TESTERS WANTED! ×

Old Works

Yes, it is true, we do play golf here in Montana.  We just relocated here in 2016 and I've finally played all the course within our immediate area - which in Montana means a 2 hour drive.  :lol:   My new playing partner (our UPS driver) and I just played "Old Works" in Anaconda, MT a couple of times.  This is a Jack Nicklaus course and has been (may still be?) on the top 100 courses. 

It is set within the old Anaconda Mining Company property and has some of the old mechanized equipment, hillside stabilization, etc. around for aesthetics and period feel.  The sand traps are jet black and sparkle like diamonds - very different.  The course is very well maintained, quite challenging, and in fantastic playing condition.  We really like the course and, with the special discount prices for MT residents, plan to play it a few more times.  

If you have plans to visit southwest MT, I can highly recommend this course.  And, if you need a playing partner, shoot me a PM.

https://oldworks.org/

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Sounds like my kind of course. Old equipment laying around ---- my kind of place!!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I played the three hole course there but didn't have enough time to play the full 18. Even that is a great loop! But the 18 hole course is way better. Wish I could have played the big course. The black slag bunkers are pretty cool. We'll have to hook up when I make it back there!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I have a friend that lives in Big Fork. He keeps asking me to come visit and play golf. I see Old Works is south about 200 miles. Google shows it as a +3 hr. drive. Ouch!

The course looks really nice and I'd like to play it. Maybe one day.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 2 months later...

I played the Old Works in 2017. It is one of the finest and most visually striking courses that I have ever played.  The bunkers are jet black and often 7 feet deep and there are a lot of them.  It is a great experience if you get the chance to play there...BTW the people that run the golf course are fantastic.  Very helpful and very friendly.

M2 Driver Fujikura Regular Flex

Mizuno 921 Tour Irons-- Titleist Wedges

A new Sik Armlock putter

Archived