TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG Irons

Brian5468

I was paired up with a guy using PXG Irons the other day.  I had never heard of them before and he absolutely loved them.  Seem to be on the expensive side.  Any of you guys swinging PXGs?  What kind of feedback can you give?

Seems like I've heard a little something about them.  :D

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I know there are several guys on here gaming them. They are fantastic clubs. Everyone I've talked to loves them. The expense in mostly because of the quality. If you are a serious golfer with some serious extra cash, these might be for you.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I'm tempted to jump in the pxg heroes discount to get them in the bag. Absolutely love them

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I would love to go spend a few holes with these irons. My Club Champion fitting had these as #1 for me, but I couldn't justify $3200 on irons. The fitter did say that the build quality on them is horrible, that if I get them, have them built by someone I trust in order to get them right. I thought, why spend $3200 and THEN have to pay to re-build them?! Seems silly.

I would love to have these in-hand for a bit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm tempted to jump in the pxg heroes discount to get them in the bag. Absolutely love them

I pulled the trigger on the heroes discount. The customer service is out of this world. Did the online fitting, received the clubs and they were completely off I thought I had a decent grasp of my specs, not exactly. Called them up, they sent me to a master fitter and got me squared away. They overnighted the set back from Hawaii and are going to install new shafts for no charge.

As an aside, they dropped the price further from the original offer. You can get a set 4-PEbfor $980. I paid 1300. They couldn't issue a cash refund so instead are sending me the hybrid to make up the difference. They also have included all the gen 1 woods and putters. You won't see it on the website but if you do buy it asks if you want anything else to complete your set and you call for specifics. Drivers in the $300 range, hybrid in the $200, etc.

I will say, I haven't received the new setup yet, but for that price, they are absolutely a no brainer. Just quality all around. Hit the hybrid with the fitter and it blows my H2 away.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I would love to go spend a few holes with these irons. My Club Champion fitting had these as #1 for me, but I couldn't justify $3200 on irons. The fitter did say that the build quality on them is horrible, that if I get them, have them built by someone I trust in order to get them right. I thought, why spend $3200 and THEN have to pay to re-build them?! Seems silly.

I would love to have these in-hand for a bit!!!

I would love to demo these as well.  $3200 price tag is ridiculous. 

I would love to demo these as well. $3200 price tag is ridiculous.

Their price point is definitely high but it's all relative. I wouldn't pay full ask, b/c I really can't afford it. Same for super high end cars, watches, etc. They are very specific and unapologetic about where they sit in the market. Do the clubs perform, definitely, are they worth that price, it depends. Are the better than everything out there, probably not.

Serious golfers with lots of $$$ is their market. The only reason I am bagging them is b/c of the military program.

searched for existing threads. didnt see any. care to elaborate? :huh:

They were all the rage last year and we have several guys here who game them. They are controversial because of the price.

Be patient the people who game them will weigh in. I can tell you that they love them.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I pulled the trigger on the heroes discount. The customer service is out of this world. Did the online fitting, received the clubs and they were completely off I thought I had a decent grasp of my specs, not exactly. Called them up, they sent me to a master fitter and got me squared away. They overnighted the set back from Hawaii and are going to install new shafts for no charge.

As an aside, they dropped the price further from the original offer. You can get a set 4-PEbfor $980. I paid 1300. They couldn't issue a cash refund so instead are sending me the hybrid to make up the difference. They also have included all the gen 1 woods and putters. You won't see it on the website but if you do buy it asks if you want anything else to complete your set and you call for specifics. Drivers in the $300 range, hybrid in the $200, etc.

I will say, I haven't received the new setup yet, but for that price, they are absolutely a no brainer. Just quality all around. Hit the hybrid with the fitter and it blows my H2 away.

They have great customer service and my local fitter has an account. The $980 price is what I saw and is what has me pondering, but I have similar style club in the p790s and have ping release on the radar. I've akready tested the pxg last year and know exactly what I would go with.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

searched for existing threads.  didnt see any.  care to elaborate?   :huh:

Here's a Blog Piece that was done on the latest release from the home page.

https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-pxg-0311-gen-2-irons/

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I play the 0311t's. Got them for a hookup from a good friend that's a dealer before the heroes discount existed. I rebuilt mine myself to spec and they're honestly a club and a half longer than the p770's I was playing before. Bent to the same specs, same shafts, same lengths, same swingweights everything. I absolutely love the clubs

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I wanted to use the heroes discount as well. But I still can not justify $1000 until I become a more serious golfer. For now I'll stick with my Mizuno JPX 900 Forged. I doubt the heroes discount is going anywhere, I'll check back in a year.

Rich

Irons: Mizuno MPH-4 (4-PW)

Driver: Ping G400 LST

Wedges: Cleveland 52, 56, 62

Putter: Rife

Orlando, FL

I wanted to use the heroes discount as well. But I still can not justify $1000 until I become a more serious golfer. For now I'll stick with my Mizuno JPX 900 Forged. I doubt the heroes discount is going anywhere, I'll check back in a year.

I didn't see a date but it's going to be a limited time offer

They were all the rage last year and we have several guys here who game them. They are controversial because of the price.

... Price does not bother me as there are plenty of very high priced golf clubs out there. But the absolute classless commercials Bob Parsons does is what makes them controversial for many. LOUD, obnoxious, arrogant and just seems like the kind of irons the a$$hats on the course that plays music waaaaaay too loud, drives their cart just off the path into the grass to save 2 steps at the tee or green, visits the cart girl on every trip grabbing multiple alcoholic drinks and generally representing everything one could dislike about some golfers. KABOOM BABY!!!!

... Ironically, Parsons has donated plenty of money to worthy causes and is offering this much appreciated Hero program and the clubs themselves seem to be very classy. I am not sure I have ever seen such a dichotomy between product and advertising. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Double up, Shanks, dead nuts, Chisag.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 6 months later...

I’m gonna tell you what: these irons are legit. Destroyed my Ping i210s today from a consistency standpoint. My dispersion from front-to-back on mishits was reduced by NINE yards, and left to right by 7! No joke. I don’t care how far they flew, they were STRAIGHTER! Wow. I didn’t even try the Gen 2s. Ridiculous. So consistent. Same exact shaft too, PX LZ 6.5. Wow.

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’m gonna tell you what: these irons are legit. Destroyed my Ping i210s today from a consistency standpoint. My dispersion from front-to-back on mishits was reduced by NINE yards, and left to right by 7! No joke. I don’t care how far they flew, they were STRAIGHTER! Wow. I didn’t even try the Gen 2s. Ridiculous. So consistent. Same exact shaft too, PX LZ 6.5. Wow.

You only tried the Gen1?  Why not the 2s?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You only tried the Gen1?  Why not the 2s?  

Why try an iron that I’ll NEVER be able to afford? $155-$180 a club vs $400!!!!

Just found out that the PXG rep for Louisiana will be at the CC in-town this week, so I’m going to go back and confirm the fitting for the irons. I’m not really convinced that I’m 2* flat. We’ll see.

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

Just found out that the PXG rep for Louisiana will be at the CC in-town this week, so I’m going to go back and confirm the fitting for the irons. I’m not really convinced that I’m 2* flat. We’ll see.

2* flat?!? I could be mistaken but haven't you said you are 6' 5"? There is NO way you could be 2 flat! 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

2* flat?!? I could be mistaken but haven't you said you are 6' 5"? There is NO way you could be 2 flat! 

Lie isn’t dictated by height, it’s dictated by the swing.... But, it does seem odd, and that’s why I’m re-doing the fitting.

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Lie isn’t dictated by height, it’s dictated by the swing. Now, there is a reason behind the fitter going flatter, and that was to help takeaway my “hook” miss. So, with that in-mind, it does make some sense. I don’t have an upright swing, either, but who knows. We’ll see what this guy comes-up with. I do want to mitigate my miss.

No, height isn't the only factor in determining lie, but it does play some role. 

I see where your fitter is coming from, I'd just be concerned that it would turn into a bad slice. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

What’s your typical ball flight? Draw or fade? What’s your typical miss?

what makes you think you don’t need to be 2* flat?

No, height isn't the only factor in determining lie, but it does play some role. 
I see where your fitter is coming from, I'd just be concerned that it would turn into a bad slice. 

That won’t happen. I come from the inside pretty good. Almost too much...

What’s your typical ball flight? Draw or fade? What’s your typical miss?
what makes you think you don’t need to be 2* flat?

Well, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-11 fittings tells me this....

Archived