hckymeyer

OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT CHALLENGE 2018

It's going to be fun following along with your progress, especially since you're going with the One Length. 

Russtopherb:

I thought it would take me more time to get used to the one length irons, but I found if I didn't think about it being the same length, then it worked as it should.  I do find that I seem to hit knee height shots with the 4 iron much more than I expected.  It take a few rounds to feel comfortable with any new irons, so I'm chalking it up to the learning curve of these irons :D

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

I'd love to for the guys to track how many times they go against the arccos caddie recommendations and the results of their rogue behavior haha

Uh...I've pretty much gone against the caddie recommendations the entire time :D  On the upcoming rounds, I'll start listening to it's council to see if it really makes a difference..

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

Uh...I've pretty much gone against the caddie recommendations the entire time :D On the upcoming rounds, I'll start listening to it's council to see if it really makes a difference..

MDGolfHacker

Just curious, are you going against it by choosing less club or more club than Caddie recommends?

• Like 1

What does it do for off yardage shots? Say your under a tree and at a 8 iron distance, but you use a 5 and only hit it your 8 distance, does it mess up your stats? Sorry if this has been covered, I'm not caught up with this thread yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Just curious, are you going against it by choosing less club or more club than Caddie recommends?

I'm still in the mindset that I'm hitting the clubs further than I really am.  It's hard to get yourself to adjust and trust the data the Arccos is giving you.  As GolfSpy Rob has pointed out, I am short on a lot of my approach shots.  

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Come on this is the internet....of course he's taking less club than the recommendation. And not just one club less, nah that would be easy....he's going two clubs less 🤪🤪

• Like 6

Nice read Looper. If the schedule works out for both of us, I'd love to meet up at the TowsonW&M game when they are down there.

Rob - I'd love to go watch the Tribe try to beat you guys in a three-for-all. We should hop out on "The Shoe" beforehand.
  • Like 1

Image1531189315.468678.jpg

Yo, Joyzee I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finnnnnish; but MDGolfHacker had the one of best intros of all time. One of the best intros OF ALL TIME.

• Like 3

Breaking my heart over here. I really really wanted this to not be the case. But please don't hold back, im looking forward to hearing more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Bardle - I'll go into more detail in future posts, but just let me say these two things:

1. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Android guy

2. The iPhone experience with Arccos is much better

• Like 2

I'm still in the mindset that I'm hitting the clubs further than I really am.  It's hard to get yourself to adjust and trust the data the Arccos is giving you.  As GolfSpy Rob has pointed out, I am short on a lot of my approach shots.  

MDGolfHacker

Just the thought of a LW with a 7 iron length shaft is sending chills down my spine

• Like 1

What does it do for off yardage shots? Say your under a tree and at a 8 iron distance, but you use a 5 and only hit it your 8 distance, does it mess up your stats? Sorry if this has been covered, I'm not caught up with this thread yet.

Arccos uses an algorithm they call "Smart Distance." It depends upon how many times you've hit the club. Once you have a decent representative sample of data for a given club, it will drop outliers like this. In older versions of the Arccos software, it let you pick shots to exclude from your stats. Now it does it for you.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifImage1531189315.468678.jpg

Yo, Joyzee I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finnnnnish; but MDGolfHacker had the one of best intros of all time. One of the best intros OF ALL TIME.

HAHAHA LOL!! Love it! #bringthebanter

• Like 2

Joyzee....setting the high jump bar at 8' right out of the gate.

That video is a classic. I've seen many iterations of it, but that one jumps straigjt to the top.

That has to make its way to Cobra ...I'm sure it would be be passed around the office like a plate of Chocolate Chip cookies right out of the oven! Or certainly shown at a Marketing staff meeting.

I'm here all (8) week(s)  :lol:

• Like 3

Joyzee10, that video is hilarious and just the right amount of banter 👏😁

Thanks, mate!

Great intros so far! I love Joyzee's video!

Thank you! Hope you enjoy the next 8 weeks as I am sure we will! 

• Like 1

My vote is for Joyzee because that captioning was super creative and I know that took a lot of time.  "Call the florist!"

rFTcrzn.jpg

Cheers, jlukes! 

• Like 1

It's gonna be hard to beat for sure, gotta wait for the other testers before I cast my vote though

source.gif

haha love the GIF 

• Like 1