TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG Irons

Brian5468

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

That won’t happen. I come from the inside pretty good. Almost too much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This could be why the fitter recommend 2 flat to avoid a the big hook/pull.

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

Well, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-11 fittings tells me this....

I’ve had roughly that many and I’m anywhere from no adjustment (won’t say stabdard because there isn’t one for lie angle) to 2 flat depending on brand (again hard to say really 2 flat because no stabdard). I’ve been fit in both black and red dot in ping.

How does the standard lie of PXG compare to the standard lie for your current set? What’s your current lie angle in your set?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I’ve had roughly that many and I’m anywhere from no adjustment (won’t say stabdard because there isn’t one for lie angle) to 2 flat depending on brand (again hard to say really 2 flat because no stabdard). I’ve been fit in both black and red dot in ping.
How does the standard lie of PXG compare to the standard lie for your current set? What’s your current lie angle in your set?

It’s only a 1/2*. I’ve been 2* up, to std, depending on lie angles. He said I could go 1* flat, but to start at 2 and then bend them if need be. I definitely agree with why he’s doing it, to keep away from my big miss, and I hit the balls well, but I’ll still confirm it Wednesday.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 2 weeks later...

Most wanted iron testing has started so I grabbed a seven iron. Looking forward to further testing., the clubs have great balance and feel. Didn’t get any numbers since the gc quad was off.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Most wanted iron testing has started so I grabbed a seven iron. Looking forward to further testing., the clubs have great balance and feel. Didn’t get any numbers since the gc quad was off.

Looking forward to your findings!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Looking forward to your findings!!!

I should start testing irons next week; I think I have a couple more putter sessions.   Looks like PXG sent multiple shaft options so I should be able to find a shaft that works for me.  They were the Gen2s so they would be an expensive buy as you indicated.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The Heroes discount is significant.  A $500.00 putter is 150 for vets.  The price of the irons is very competitive with other OEM's with the discount. Nice thing Bob Parsons does for us.

Titleist TS 3 with Fuji Ventus R shaft

Epic Flash 3 & 5 woods

Cally Big Berta 2019 4 hybrid

Cally Apex 2019 5-PW

Cally 48*

Honma TW4 56*

Titleist Volker Raw wedge 60*

Scotty Cameron X5 putter

Today was my first day of game improvement iron testing and PW was the iron.   The PXG XF was in the mix and the results were not the best for me.  Pretty sure the shaft was the Modus Pro which generally works for me and was in one of the irons that outperformed the PXGs.

Looking at the average numbers the ball speed was a bit slower than the others,  spin was mid range,  and carry /totoal distance were right in line with the others.   That was averages and the PXG had the widest deviation across all shots.  

Generally I would describe it as clunking when compared to the others in today's testing,  holding out hope that performance of the players type club will be better for me.  Will probably be a few more sessions before I get to the 5 and 7 irons.  

Archived