Brian5468

PXG Irons

I was paired up with a guy using PXG Irons the other day.  I had never heard of them before and he absolutely loved them.  Seem to be on the expensive side.  Any of you guys swinging PXGs?  What kind of feedback can you give?

I know there are several guys on here gaming them. They are fantastic clubs. Everyone I've talked to loves them. The expense in mostly because of the quality. If you are a serious golfer with some serious extra cash, these might be for you.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I would love to go spend a few holes with these irons. My Club Champion fitting had these as #1 for me, but I couldn't justify $3200 on irons. The fitter did say that the build quality on them is horrible, that if I get them, have them built by someone I trust in order to get them right. I thought, why spend $3200 and THEN have to pay to re-build them?! Seems silly.

I would love to have these in-hand for a bit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I'm tempted to jump in the pxg heroes discount to get them in the bag. Absolutely love them

I pulled the trigger on the heroes discount. The customer service is out of this world. Did the online fitting, received the clubs and they were completely off I thought I had a decent grasp of my specs, not exactly. Called them up, they sent me to a master fitter and got me squared away. They overnighted the set back from Hawaii and are going to install new shafts for no charge.

As an aside, they dropped the price further from the original offer. You can get a set 4-PEbfor $980. I paid 1300. They couldn't issue a cash refund so instead are sending me the hybrid to make up the difference. They also have included all the gen 1 woods and putters. You won't see it on the website but if you do buy it asks if you want anything else to complete your set and you call for specifics. Drivers in the $300 range, hybrid in the $200, etc.

I will say, I haven't received the new setup yet, but for that price, they are absolutely a no brainer. Just quality all around. Hit the hybrid with the fitter and it blows my H2 away.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Seems like I've heard a little something about them.  :D

searched for existing threads.  didnt see any.  care to elaborate?   :huh:

I would love to go spend a few holes with these irons. My Club Champion fitting had these as #1 for me, but I couldn't justify $3200 on irons. The fitter did say that the build quality on them is horrible, that if I get them, have them built by someone I trust in order to get them right. I thought, why spend $3200 and THEN have to pay to re-build them?! Seems silly.

I would love to have these in-hand for a bit!!!

I would love to demo these as well.  $3200 price tag is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I would love to demo these as well. $3200 price tag is ridiculous.

Their price point is definitely high but it's all relative. I wouldn't pay full ask, b/c I really can't afford it. Same for super high end cars, watches, etc. They are very specific and unapologetic about where they sit in the market. Do the clubs perform, definitely, are they worth that price, it depends. Are the better than everything out there, probably not.

Serious golfers with lots of $$$ is their market. The only reason I am bagging them is b/c of the military program.

• Like 1

searched for existing threads. didnt see any. care to elaborate? :huh:

They were all the rage last year and we have several guys here who game them. They are controversial because of the price.

Be patient the people who game them will weigh in. I can tell you that they love them.

• Like 3

I pulled the trigger on the heroes discount. The customer service is out of this world. Did the online fitting, received the clubs and they were completely off I thought I had a decent grasp of my specs, not exactly. Called them up, they sent me to a master fitter and got me squared away. They overnighted the set back from Hawaii and are going to install new shafts for no charge.

As an aside, they dropped the price further from the original offer. You can get a set 4-PEbfor $980. I paid 1300. They couldn't issue a cash refund so instead are sending me the hybrid to make up the difference. They also have included all the gen 1 woods and putters. You won't see it on the website but if you do buy it asks if you want anything else to complete your set and you call for specifics. Drivers in the $300 range, hybrid in the $200, etc.

I will say, I haven't received the new setup yet, but for that price, they are absolutely a no brainer. Just quality all around. Hit the hybrid with the fitter and it blows my H2 away.

They have great customer service and my local fitter has an account. The $980 price is what I saw and is what has me pondering, but I have similar style club in the p790s and have ping release on the radar. I've akready tested the pxg last year and know exactly what I would go with.

• Like 1

I play the 0311t's. Got them for a hookup from a good friend that's a dealer before the heroes discount existed. I rebuilt mine myself to spec and they're honestly a club and a half longer than the p770's I was playing before. Bent to the same specs, same shafts, same lengths, same swingweights everything. I absolutely love the clubs

• Like 2

I wanted to use the heroes discount as well. But I still can not justify $1000 until I become a more serious golfer. For now I'll stick with my Mizuno JPX 900 Forged. I doubt the heroes discount is going anywhere, I'll check back in a year.

I wanted to use the heroes discount as well. But I still can not justify $1000 until I become a more serious golfer. For now I'll stick with my Mizuno JPX 900 Forged. I doubt the heroes discount is going anywhere, I'll check back in a year.

I didn't see a date but it's going to be a limited time offer

They were all the rage last year and we have several guys here who game them. They are controversial because of the price.

... Price does not bother me as there are plenty of very high priced golf clubs out there. But the absolute classless commercials Bob Parsons does is what makes them controversial for many. LOUD, obnoxious, arrogant and just seems like the kind of irons the a$$hats on the course that plays music waaaaaay too loud, drives their cart just off the path into the grass to save 2 steps at the tee or green, visits the cart girl on every trip grabbing multiple alcoholic drinks and generally representing everything one could dislike about some golfers. KABOOM BABY!!!!

... Ironically, Parsons has donated plenty of money to worthy causes and is offering this much appreciated Hero program and the clubs themselves seem to be very classy. I am not sure I have ever seen such a dichotomy between product and advertising. 

• Like 7

Well said chisag. Well said.

• Like 2

I’m gonna tell you what: these irons are legit. Destroyed my Ping i210s today from a consistency standpoint. My dispersion from front-to-back on mishits was reduced by NINE yards, and left to right by 7! No joke. I don’t care how far they flew, they were STRAIGHTER! Wow. I didn’t even try the Gen 2s. Ridiculous. So consistent. Same exact shaft too, PX LZ 6.5. Wow.

• Like 3