Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT CHALLENGE 2018

I'm comparing the offset of the F8 to my current set...yes I am on the Cobra Golf website again. The offset compared to my Ping i200s is about double. I am wondering if any of you had trouble with the amount of offset. I do love the progressive offset and always disliked the I200 transition from 7 iron to 6 iron because the 6 iron has almost double the offset of the 7. I am guessing this was asked before but with 143 pages to go through and probably 10000 posts lol I think I will just ask for forgiveness.

@Geeking - I was a little worried about this as well, but then I told myself,

61059491.jpg

The performance of the 4-6 irons is so good that I can get past the offset (and the rubenesque topline).

Looking like Reese may take this but who knows what diabolical mathematical demons lurk in Studs head

I think Reese has this challenge locked down

Yeah the overall is too close to call, I will be bouncing off the wall waiting for the announcement

You'll just have to wait and see. We still don't know what MD has done/will do. There's one more day to play.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'd like to say that this thread save the greatest for last....and I promised to bring the heat this week, but dang it, mother nature beat me to it! I sucked wind a bit more than I wanted to and just didn't put up the numbers that would of won me this week's challenge.

Played Compass Pointe's South-West Course and chose to play from the blues.  

Score: 90

Slope: 128

Rating: 71.9

Yardage: 6,590

compass last round.PNG

Summary:

• Pars: 8
  • Bogies: 4
  • Double Bogeys: 4 (ouch!)
  • Triple Bogeys: 2 ( :(
  • 4 penalties...really need to get this under control.  Without these, I could of been a bit more competative this week.
  • 5 of 14 fairways.  Felt like it was better than it was.
  • 4 of 18 GIR.  The reason for this low number is pretty simple - I played from the blues and just couldn't hit the longer approach shots close to the green.
  • 3 of 9 chips.  Still need work on this
  • 0 of 2 sandies.  You'd figure I'd be killing this stat since I just came back from the beach

Really need to minimize the penalties and general bad play.  The game was finally coming around as I became more comfortable with the one length F8s.  Questions...feel free to ask...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Hope springs eternal in the mind of the deluded golfer, but I have to call this week done. That really meh 79 I shot on Friday is not my comp round. It's the 67 last Sunday at the The First Tee, so that's what we're going with.

Score: 67

Course Rating: 62.1

Slope: 111

Hugs: Plenty

Folks, this has been more fun than one guy should be allowed to have. Hat tip to all of my co-conspirators. MGS couldn't have picked four better guys to go through this with.

In case you missed it, here's a (lightly edited) repost of the round recap.

So today I played a shortie with my shortie, the First Tee of Chesterfield National Golf and Yacht Club.

39208299_2119081061666372_1935184982221783040_n.jpg

It's a good place to work on irons and short game. Today's round wasn't bad, but I definitely left a few out there.

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 10.14.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 9.29.13 AM.png

Don't think of this as one over, it's really more like +4. Three missed four footers absolutely drove me bananas. A quick chat with the pro after the round confirmed what I thought - my eyes were too far inside the ball and the toe of the putter was off the ground, leading to pulled putts. A 64 there would have been cool... 65 is my personal best. After an inauspicious bogey start, things got back on track at 2.

And they went pretty smoothly until I put it in a low spot in the fairway on six. Somehow, there's a deep little hole that the mowers can't get to, so you get three inches of bermuda grass in the middle of the fairway. I've been in divots in the fairway before, but I've never been in three inches of grass and had to hack out. Oh well. Bogeys on six and seven turned the mood a little foul. But nine made things a little better...

Have we mentioned that the long irons are Long. Irons. Further proof:

I can't figure out a reason to hit the 3 hybrid. I do wish Cobra made a proper 3 iron for this set. Actually, they do - they just put a 4 on the sole. I had another nice cozy one on 15, leading to another birdie.

Another missed 4 footer on 16 brought me back to reality, and I knew I had to get it in gear. After a routine par on 17, I wanted to give myself a chance for a birdie on 18. The last hole there is short, but it's extremely narrow, with a forest on the left and a huge lake on the right. I proceeded to yank my tee shot left, bouncing it off the cart path into the trees. The catcher called for a pitch out, leaving me a lob wedge. It was tracking right on the pin but finished about 8 feet short. I forced myself to get my eyes over the ball and dropped it.

But the best part of all was the post-round hug. Until next time...

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'd like to say that this thread save the greatest for last....and I promised to bring the heat this week, but dang it, mother nature beat me to it! I sucked wind a bit more than I wanted to and just didn't put up the numbers that would of won me this week's challenge.

compass last round.PNG

Summary:

• Triple Bogeys: 2 ( :()
  • 4 penalties...really need to get this under control. Without these, I could of been a bit more competative this week.
  • 5 of 14 fairways. Felt like it was better than it was.
  • 4 of 18 GIR. The reason for this low number is pretty simple - I played from the blues and just couldn't hit the longer approach shots close to the green.
  • 3 of 9 chips. Still need work on this
  • 0 of 2 sandies. You'd figure I'd be killing this stat since I just came back from the beach
Really need to minimize the penalties and general bad play. The game was finally coming around as I became more comfortable with the one length F8s. Questions...feel free to ask...

MDGolfHacker

Good effort mate, at least you're starting to feel comfortable with the one lengths. You just know that as soon as the challenge finishes you'll start shooting the lights out 🤣😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Hope springs eternal in the mind of the deluded golfer, but I have to call this week done. That really meh 79 I shot on Friday is not my comp round. It's the 67 last Sunday at the The First Tee, so that's what we're going with.

Score: 67

Course Rating: 62.1

Slope: 111

Hugs: Plenty

But the best part of all was the post-round hug. Until next time...

Mike, it doesn't matter whether you win this week's challenge or not. The look of joy on your daughters face when she's playing golf with you is the biggest victory of all. 😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

attachicon.gif compass last round.PNG

Summary:

• 4 penalties...really need to get this under control.  Without these, I could of been a bit more competative this week.
  • 4 of 18 GIR.  The reason for this low number is pretty simple - I played from the blues and just couldn't hit the longer approach shots close to the green.
  • 0 of 2 sandies.  You'd figure I'd be killing this stat since I just came back from the beach
Really need to minimize the penalties and general bad play.  The game was finally coming around as I became more comfortable with the one length F8s.  Questions...feel free to ask...

MDGolfHacker

MDGH

you struggled this challenge,but this last round you did was great. As someone in the same handicap range as you,I would be hitting the ceiling if I shot a 90.

A big Congrads.

And to all 5 of you.

You guys worked so hard and you guys worked together as a team with each supporting the other as needed.

I whole heartedly commend you guys for completing this 8 week challenge. It was not an easy task and you guys embraced it with enthusiasm, hard work,and dedication to MGS.

I raise a glass to you 5 and toast you all.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

And to all 5 of you.

You guys worked so hard and you guys worked together as a team with each supporting the other as needed.

I whole heartedly commend you guys for completing this 8 week challenge. It was not an easy task and you guys embraced it with enthusiasm, hard work,and dedication to MGS.

Thanks to you Har, for keeping up with us and making sure that this challenge stayed in the forefront of all things My Golf Spy.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks to you Har, for keeping up with us and making sure that this challenge stayed in the forefront of all things My Golf Spy.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Thanks Foz. I enjoyed it immensely.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Shoot I mean there are so many right now I am in overloadattachicon.gif tenor-1.gif

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

With all the work going into this thread (plus the time I am spending on the tournament), I havent had time to dive into others. I get addicted very quickly... so I try to focus on one thing at a time! hahah 

Hey Gents,

Thought I'd post this little beauty rite here since the prize is from week 7 voting.

Here is the reveal of the Puma hat and “golf shirt” that I won.

attachicon.gif IMG_1065.JPG

My first thought.... “wow am I luck to win such a great hat” .

My next thought was “man am I gonna have some fun with this one”.

If you think back to Week 1 of the PGA Tour Mr. Rickie Fowler was wearing something very similar in Hawaii. So I did a little googling and what's to follow is a “who wore it best” competition”. I'll let you boys decide, voting closes at midnight September 1st... be kind!

attachicon.gif EB847DFB-F312-45C0-8DDA-A5A7F3C56B08.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

BIG SEXY!!! 

RobbyBaytun,

Maple ridge BC, OMG  we are being invaded by canadians....oh wait maple ridge and pitts meadow are like next to each other right??  Are you Joyzee's burner account? If you tell me your from Australia also I'll shoot myself.. lol

Looking good AT least Rickie wore pants.. LOL.. You get my vote Robby... 

I'm about an hour and a half south of you. 

Rob lives about 5-10 minutes away from me. We play on the regular and drink tins on the regular too! 

Might try and drag him down to Washington when we go for a hit Dave. 

Clint it has been a pleasure.. You played your ass off.. all the best to you my friend... Still 74 is a hell of a round.. 

thank you sir. I was always pushing s*** up a hill once you lit the joint up! Way to go! 

attachicon.gif compass last round.PNG

Summary:

MDGolfHacker

Good on ya MD. You're a trooper my man! 

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Mike, it doesn't matter whether you win this week's challenge or not. The look of joy on your daughters face when she's playing golf with you is the biggest victory of all.

Amen to that. I am the luckiest guy on earth to have two kids that both love the game and still want to hang with their old man.

And to all 5 of you.

Har - You were a big reason this thread was so successful. Looking forward to much more of the same in future. Thanks my friend!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

45 minutes spies

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

45 minutes spies

Holding stud to the clock. Yikes. What happens if he doesn't post it at 8? We riot? 🤪

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Holding stud to the clock. Yikes. What happens if he doesn't post it at 8? We riot? 🤪

Why not everyone else does!! I work tomorrow so when is everyone off so we can riot lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

i'm not gonna say anything. Mouth's shut.

I have to  work with Stud in the Ping review.

:P  :P

Dexterity:

i'm not gonna say anything. Mouth's shut.

I have to work with Stud in the Ping review.

:P :P

Have to? I think you meant to say you GET to. It'll be fun times!

Tonight's announcement definitely won't be at 8pm. I know the winners for forum and competitors but can't get a list together with pictures and future stuff galore until the kids go down.

Patience pays off.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Have to? I think you meant to say you GET to. It'll be fun times!

Tonight's announcement definitely won't be at 8pm. I know the winners for forum and competitors but can't get a list together with pictures and future stuff galore until the kids go down.

Patience pays off.

We were lied to!!!! Its okay stud I would bust the chops of anyone given the chance lol

Give our wonderful Spy Stud some time....I was just messing around...this thread has been dead so I was trying to spice it up...last week was one for the ages

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

I am laughing because no one likes my 45 minute post for fear of the Stud's wrath...

Bryson DeChambeau

How many minutes Geek?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

keeping my mouth shut

Dexterity:

SUNDAY ANNOUNCEMENT - Last Week

We've reached the finish line. Phew. Some of us are sighing with relief whilst other as sobbing with sadness. It's quite the bittersweet feeling but this entire event has been quite the accomplishment. We've successfully connected a community around a single, competitive event. This is the announcement for Week 8 results, but we still have the big daddy overall announcements to go for the overall challenge. Without further ado:

WEEK 8 RESULTS:

Competitors: Best Net Score

SHOWTIME! Our home-spun formula has helped the 5 competitors do battle on a level playing field on 5 different courses across the country. The entire challenge has built to this moment and every tester performed by #LivingUnderNetPar

Week 8.jpg

ReeseDW took home his third win of the season with a solid PB. As we could all figure, a PB was necessary to win this week since all 5 of our competitors have realized some significant gains in their game due to the Cobra F8 line of clubs. Spots 1, 2, and 3 are all tightly contest while spots 4 and 5 can make a leap with some help. It's still anyone's game since the overall category can swing the tide in anyone's favor.

Week 8 RollUp.jpg

Forum Members: Net HC Improvement Prediction

Not sure if I should be disappointed in the forum predictions or flat out impressed with the competitor's improvements. All 5 of our competitors improved their overall HCs and that's a SIGNIFICANT achievement that Cobra should hang their hat on. Here's the breakdown:

fozcycle -4.4

HardcoreLooper -5.3

Joyzee10 -3.2

MDGolfHacker -2.9

ReeseDW -6.6

The total improvement for the 5 testers is 22.4 handicap points

For our forum member challenge, we had 2 close guesses. oaks guessed 21 but by virtue of decimal points, our winner for week 8, and first person to win 2 weeks of Puma gear is Nunfa0 with a guess of 23. Nunfa0 also had the highest guess of all members who submitted a prediction.

Great job you kiwi!

Congrats! I'll send you a PM to see if your sizes have changed in the past few weeks.

OVERALL CHALLENGE

Competitors: Final Category Worth 2x Points

This is in the first post but I'll post it here with blanks to give you an idea of how it'll break down:

Overall.jpg

HC Improvement should be self explanatory but here's some definitions for the rest......

• Personal Bests: There are 20 categories in Arccos for PBs. The competitors will post their total list and any PB that falls in the dates of the challenge (8 July - 2 Sep) will count towards this total.
  • Total Rounds: Total rounds played in the dates of the challenge (8 July - 2 Sep)
  • Presence: Staff ranked for combined SM and Thread presence. This has been the hardest decision BY FAR. All 5 of the testers have far exceeded expectations and are nearly impossible to separate. If I had it my way, I'd disinclude this category to make it easier on Rob and myself but that wouldn't be fair to the competitors who have been busting their butt to win best presence throughout the challenge. We'll figure something out......
Forum Member Contest: Overall Participation

The grand prize will go to the member who displayed the best participation throughout the entire challenge. There will be 3 additional days of torture before this winner is announced. As a reminder, the winner will receive a set of F8 irons + Arccos 360 to track their own improvements.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

thanks Stud. awesome work there.

Nunfa

your guess was as good as gold.Congrads

Congrads ReeseDW

You played awesomeand got first.

The quiet person dropped a few hints here and there and some picked up on it and others not.

Dexterity:

Nunfa0 cleaning up with a other win! Nice job, bud!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Joyzee - congrads on coming in second.One first place and 3 second places is and two third places out of 8 is a great result.

FoZ,

I wish I could drop 4.4 strokes. Great work throughout this.

MDGH

you struggled with the one irons but perservered. Dropping 3 shots is awesome. I actually calculated you as going up in strokes. you proved me wrong. awesome.

Hardcore

You dropped 5 shots which got you 2nd place this week. Awesome job.

Now I think the question we are all waiting for

Who is going to keep the clubs in the bag?

In summary

You all did great work.

Dexterity:

SUNDAY ANNOUNCEMENT - Last Week

We've reached the finish line. Phew. Some of us are sighing with relief whilst other as sobbing with sadness. It's quite the bittersweet feeling but this entire event has been quite the accomplishment. We've successfully connected a community around a single, competitive event. This is the announcement for Week 8 results, but we still have the big daddy overall announcements to go for the overall challenge. Without further ado:

WEEK 8 RESULTS:

Competitors: Best Net Score

SHOWTIME! Our home-spun formula has helped the 5 competitors do battle on a level playing field on 5 different courses across the country. The entire challenge has built to this moment and every tester performed by #LivingUnderNetPar

attachicon.gif Week 8.jpg

ReeseDW took home his third win of the season with a solid PB. As we could all figure, a PB was necessary to win this week since all 5 of our competitors have realized some significant gains in their game due to the Cobra F8 line of clubs. Spots 1, 2, and 3 are all tightly contest while spots 4 and 5 can make a leap with some help. It's still anyone's game since the overall category can swing the tide in anyone's favor.

attachicon.gif Week 8 RollUp.jpg

Forum Members: Net HC Improvement Prediction

Not sure if I should be disappointed in the forum predictions or flat out impressed with the competitor's improvements. All 5 of our competitors improved their overall HCs and that's a SIGNIFICANT achievement that Cobra should hang their hat on. Here's the breakdown:

fozcycle -4.4

HardcoreLooper -5.3

Joyzee10 -3.2

MDGolfHacker -2.9

ReeseDW -6.6

The total improvement for the 5 testers is 22.4 handicap points

For our forum member challenge, we had 2 close guesses. oaks guessed 21 but by virtue of decimal points, our winner for week 8, and first person to win 2 weeks of Puma gear is Nunfa0 with a guess of 23. Nunfa0 also had the highest guess of all members who submitted a prediction.

Great job you kiwi!

Congrats! I'll send you a PM to see if your sizes have changed in the past few weeks.

OVERALL CHALLENGE

Competitors: Final Category Worth 2x Points

This is in the first post but I'll post it here with blanks to give you an idea of how it'll break down:

attachicon.gif Overall.jpg

HC Improvement should be self explanatory but here's some definitions for the rest......

• Personal Bests: There are 20 categories in Arccos for PBs. The competitors will post their total list and any PB that falls in the dates of the challenge (8 July - 2 Sep) will count towards this total.
  • Total Rounds: Total rounds played in the dates of the challenge (8 July - 2 Sep)
  • Presence: Staff ranked for combined SM and Thread presence. This has been the hardest decision BY FAR. All 5 of the testers have far exceeded expectations and are nearly impossible to separate. If I had it my way, I'd disinclude this category to make it easier on myself but that wouldn't be fair to the competitors who have been busting their butt to win best presence throughout the challenge. We'll figure something out......
Forum Member Contest: Overall Participation

The grand prize will go to the member who displayed the best participation throughout the entire challenge. There will be 3 additional days of torture before this winner is announced. As a reminder, the winner will receive a set of F8 irons + Arccos 360 to track their own improvements.

Wow. 22 points of handicap improvement across 5 testers. That is insanity. Congrats nunfao!

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Thanks guys, that was a great surprise to wake up to 😁.

Congrats to all of the testers, you guys have all been awesome!! You have managed to work your butts off, answer all of our questions, have great banter with each other and keep this thread rolling to become the new benchmark for the forum 😁😎.

A massive thank has to go to Studque and Rob for keeping us under control and on track. How Stud has kept his sanity is beyond me, having to deal with us, control the testers and keep score, you are amazing sir 👏👏🍻.

Finally thank you to the forum. It has been brilliant fun to participate in this and it has confirmed to me that this is the place for me 😁. The good humor and banter in here plus the genuine thirst for knowledge have been fantastic and it has left me wanting more 🤔😁😎

Thanks guys, that was a great surprise to wake up to .

Congrats to all of the testers, you guys have all been awesome!! You have managed to work your butts off, answer all of our questions, have great banter with each other and keep this thread rolling to become the new benchmark for the forum .

A massive thank has to go to Studque and Rob for keeping us under control and on track. How Stud has kept his sanity is beyond me, having to deal with us, control the testers and keep score, you are amazing sir .

Finally thank you to the forum. It has been brilliant fun to participate in this and it has confirmed to me that this is the place for me . The good humor and banter in here plus the genuine thirst for knowledge have been fantastic and it has left me wanting more

Well said Nunfa0. you alway express yourself with great intent and words.

Dexterity:

Awesome job guys that's impressive that you guys all dropped that much. Way to go on the repeat nunafa0. And I think har wins for participation since he has been on here A LOT.

Thanks but I can name a few others more deserving.

Dexterity:

Amazing job this is an awesome event ...Reese with a PB tool this week and Nun got his second win great job to both of you...

Bryson DeChambeau