

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Cleveland Launcher HB/CBX Irons


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

77 with the HBs at a course in Ocean City MD on Friday. Love them!  Hit a 185 yard 4 iron high draw to an elevated green. Beautiful!
Also, I have found with the wide flange that these clubs are a chipping monster with a simple putting stroke!  Will not DIG on that chipping stroke!
Looking to Florida trip next month with multiple rounds. 


That is awesome! Love hearing stories like this. I can’t wait to get these to Florida next month either. I’ll try the chipping tip....thanks!


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Love 1

Wedgie

 

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cleveland Launcher HB 4-PW Steel Irons    Stage 1    First of all I would like to thank MyGolfSpy and Cleveland Golf for this opportunity. Testing is a priviledge that I don't take lightly. Living

Stage One Review – Cleveland Launcher HB Irons – 7/3/2018 - Wedgie   When I found out My Golf Spy and Cleveland Golf were hooking up four lucky people to go out with and share their experiences

Before we get this little show on the road I want to thank a few people/organizations. First off I want to thank my wonderful wife Taylor for letting me obsess over these irons for the last few weeks

Posted Images

1 hour ago, joen said:

77 with the HBs at a course in Ocean City MD on Friday. Love them!  Hit a 185 yard 4 iron high draw to an elevated green. Beautiful!

Also, I have found with the wide flange that these clubs are a chipping monster with a simple putting stroke!  Will not DIG on that chipping stroke!

Looking to Florida trip next month with multiple rounds. 

Glad to see a low capper with gonads big enough to game a game improvement iron.   You da man! 💣

  • Love 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wedgie said:

 


That is awesome! Love hearing stories like this. I can’t wait to get these to Florida next month either. I’ll try the chipping tip....thanks!


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

 

I look forward to hearing about your trip. And yes....I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the chipping. 

9 hours ago, ole gray said:

Glad to see a low capper with gonads big enough to game a game improvement iron.   You da man! 💣

Thanks!  I will play with garden hoes and shovels if it will improve my game!  Lol. 

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been dealing with two bulging discs in my lower back for quite some time.   I've been back in forth with my shot shape through the years.   As many of you know I was born a hooker and hooking is my nature.  With that said, no doubt the torquing and twisting I is not helping my back.  Sooooooo I have decided one last time to put the fade back in my game and stay with it.  Ok so now to the Cleveland HB irons.  It will be interesting to see how well I can consistently play my new shot shape (fade) with these irons.  More to come and I'll be reporting back as this transition develops. 

  • Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 9:03 PM, ole gray said:

I've been dealing with two bulging discs in my lower back for quite some time.   I've been back in forth with my shot shape through the years.   As many of you know I was born a hooker and hooking is my nature.  With that said, no doubt the torquing and twisting I is not helping my back.  Sooooooo I have decided one last time to put the fade back in my game and stay with it.  Ok so now to the Cleveland HB irons.  It will be interesting to see how well I can consistently play my new shot shape (fade) with these irons.  More to come and I'll be reporting back as this transition develops. 

The HB's either want to go straight or draw.  I'm guessing  it might be the 2 degrees upright that is making it not fade friendly.  

  • Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 9:25 PM, ole gray said:

The HB's either want to go straight or draw.  I'm guessing  it might be the 2 degrees upright that is making it not fade friendly.  

I'm a lefty and tried my playing partners HB's on course last week, and I hit them well, much better then the Steelheads I have had in the bag the last two years. I really love the hybrids, but the last few months have been a struggle with the irons. Every other part of my game has been ok, but it seems I just can't hit a green, LOL. I spent two days reading every review I could, then ordered a set 4-DW reg graphite. They came tonight around 6pm, and I can't wait to hit them tomorrow at the range.

As I'm sitting around tonight I stumbled upon this review and I feel like we're the same golfer. We both live in areas where we can play year round (I'm in Myrtle Beach SC). I actually joined this site tonight to ask your advice about bag set up. I'll turn 65 in June. My hcp last fall was a 14, but is now up to 17 (poor iron play). You also played the Steelhead irons and hybrids, which I play. 

My question is, did you keep the SH #3 hybrid in your bag? When I compared the HB 4 iron tonight to the SH 4 hybrid there is a big difference in length. I'm assuming the SH 4 hyb would go further because of that. Did keeping the HB 4 iron in your bag leave a big distance gap between the SH 3 hybrid and the HB 4 iron? 

Sorry for the long winded post, I enjoyed yours and @Wedgie reviews. Your results are exactly what I'm hoping for with these irons.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 4

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 3&4 Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54-12 & 58-10 

:scotty-small: 2020 Newport 2 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" or :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'm a lefty and tried my playing partners HB's on course last week, and I hit them well, much better then the Steelheads I have had in the bag the last two years. I really love the hybrids, but the last few months have been a struggle with the irons. Every other part of my game has been ok, but it seems I just can't hit a green, LOL. I spent two days reading every review I could, then ordered a set 4-DW reg graphite. They came tonight around 6pm, and I can't wait to hit them tomorrow at the range.

As I'm sitting around tonight I stumbled upon this review and I feel like we're the same golfer. We both live in areas where we can play year round (I'm in Myrtle Beach SC). I actually joined this site tonight to ask your advice about bag set up. I'll turn 65 in June. My hcp last fall was a 14, but is now up to 17 (poor iron play). You also played the Steelhead irons and hybrids, which I play. 

My question is, did you keep the SH #3 hybrid in your bag? When I compared the HB 4 iron tonight to the SH 4 hybrid there is a big difference in length. I'm assuming the SH 4 hyb would go further because of that. Did keeping the HB 4 iron in your bag leave a big distance gap between the SH 3 hybrid and the HB 4 iron? 

Sorry for the long winded post, I enjoyed yours and @Wedgie reviews. Your results are exactly what I'm hoping for with these irons.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site.  Im sure OG will chime in with answers to your questions.   Warning you may need to go rent the good ole boys dictionary to understand what he says though. Ha

Hope to see you around the forum...lots of helpful folks here and good conversation. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'm a lefty and tried my playing partners HB's on course last week, and I hit them well, much better then the Steelheads I have had in the bag the last two years. I really love the hybrids, but the last few months have been a struggle with the irons. Every other part of my game has been ok, but it seems I just can't hit a green, LOL. I spent two days reading every review I could, then ordered a set 4-DW reg graphite. They came tonight around 6pm, and I can't wait to hit them tomorrow at the range.

As I'm sitting around tonight I stumbled upon this review and I feel like we're the same golfer. We both live in areas where we can play year round (I'm in Myrtle Beach SC). I actually joined this site tonight to ask your advice about bag set up. I'll turn 65 in June. My hcp last fall was a 14, but is now up to 17 (poor iron play). You also played the Steelhead irons and hybrids, which I play. 

My question is, did you keep the SH #3 hybrid in your bag? When I compared the HB 4 iron tonight to the SH 4 hybrid there is a big difference in length. I'm assuming the SH 4 hyb would go further because of that. Did keeping the HB 4 iron in your bag leave a big distance gap between the SH 3 hybrid and the HB 4 iron? 

Sorry for the long winded post, I enjoyed yours and @Wedgie reviews. Your results are exactly what I'm hoping for with these irons.

Thanks in advance!

Good morning and welcome to the ole coots club meaning Medicare age! 😋  No doubt the HB irons will help you become a more consistent iron player. They are fun, easy to hit and want to go straight.  As for the HB 4 iron, I hit it far enough  while testing that I did not feel the need for a 3 hybrid.  In my opinion, Cleveland should have added a HB 3 iron as an option. Later I added  a Ping G 2 hybrid (17 degree) to my bag.  My steel shafted Steelheads were already in a different home when I began testing the Cleveland HB irons. 

Now I'm really going to confuse you as I have a rare talent for doing.   It's like going on a coon treeing contest without a coon hound. It gets's real interesting. I wanted to work on a baby fade for my shot shape as it placed less stress on my back which now has two bugling disc. With the HB irons wanting to go straighter than a teenager to the prom dance, I went back to my old love.  You guessed it, the Steelhead irons but this time with graphite shafts.  I'm a happy camper and all is well at the woodshed!

 

When you said, " the HB4 compared to the Steelhead 4H there is a significant difference in length", are you saying the HB is much longer?  If that is the case then you might want to consider a 4-wood.   Just saying 👍

  • Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome to the site.  Im sure OG will chime in with answers to your questions.   Warning you may need to go rent the good ole boys dictionary to understand what he says though. Ha

Hope to see you around the forum...lots of helpful folks here and good conversation. 

Oh come on now!   You of all people should know I talk clearer than poppa rooster while  running with momma hen from a Friday night chicken fry. 

  • Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ole gray said:

Oh and glad to have ya on board  GS!

 

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Good morning and welcome to the ole coots club meaning Medicare age! 😋  No doubt the HB irons will help you become a more consistent iron player. They are fun, easy to hit and want to go straight.  As for the HB 4 iron, I hit it far enough  while testing that I did not feel the need for a 3 hybrid.  In my opinion, Cleveland should have added a HB 3 iron as an option. Later I added  a Ping G 2 hybrid (17 degree) to my bag.  My steel shafted Steelheads were already in a different home when I began testing the Cleveland HB irons. 

Now I'm really going to confuse you as I have a rare talent for doing.   It's like going on a coon treeing contest without a coon hound. It gets's real interesting. I wanted to work on a baby fade for my shot shape as it placed less stress on my back which now has two bugling disc. With the HB irons wanting to go straighter than a teenager to the prom dance, I went back to my old love.  You guessed it, the Steelhead irons but this time with graphite shafts.  I'm a happy camper and all is well at the woodshed!

 

When you said, " the HB4 compared to the Steelhead 4H there is a significant difference in length", are you saying the HB is much longer?  If that is the case then you might want to consider a 4-wood.   Just saying 👍

I'd love to get a 4 wood, but the last one I remember anyone made in LH was the PING G25. The adjustable 3 woods they make now the shaft is too long, and increasing loft makes them more upright anyway I think. Lowering the loft on a 5 wood flattens the lie?

With the SH 4 hybrid, I was talking about the length of the shaft. Not how long it plays LOL.

The SH's are great irons, I played some great golf with them, but there's something in my swing (or head, LOL) that is screwing me up with them the last few weeks. Do yourself a favor and try to find a SH 5 hybrid. Without a doubt the easiest club in the set. I don't know how well you hit your 5 iron, but I love hybrids. That's what attracted me to the HB's. 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 3&4 Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54-12 & 58-10 

:scotty-small: 2020 Newport 2 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" or :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'd love to get a 4 wood, but the last one I remember anyone made in LH was the PING G25. The adjustable 3 woods shaft is too long, and increasing loft makes them more upright anyway I think.

With the SH 4 hybrid, I was talking about the length of the shaft. Not how long it plays LOL.

The SH's are great irons, I played some great golf with them, but there's something in my swing (or head, LOL) that is screwing me up with them the last few weeks. Do yourself a favor and try to find a SH 5 hybrid. Without a doubt the easiest club in the set. I don't know how well you hit your 5 iron, but I love hybrids. That's what attracted me to the HB's. 

Hmmmmmmm  I've never hit a 5 hybrid!  Might have to consider that one. 

  • Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so a little bit of panic is setting in. 😓 I just got back from my first range session with the HB's and it wasn't exactly inspiring. As has been the case lately, my swing wasn't great. I hit a few chunky shots, and some thin ones also. 

The forgiveness is definitely off the charts with these irons though, as every ball went straight, and elevated with ease. That's the good news. Here's the bad. The good strikes I had all looked the same. They had a nice high straight ball flight, but were a club short of my Steelhead's. The 4 and 5 were easy to hit, but I don't think they go as far as my SH hybrids, which was a concern going in. The PW and DW were the worst culprits. Where I would normally hit my AW 90-95 with a comfortable swing, the DW was barely in the 80-85 range. That is the same distance my 54* MD3 goes. 

The range balls might have something to do with it, and as I said, I haven't been playing well lately, my swing is really off kilter. The clubs felt great, actually a lot softer then the Steelheads, and I can see they are way more forgiving. The distance loss is something I couldn't live with though, and I hope it's a temporary thing, just my swinging a new club that I'm not used to. Two of my friends play these and claim they hit the HB's as long or longer then their old set.

I had planned on putting these in the bag for league play tomorrow, but now I'm not sure. I have to decide if I'd be better off dealing with my Steelhead issues, or jumping into the fire with the HB's.

  • Like 2

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 3&4 Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54-12 & 58-10 

:scotty-small: 2020 Newport 2 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" or :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

OK, so a little bit of panic is setting in. 😓 I just got back from my first range session with the HB's and it wasn't exactly inspiring. As has been the case lately, my swing wasn't great. I hit a few chunky shots, and some thin ones also. 

The forgiveness is definitely off the charts with these irons though, as every ball went straight, and elevated with ease. That's the good news. Here's the bad. The good strikes I had all looked the same. They had a nice high straight ball flight, but were a club short of my Steelhead's. The 4 and 5 were easy to hit, but I don't think they go as far as my SH hybrids, which was a concern going in. The PW and DW were the worst culprits. Where I would normally hit my AW 90-95 with a comfortable swing, the DW was barely in the 80-85 range. That is the same distance my 54* MD3 goes. 

The range balls might have something to do with it, and as I said, I haven't been playing well lately, my swing is really off kilter. The clubs felt great, actually a lot softer then the Steelheads, and I can see they are way more forgiving. The distance loss is something I couldn't live with though, and I hope it's a temporary thing, just my swinging a new club that I'm not used to. Two of my friends play these and claim they hit the HB's as long or longer then their old set.

I had planned on putting these in the bag for league play tomorrow, but now I'm not sure. I have to decide if I'd be better off dealing with my Steelhead issues, or jumping into the fire with the HB's.

For league play, I would put the Steelheads back in the bag and work more with the HB's on the range.   I forgot how long the Steelhead irons were and had to adjust my yardages all over again.  I agree if you are looking for super forgiveness the HB's are the ticket.  I had to go back to the Steelheads because of their work-ability and consistency. 

  • Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ole gray said:

For league play, I would put the Steelheads back in the bag and work more with the HB's on the range.   I forgot how long the Steelhead irons were and had to adjust my yardages all over again.  I agree if you are looking for super forgiveness the HB's are the ticket.  I had to go back to the Steelheads because of their work-ability and consistency. 

Yeah, they are long, that's for sure. I love my setup with them also. I go from 6-AW w reg graphite in the irons. The matching 3,4,5 hybrids are absolute monsters for me. I hit them so well that I thought a set like the HB's would be money for me.

*Do yourself a favor and try to find the Steelhead 5 hybrid we talked about this morning. I know you'll like it.*

Anyway back to the HB's. I live in  a 4 golf course community, and because I'm obsessed I went out around 7pm and played a bunch of shots from 90-120 yards. That DW is driving me crazy. I'm thinking if it doesn't wake up real quick maybe getting it bent to 48* and see if that helps with the gapping. The PW must have read my mind because it started behaving tonight. 

Edited by Grand Stranded

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 3&4 Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54-12 & 58-10 

:scotty-small: 2020 Newport 2 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" or :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Yeah, they are long, that's for sure.I love my setup with them also. I go from 6-AW w reg graphite in the irons. The matching 3,4,5 hybrids are absolute monsters for me. I hit them so well that I thought a set like the HB's would be money for me.

*Do yourself a favor and try to find the Steelhead 5 hybrid we talked about this morning. I know you'll like it.*

Anyway back to the HB's. I live in  a 4 golf course community, and because I'm obsessed I went out around 7pm and played a bunch of shots from 90-120 yards. That DW is driving me crazy. I'm thinking if it doesn't wake up real quick maybe getting it bent to 48* and see if that helps with the gapping. The PW must have read my mind because it started behaving tonight. 

I never got to try the DW in the Cleveland set so I can't relate to what you are seeing.   I game the Cleveland CBX wedges  (50 & 56) and absolutely love em! 😍

I was looking around today for that 5 hybrid you speak of..  😉

  • Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Launchers for me provide great gapping from the 4 thru the PW. I always struggled with consistency with whatever 4 I was playing and a 5 iron. I always felt I had to be inside 150 to have a chance to hit a green. With the Launchers I feel I have a chance from about 180 in. That being said I found the D wedge to be short for me and I dumped it for a 48 CBX wedge and it has been much better. I haven’t played the Steelheads but I think your friends are correct when saying the Launchers are as longer or longer than anything out there. My first time out with the Launchers I shot a 95, second time out a 77. Hang in there and trust them, they will deliver.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 2

Wedgie

 

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

The Launchers for me provide great gapping from the 4 thru the PW. I always struggled with consistency with whatever 4 I was playing and a 5 iron. I always felt I had to be inside 150 to have a chance to hit a green. With the Launchers I feel I have a chance from about 180 in. That being said I found the D wedge to be short for me and I dumped it for a 48 CBX wedge and it has been much better. I haven’t played the Steelheads but I think your friends are correct when saying the Launchers are as longer or longer than anything out there. My first time out with the Launchers I shot a 95, second time out a 77. Hang in there and trust them, they will deliver.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You and @ole gray have been great. I appreciate both of you.

My mind has been racing all day thinking about that DW. I have the CBX wedges coming Friday, LOL in 54* and 58*. I'm going to give the DW one or two more solid range sessions, but I don't want to try to force distance out of a wedge by over swinging it. If I have to bend it 2* strong, I'd rather do that then drop another $129. 

If I can get comfortable with the rest of the set I could see myself going to the 48* CBX though. My neighbor has one, and I was hitting it tonight. Great wedge, and it was giving me the exact yardage I look for in my GW (around 90-95 yds).

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 2

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 3&4 Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54-12 & 58-10 

:scotty-small: 2020 Newport 2 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" or :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

You and @ole gray have been great. I appreciate both of you.

My mind has been racing all day thinking about that DW. I have the CBX wedges coming Friday, LOL in 54* and 58*. I'm going to give the DW one or two more solid range sessions, but I don't want to try to force distance out of a wedge by over swinging it. If I have to bend it 2* strong, I'd rather do that then drop another $129. 

If I can get comfortable with the rest of the set I could see myself going to the 48* CBX though. My neighbor has one, and I was hitting it tonight. Great wedge, and it was giving me the exact yardage I look for in my GW (around 90-95 yds).

Thanks buddy and you are going to LOVE the CBX wedges! 😍

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...