Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Glow in the dark Tournaments

Reesedw

Has anyone else ever played in one? 

Played in 1 several years ago on a 9 hole course, played "front 9" in daylight had a burger and then played " back 9" in the dark. It was fun but a little scary also.. You would here FORE Alot.. and just duck 

Anyone else?? 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

We host three or four a year. They are very popular. Just had one two weeks ago

IMG_2433.JPG

https://instagram.com/p/BkFnspDgbkT/

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

You're going to say, "Plaid you're just a grumpy old fart." ...maybe so. And just so you'll know, I'm not a complete hypocrite; as I've played in a few of these many years ago. (in my younger days) And yes, I had fun. But....

They are terrible for a golf course IMO. The club I belong to stages a couple/few of these each year usually on a Friday night. But here's the problem. "People"/golfers damage the course and especially the greens! Carts are driven right up next to the greens, divots-pitch marks go unrepaired, and once I recall some drunk wrecked a cart into a tree!!  I know this because I usually play the next morning after and the greens are all beat up. Grrrr!!! Divots aren't repaired because you can't see them at time.

The last time our club had one of these things a few weeks ago it was setup as a par three night tournament on a Wednesday night. And get this - they also advertised for a divot repair party the next evening with free hamburgers!!! LOL So... I went to repair the greens and only 6 people showed up. I guess I was one of their chumps. No more! Our club owners are idiots. They get 10% of members to play in these so called tournaments and then want the remaining 90% of members to come fix their damage. Is the money they presumably make worth it? Certainly wouldn't be to me.

In case you couldn't tell; I'm not a fan of night golf drunk fests.  :D

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I am not sure if I would enjoy that. It seems like an excuse to tear up the course and get drunk. Maybe just for the novelty but you have all day with 12 hours of daylight to play.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

We have a 'glowball' event generally around Labor Day - since it's darker earlier. This is a 4 hole event with cart travel that is limited to the path. Basically a hit and giggle game. We did it a couple of times but haven't done so in the past 2 years. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

They are certainly not a serious type of "outing". Yea, they are pretty much for getting drunk and hitting golf balls around.

I do agree that they aren't good for the course. I only play in the one because my buddies like it... for obvious reasons, but I could do with out it, and wish they would stop having them. 

Some folks at work use to put those together every year and I always intended to try it but just never did.  They sure had great stories about the event - though much of it was not about golf.  :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

The one we played in used glow sticks to mark the cart from the green line as well as the center line of the fairway.. It was fun and kinda cool. 

The course put it on for 2-3 years the attendance dropped each year to the point that it wasn't worth it so they quit.. I wish i could find one just to see if it was really as fun as I remember.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I tried one several years ago.  I seem to have the bottom of my swing 2 inches below normal in the dark.  After 2 holes and sore hands, I quit and rode in the cart; had a few beers... and no I didn't have any before we started playing!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I tried one several years ago. I seem to have the bottom of my swing 2 inches below normal in the dark. After 2 holes and sore hands, I quit and rode in the cart; had a few beers... and no I didn't have any before we started playing!!

I do a drill where I swing with my eyes closed so it becomes more muscle memory. I think this helps me eliminate the varible of light or poor eyesight.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

We have one every year, couple glow ball tourney.  It's usually in late Sept and advertised as a couples event, but it's just for fun, no prizes.

Personally I think it's an absolute blast, it's also the one time a year I can get my wife to come golfing and she has fun.  We just play 9 holes but it still takes well over 2 hrs.  Nobody cares though because it's just a fun night to hang out.

Are there a few divots and ball marks to repair the next day?  For sure, but probably not as a bad as a 144 person scramble tourney during the day.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Ex bro inlaw and I won one years ago. Its the only time Ive playee in one. Lots of fun but took a couple holes to figure it out.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Archived