hckymeyer

OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT CHALLENGE 2018

Uh...I've pretty much gone against the caddie recommendations the entire time :D  On the upcoming rounds, I'll start listening to it's council to see if it really makes a difference..

MDGolfHacker

TBH I haven't really looked at the caddie feature too much as I play a lot of the same courses so I already know what I am (typically) hitting - off the tee at least. 

Now that we are kicking off, I will implement it more. 

What does it do for off yardage shots? Say your under a tree and at a 8 iron distance, but you use a 5 and only hit it your 8 distance, does it mess up your stats? Sorry if this has been covered, I'm not caught up with this thread yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The system is “smart” enough to realize it wasn't a regular or full shot and omits it from your optimal stats.

• Like 1

Come on guys, this is just ridiculous!! All of the intros are fantastic so how is any uneducated oaf like me supposed to pick a winner? Do I go for quality or should I be shallow? Do I pick the man who started with hickory like me, do I go for the lefty or do I go for the expat Aussie (ANZAC spirit and all that)?

• Like 2

Right here's a question for you all. Are there any features of the Arccos system that you love/hate?

• Like 2

Right here's a question for you all. Are there any features of the Arccos system that you love/hate?

Nunfa0:

It really is a great system! I wasn't sure I was going to be ok with having a phone in my FRONT pocket, but you get used to it. My two complaints is potentially more because of the Android platform/phone. The Android app is missing some functionality that the iPhone app has and my phone barely makes it through 9 holes let alone 18 with a full charge (it's a Samsung Galaxy S7). I'll go into detail more during my stage 1 but the things I've had to do to get through a round would be enough to prevent me from using it).

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Great question Nunfa0, when you look at the yardage, it shows the best club for you. You can touch “caddie” and get the smart distance club selection as well as alternate strategies. This gives you choices. Then, if you use your finger to move the pointer for a layup shot, it will give you the clubs for each leg. This I like. I played some new courses on my trip to Gatlinsburg and Lexington. Although I did not use the recommendation each time, it made me consider my options. Sometimes the caddie selection does not consider having to go low when a tree is in the path....this I hate.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

My vote is for MDGolfhacker. Solid intro and he had the stones to go one length for a challenge. All the way to the wedges.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Rob - I'd love to go watch the Tribe try to beat you guys in a three-for-all. We should hop out on "The Shoe" beforehand.

That woud be cool. I didn't go there, so they aren't really my team so to speak. I cover the team and enjoy doing so just as I do UMBC, Maryland, Loyola and Navy. But The Shoe sounds interesting. I hope the schedule works out.

• Like 1

Arccos uses an algorithm they call "Smart Distance." It depends upon how many times you've hit the club. Once you have a decent representative sample of data for a given club, it will drop outliers like this. In older versions of the Arccos software, it let you pick shots to exclude from your stats. Now it does it for you.

The system is “smart” enough to realize it wasn't a regular or full shot and omits it from your optimal stats.

That is good info to have though. Is there a category to keep those? Knowing those off yardage shots is as,if not more important than s full shot, for me anyways.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away....

• Like 1

WOW Clint, very strong smack talk mate.

Come on guys, this is just ridiculous!! All of the intros are fantastic so how is any uneducated oaf like me supposed to pick a winner? Do I go for quality or should I be shallow? Do I pick the man who started with hickory like me, do I go for the lefty or do I go for the expat Aussie (ANZAC spirit and all that)?

ANZAC, ANZAC, ANZAC!

• Like 2

Here's some pics of the Cobra F8's.....

My wife bringing me the first delivery....Woods & Hybrids

file-8BE1E1DA-85CE-42C2-BF45-391D5DCA1865-15629-00000A9EF44A3897.jpgfile-DA3060F7-6578-4C39-8010-E04EB99972CC-15629-00000A9EAFFD688D.jpg

next came the irons and wedges

file-827D9298-7E70-4928-B036-AC7F99C4522B-15629-00000A9EB69FB5F3.jpg

Last came the bag...

file-FFB2E991-5BB0-499E-9195-D49E704F2B01-15629-00000A9F18F57FA3.jpgImage1531235737.370430.jpg

file-DA3060F7-6578-4C39-8010-E04EB99972CC-15629-00000A9EAFFD688D.jpgfile-94FD65BB-76E3-4519-A73A-CD81C03B30D8-25183-000011518666408E.jpg

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 4

He Foz watch the aspect ratio when your resizing pics. Make sure you keep the 4:3 ratio and not make it 1:1 because you're distorting your pics

• Like 4

He Foz watch the aspect ratio when your resizing pics. Make sure you keep the 4:3 ratio and not make it 1:1 because you're distorting your pics

Thanks, I adjusted the pics with peeps.

Bardle,

I'm one of two Android Arccos testers. There have been some serious issues which will be covered in my stage one review. Also, Arccos has admitted they initially designed Arccos for the IOS ecosystem and then to the Android platform. As a result, there is some functionality missing on the Android app versus the iphone app.

MDGolfHacker

This is absolutely bizarre.... Android has 85 pct market share of the mobile operating system yet Arccos develops their app for the 15 percent of people who use iOS ????

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266136/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-operating-systems/

Why would they take the smallest market share and develop their core app around that ?

This is absolutely bizarre.... Android has 85 pct market share of the mobile operating system yet Arccos develops their app for the 15 percent of people who use iOS ????

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266136/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-operating-systems/

Why would they take the smallest market share and develop their core app around that ?

As a web developer / IT nerd, It makes even less sense when you consider the fact that most companies of their size use a framework to build and distribute apps via both platforms to ensure stability and features are nearly the same. It makes me pretty angry when I see things like this come up because I know it was just poor project management / lack of industry knowledge from the outset, and now they're in a hole they cant get out of due to new feature roll outs and SDLC issues. If they know whats good for them, they'll invest some dough into the android market. I likely wont ever get arccos until they get the feature set up to snuff. BUT maybe its not as bad I think it is, I will be glued to this thread to find out though. 

• Like 3

As a web developer / IT nerd, It makes even less sense when you consider the fact that most companies of their size use a framework to build and distribute apps via both platforms to ensure stability and features are nearly the same. It makes me pretty angry when I see things like this come up because I know it was just poor project management / lack of industry knowledge from the outset, and now they're in a hole they cant get out of due to new feature roll outs and SDLC issues. If they know whats good for them, they'll invest some dough into the android market. I likely wont ever get arccos until they get the feature set up to snuff. BUT maybe its not as bad I think it is, I will be glued to this thread to find out though. 

I've only used it with Android so I can't comment on any features, but battery life is AWFUL on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. It's an awesome system and I love digging into the numbers, but they really need to sort these issues out.

• Like 1

That is good info to have though. Is there a category to keep those? Knowing those off yardage shots is as,if not more important than s full shot, for me anyways.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away....

no. but it would be a great additional feature. Always tough to make par after a punch out so it would be handy to have a stat to correlate punch out to scoring average.  

well, if it helps at all.... I despise Trevor Chappell!! 

• Like 2