TESTERS WANTED! ×

Your Preferred Golf Ball?

fixyurdivot

My honest answer is "the ones I find on the course".  The collection in my bag is truly diverse.  My only restrictions are no high-vis yellow, orange, etc.  When I find those, I give them away or leave for the next guy. Reading some of the other threads on the forum, it seems many are really into playing a certain ball or perhaps a couple.  I've been playing this game for over 50 years and quite frankly I've never really noticed a difference in performance between various balls - and I'm talking the top brand names and model.

By and large I have a mix of Titleist , Bridgestone, Srixon, TaylorMade, and Callaway.  I just pick one out of the cache and play - giving no thought to its particular performance/ characteristic.  Am I unique in this regard?  

What is your preferred ball or balls and why?  Do you favor certain ones for certain conditions?  Is there really that big a difference between the $19.99 and $39.99/dozen?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I currently game the TP5 or the Chrome soft. I would like to play with the Oncore Elixr but they are too hard to get here. My mind could be changed by the AVX that I have played once and loved till we parted ways in the trees...

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I'm sorta like you, and usually game a mixture of balls. I'm going to try and change that and dedicate myself to playing one brand. I had a great round with the Vice Pro last night, so this may be the beginning of that dedication.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I game the Top Flite D2+ Feel. Cheap 2 piece ball that for whatever reason works really well for me. I've tried them all and keep going back to 2 piece balls because I score better with them. They were a Father's Day gift and played them to keep the kids happy and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I think it's a huge mistake for a serious golfer to not play the same ball in season.

Doesn't really matter which one - pick one, any one as long as it's the same. There are subtle differences between each brand even if the models are similar.

It eliminates the variables.

The difference between a premium and non premium is functional spin around the greens. You will not be able to play the same shots with a Pinnacle as with a Tp5.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My Summer ball is the Srixon Q Star Tour.........nice action around the green and good distance off the tee. Besides they were $20/dozen.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm sorta like you, and usually game a mixture of balls. I'm going to try and change that and dedicate myself to playing one brand. I had a great round with the Vice Pro last night, so this may be the beginning of that dedication.

Do you feel the great play was significantly influenced by that ball?  This is what I really struggle with; I can play a great round with an Top Flite or a lousy round with a ProV1 and vice-versa.  

I think it's a huge mistake for a serious golfer to not play the same ball in season.

Doesn't really matter which one me - pick one, any one as long as it's the same. There are subtle differences between each brand even if the models are similar.

It eliminates the variables.

The difference between a premium and non premium is functional spin around the greens. You will not be able to play the same shots with a Pinnacle as with a Tp5.

Perhaps it's simply more that my game is not at a level where things like spin on the green is a factor.  My approach shots tend to bounce once and stop; usually just behind and to the right side of the divot.  I was told years ago that Pinnacle balls were death for persimmon woods... old wise tale?

I have tried different balls, I keep going back to the Tour BXS.

Best ball for my wedge play, and feels great off the putter.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Do you feel the great play was significantly influenced by that ball? This is what I really struggle with; I can play a great round with an Top Flite or a lousy round with a ProV1 and vice-versa?

Not saying the ball made me play well, but I didn't really have any complaints with it. However, it was my first round using that particular model, so only time will tell how much I end up liking it.

I prefer to play the same model ball every round to eliminate of if the many variables associated with playing golf. If I switchbtabds it's for a ball that is quite similar in performance/design.

Only time I change the type of ball is in cooler temps when I switch to a lower compression ball

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Ive been enjoying the TP5x recently. But have tried Vice Pro, maxfli softfli, and volvik all this year. I really like the matte finish of the maxfli and volvik but I have been playing better with the tp5x. I could just be coincidence or maybe I just feel more confident with the tp5x. Who knows, go with what works for you.

Callaway Rouge SZ 9 Driver

Rogue 3 wood - Aldila Synergy 

Rogue SZ 5 wood- Project X Even Flow Blue

Sub 70 699 U 22*

Taylor Made M4 5-AW - KBS Max 

Ping Glide 4.0 Wedges 54* and 58*

Sub 70 005 Wide Blade putter

I played around with different balls all spring. I just cant pull myself away from Prov1s. The feel and spin around the greens work for me. I will try the new Snells as i loved last years minus the feel around the green which i hear is improved.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I've always been a Titleist guy.  Have used the Pro V1 since it was introduced, but our Pro is trying to get me to change to Srixon.  Srixons are OK but I really didn't like them in the wind.  I've toyed with the Titleist AVX but have been playing poorly, so I felt it wasn't a fair tryout.  Took a couple of days off from playing, went to the range and worked on some things my Pro wants me to correct in my swing.  (eliminate lateral movement and have "knuckles down" and impact.)

So I played today with the AVX and hit it great!!  It is consistently 5-10 yards longer than anything I've been playing and there is plenty of spin around the greens ( not quite like the Pro V1 but very good)     

Now the question!!??  Was it the ball today or have the lessons and things I've been working on finally started to positively impact my game??  By the way, shot 74  (par 70), after a long string of rounds in the 80's

Jim

I also will quite literally play with anything, but prefer the Bridgestone Tour B RX (or B330 RX).  I was fit to this ball with barbajo at Bridgestone in GA.  Lately I have been playing the Vice Pro +, and LOVE IT, especially at the price point.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I have evolved from my early beginnings last year and have been learning what balls are worth buying and playing.

I have been mostly playing Callaway SuperSofts but think it might be time to move on. I do like the concept of playing one ball and eliminating a variable. I got about 2 more cases to get through before I can justify a buying something new... or do I try out a set of Titleist DT Solos I got a while ago and never used?

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

Chrome soft Truvis, although I am liking the Snell reds.

I don't like the price of the new chrome softs, but I like the ball. I want to try the Vice balls, but there still 35 a dozen so it's not that different.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Like I've said many times before here in the forum; I play several balls off and on. I have two requirements. The ball must be white and have a urethane cover. The ones I typically rotate are Titleist PV, Snell MTB, MG Tour C4, Ksig, and Chrome Soft. Like the gentleman that started this topic - I can successfully play and score well with any of these balls. I recall many years ago doing through the exercise of testing several balls around the greens and evaluating the characteristics of each. My thinking at the time was that I might be able to find a ball that gives me slight edge or advantage and therefore carding lower scores. It didn't work out that way really. I found all of the top balls I tested performed pretty much equally well. I'm not a high spin* player with my wedges.

I also most definitely recall after buying new wedges how all of these balls performed. This may sound counter intuitive to most but I actually prefer my wedges to be worn a bit and here's why. I like to play chips and pitches lower to the ground and run-out. When my wedges were brand new I remember getting aggravated at times as a shot landed on the green and bit hard. Little run-out/release and it would cost me. Didn't matter which ball I was playing. They each did the same thing. My new wedges at the time were aggressively gripping the cover and creating too much spin for my liking. A lot of the guys I regularly play with thought it was impressive how I was able to stop the ball. But not to me. I was having to adjust and relearn my normal technique to allow for the added spin my wedges produced.

Lately I've been playing the Ksig and consistently carding some of my lowest rounds this season. (2-3 over). My wedges are three years old and perform great from all distances. Is it the ball, the wedges, or the player?

I'll eliminate the ball. They're all good and perform equally well IMO.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Perhaps it's simply more that my game is not at a level where things like spin on the green is a factor. My approach shots tend to bounce once and stop; usually just behind and to the right side of the divot. I was told years ago that Pinnacle balls were death for persimmon woods... old wise tale?

Spin around the green is not about full iron shots into the greens. That's a different matter that tends to be dependent upon the conditions of the courses that you play. Premium balls are generally designed to increase launch and carry on mid irons not spin.

BTW I played pinnacles with a persimmon driver and never had an issue - and I was long back then (relatively speaking).

With all due respect the ball you play matters although there are lots of good choices. At this point opinions that say other wise need to produce real data because it's pretty much a closed question. Premium balls spin better from 100 yards in and far better around the green thereby providing a range of shots not available with other balls. It's an established fact. So non data based opinions about the golf ball in a forum that anyone might read provide poor advice for other golfers. That's why I'm writing this reply.

Of course you can shoot a better score with a topflite than a Pro VI if you don't hit the ball well when you're playing the Pro VI. The question is which ball gives you the best chance to shoot the lowest possible score as you stand on the first tee.

If it's not the Pro VI or more likely some derivative there of that saves you money - it's time to take a lesson, go to the practice area and work on the short game.

Just do yourselves all a favor - pick a quality ball of some type and play it exclusively the rest of the season. It gives you the rarest of all things in golf - a constant - heck while you're at it pick a brand of tees and the same glove too. Those are all things that you can control. Why create variables that you don't need to have there?

Do your ball testing in the late fall after the season is over and then audition your favorites for next season's gamer in the Spring.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm a Snell guy. I was chosen a few years ago to test the MTB when it first came to market and stuck with it because I like the feel and the spin on the green.

I have migrated to the MTB Red because yellow, but hitting it side by side with the original MTB, I'll be going to the MTB Black when I run out of the yellows. I can't see me changing from Snell any time in the future.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Like I've said many times before here in the forum; I play several balls off and on. I have two requirements. The ball must be white and have a urethane cover. The ones I typically rotate are Titleist PV, Snell MTB, MG Tour C4, Ksig, and Chrome Soft. Like the gentleman that started this topic - I can successfully play and score well with any of these balls. I recall many years ago doing through the exercise of testing several balls around the greens and evaluating the characteristics of each. My thinking at the time was that I might be able to find a ball that gives me slight edge or advantage and therefore carding lower scores. It didn't work out that way really. I found all of the top balls I tested performed pretty much equally well. I'm not a high spin* player with my wedges.

I also most definitely recall after buying new wedges how all of these balls performed. This may sound counter intuitive to most but I actually prefer my wedges to be worn a bit and here's why. I like to play chips and pitches lower to the ground and run-out. When my wedges were brand new I remember getting aggravated at times as a shot landed on the green and bit hard. Little run-out/release and it would cost me. Didn't matter which ball I was playing. They each did the same thing. My new wedges at the time were aggressively gripping the cover and creating too much spin for my liking. A lot of the guys I regularly play with thought it was impressive how I was able to stop the ball. But not to me. I was having to adjust and relearn my normal technique to allow for the added spin my wedges produced.

Lately I've been playing the Ksig and consistently carding some of my lowest rounds this season. (2-3 over). My wedges are three years old and perform great from all distances. Is it the ball, the wedges, or the player?

I'll eliminate the ball. They're all good and perform equally well IMO.

You've included a couple of balls I've never heard of or even found; MG and Snell. I've just recently seen the Kirkland brand and hearing folks say they like them.  Some probably are wondering "jeez, where has this fixyurdivot guy been lately - does he live in Montana or something?"  :lol:  

You've included a couple of balls I've never heard of or even found; MG and Snell. I've just recently seen the Kirkland brand and hearing folks say they like them.  Some probably are wondering "jeez, where has this fixyurdivot guy been lately - does he live in Montana or something?"  :lol:  

I recommend you try both of these. I think you'll be quite impressed.

https://www.mggolf.com/golf-balls/#C4

https://www.snellgolf.com/collections/all

The longer you stick around here the more you'll learn and find out.  :)

Have a great 4th!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I recently bought a trial pack from both ViceGolf and Cutgolf.  I tested the Vice balls and on the 3 and 4 piece balls couldn't tell the difference between them and a ProV1.  Great results.  I am still working my way through the Cut Golf trial pack, so the results are still pending,  I started with their Surlyn 2 piece and found that it is pretty long off the tee, but I will probably be happier with the results of the urethane 3 and 4 piece balls that are essentially knock offs of the ProV1(x) for half the price.

I also have a buddy who continues to play Snell yellow 2-piece balls and swears by them and won't play anything else.

I've played the MGGolf C4 ball, which is advertised as a ProV1 3-piece knock off, and I found that the durability on that ball was lacking.  I'd play it for 9 holes and I'd need to toss it as the cover was pretty much shot.

Obviously the only reason really to want to play Vice Golf or Cut Golf balls is the price.  If you can purchase a dozen balls for half the price of a Titleist or other national name brand, then why would you if the performance is the same or comparable?

My golf ball situation honestly is complicated at the moment, as once I complete testing the Cut Golf balls, I have about 8 dozen Srixon balls in my house.  I found a deal for $20 a dozen on their Z-Star ball, which is essentially just like a ProV1.  I also have 4 dozen Q-Star that I purchased late last year on a sale that I have yet to even open up.

So I guess to sum it up, my golf ball selections are based on price and value.  But ultimately when I am done with this madness I'll self evaluate and see if something really stands out to me that warrants being faithful to one brand.  With that in mind, I was playing lights out with the Vice Golf test pack, and then I played Srixon Z-Star in a tournament and played like crap.  So if I keep playing like crap with Srixon I won't be able to go through 8 dozen of their balls fast enough to get back to the ball I was playing lights out with.  Unfortunately if it really was that easy to blame the ball, we'd all be on the PGA Tour.

All of this said, I do find Bubba Watson's year of trial and tribulation, playing the Volvik ball telling.  He sucked so bad with that ball, and then switched back to Titleist and all of a sudden he's back at playing his best?  That's more than coincidence if you ask me.  But perhaps maybe something mental for Bubba.  But in my lifetime I've never seen a pro be so dramatically affected by what particular golf ball they were playing.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I stick with the $20.00/dz and under balls that are considered decent. This year my goal was to play a variety to figure out which will be my regular gamer. So I have a mix of K-Sig 3 and 4 piece, OnCore Avant and Caliber, Cut, Snell, Srixon SoftFeel and the Top Flite The Bomb. The Snell Get Sum is a really nice budget ball.

By the time I use up my current stock it'll be 2019 and I'll probably choose one brand to stick with at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Still love the Pro V1 and Tour B the most. But recently I've been impressed with the Srixon Q-star and at $22 a dozen that's a great price compared to the others.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Love the TM TP5, but much of that is due to the piercing flight of the ball bc I hit everything quite high.

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

You've included a couple of balls I've never heard of or even found; MG and Snell. I've just recently seen the Kirkland brand and hearing folks say they like them. Some probably are wondering "jeez, where has this fixyurdivot guy been lately - does he live in Montana or something?" :lol:

No, if we're honest we've all been there and done that.

@Plaid this is why you should chip with 8 or 9 iron - spin is no longer a factor. If I need spin it's the 52 or more- no spin - 8 iron.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Speaking of Golf balls, I commented on Vice Golf's Facebook post a while back. Basically saying that the marketing is a fib, they are not cheaper than others unless you buy 5 dozen to get the discounted price, they replied with something that I hadn't thought about. They asked about sharing the cost, so you buy the 5 dozen and split the cost with a friend so you both get 2.5 or 2 and 3. That's a great option, so sometime this season I will get their trial pack, and if I like them, I could see doing the split cost with a friend or family member.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Speaking of Golf balls, I commented on Vice Golf's Facebook post a while back. Basically saying that the marketing is a fib, they are not cheaper than others unless you buy 5 dozen to get the discounted price, they replied with something that I hadn't thought about. They asked about sharing the cost, so you buy the 5 dozen and split the cost with a friend so you both get 2.5 or 2 and 3. That's a great option, so sometime this season I will get their trial pack, and if I like them, I could see doing the split cost with a friend or family member.

That's the only thing that really bugs me, but I'll probably end up doing the same thing in a couple months. Hopefully I can talk my buddy into chipping in half the cost.

Archived