Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Beer Brewing

No3PuttLaLa

Does anyone in here Home Brew beer? I am in the process of starting, long term goal of opening up my own brewery.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I gave it a shot many years ago and that's it. Mine wasn't any good. I've tasted a few home brews that were sorta OK I guess. But I learned brewing beer at home was not my thing.

Starting a brewery wouldn't be anything I'd have advice on that's for sure. I've often wondered if all those 1000's of craft beers I see in stores are really money makers. Lot's of them sure seem to come and go.

Beats me.

Good luck with it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've dabbled in the idea many of times. The kids actually got me a pretty cool kit for Xmas that is still sitting in the same place. Honestly I just need to find the time to embark on that journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been home brewing for over 10 years now. In fact, I just did my first "big" batch 2 weeks ago. I usually brew 6 1/2 gallons but did a double of my usual beer (Dr Smurto's Golden Ale) at 13 gallons. I racked then to secondary on Monday afternoon and will be bottling on Sunday morning, about 120 bottles.

I would recommend investing in the Beersmith program if you're going to get serious about it as they have 10,000's of recipes and you can create your own or change one you're brewing to suit your taste.

Here's a couple of pics of my gear.

This is my Blichmann burner with leg extensions and boilermaker G2 20 gallon kettle. The burner is so much more efficient than a turkey burner. I got about 2.5 brews out of a propane tank using a turkey burner but can get close to 7 using the Blichmann.

brew gear.jpg

This is the rest of my gear in my brew corner of the basement. Bottle tree, floor capper, carboys, buckets, gadgets, grain mill etc.

brew gear 2.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Are you pre first batch or several batches in?

Pre first batch. Once we move into our house I am buying a home brew kit and starting. I have a brewery down the street that has told me to bring in my brews for tastings and they'll help me out. He home brewed competitively for 15 years. If they end up liking something they'll put it as guest tap of the month.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

I have a friend that has been brewing his own beer for a several years and they are quite good. He is supposed to open his own brewery TODAY. Although it may not happen until this weekend.

He bought the old Ice House and renovated it. In addition to making it there, he will have about 30 beers on tap.

He is a surgeon so this ain't his day job, and has hired someone to run the place.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I have a friend that has been brewing his own beer for a several years and they are quite good. He is supposed to open his own brewery TODAY. Although it may not happen until this weekend.

He bought the old Ice House and renovated it. In addition to making it there, he will have about 30 beers on tap.

He is a surgeon so this ain't his day job, and has hired someone to run the place.

That's awesome! Wish him luck for me!

That's what I plan on doing is starting small while working my regular job. And hopefully get to a point to run the business. Luckily I'm in a great part of the country for a small brewery. We will see how it all goes!

I would really recommend getting one of the home brew bibles. I worked off of “How to brew” by John Palmer. He went to my alma mater so I may be a bit biased. There is so much info in one of these books than you can't infer from the super basic recipe guidelines that come with a kit.

He also assumes you don't want to read the whole thing before your first brew so one of the first chapters is a knock out your first brew cliff notes. Then he gets into more detail later.

The best advice I ever got was to clean and sanitize twice more after you think it is clean enough. It is amazing how a tiny amount of bacteria can turn an award winner into a down-the-drainer.

If you can assist a friend or hunt down a home brew club in the area, you can get on the express lane to optimizing your equipment setup. I think this hobby can get worse than golf. It can take some time to knock out a batch, so gadgets that save time are a huge help. Getting slapped when your curiosity leads you to touch something you shouldn't is also a great way to learn!

Happy brewing!

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

That's awesome! Wish him luck for me!

That's what I plan on doing is starting small while working my regular job. And hopefully get to a point to run the business. Luckily I'm in a great part of the country for a small brewery. We will see how it all goes!

If he gets it open this week, I will give it a try and report back. He told my wife he was making an IPA he knew I would like. I say this week because I normally don't drink during the week but since I'm not working.....

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I used to homebrew a lot but our current house really doesn't have a cool dark place for me to ferment. I liked doing it a lot and make some really neat concoctions. Most memorably a chocolate stout and a firecracker beer.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I'd love to brew beer for a living, but I'm going to end up serving it instead...I'll be buying a bar at some stage as part of my "retirement" in Florida.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Homebrewing is like golf, when its good, you feel such a great sense of pride. However if you're first batch doesnt turn out like you planned, dont be discouraged, it happens.

Kits are great but take a kit and make it your own. For our wedding favors, we brewed 3 beers that we took basic kits and added to it. So far the reviews have been positive. If you have any question, dont hesitate to ask. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Not any more, but have won many awards for my brews, started a homebrew club that still exists today and have had recipes published in home brewing books. Now its easier just to grab a nice 4-pack of high gravity stuff at the local beer store.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Archived