TESTERS WANTED! ×

Favorite time of the year to golf

Big money

I like playing in the spring albeit in Minnesota that is May or June. Mainly because there aren't any bugs yet, the course is in its best shape all year and after the first day of everyone being out; the courses aren't too busy.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Early spring when courses first open.And mid to late fall season.Its a perfect time working on the game with very little player traffic.Just so peaceful with less emphasis on mid season scoring golf.And more emphasis on enjoying the great game with no worry about what you shoot. Will even occasionally play multiple balls off each hole trying shots I would normally never try. Also a great time to learn swing changes on the course

Keep it in the short stuff

Here in the Willzmette Vslley of Orsee gon. I will take May or September. Not too hot. Shorts weather. Course a little a little softer. Change of seasons in the air.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Our shoulder seasons are great - November, December or April-May.

Perfect weather, courses dry out, the rough is down and it's less crowded.

We get a cold week or two sometime in the January to March window - cold and rainy if Kenny comes. The summer can be brutally hot although it's not too bad if there's cloud cover and it doesn't rain. But the courses play very long and the rough is brutal.

So shoulder season it is and most especially from late October to early December.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Late September through Mid-ish November is when you want to play every day.  Right now, it's ridiculously hot, so even though you have primo daylight to burn, and can play almost to 9:00 pm, when the hot and humid conditions have you sweating before you even tee off, most of the time you say screw it.  Either that or play really early in the morning, which still has you leaving the course soaking wet.

Late September and October are the best here, mostly for two reasons.  A)  the weather FINALLY drops below 90 degrees, and B ) it's football season.  Whenever FSU has a home game, that's the time to be on the golf course, as I'll have the whole place to myself, while everyone else is at the game.   :D

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Our shoulder seasons are great - November, December or April-May.

Perfect weather, courses dry out, the rough is down and it's less crowded.

We get a cold week or two sometime in the January to March window - cold and rainy if Kenny comes. The summer can be brutally hot although it's not too bad if there's cloud cover and it doesn't rain. But the courses play very long and the rough is brutal.

So shoulder season it is and most especially from late October to early December.

November December for me for the exact same reasons you stated. I enjoy my vintage walking rounds with 7 clubs or so. April and May are a no no seems to me most of the folks that vacation in Florida for the winter make a pit stop here on the way back North---- 5 and 6 hr rounds are the norm here in April and May. If we have a bad winter like we did last year some of the snowbirds will extend their stay for 2 or 3 weeks too

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

September for me. Weather is still nice and the 'trunk slammers' also known as weekend tourists are gone. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Fall when the temps have gone down into the 60s/70s. I love summer for the sun going down late as it makes it easier to get rounds in after work, but I always face the hottest part of the day then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Any time it's warm.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Around here It's September - October through November. Some years even till about mid-December. Of course the weather is nicest then. Cooler is the big ticket item with light-variable winds/breezes. The courses recover nicely for all reasons including much less traffic.

I usually only work a 3-4 day schedule during these months and play as much golf as I can handle.

We play year-round here with only sporadic days here and there where weather interferes. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Unless we get a bad winter like 2016-2017, we play all year.  There really is no bad time to play; just different playing conditions.  

In the winter the fairways are very firm and you get lots of roll, but the greens are also very firm and you gets lots of roll.  LOL!  Temps are usually mild; like 30-45*.  

Spring is usually quite windy with some rain, but it doesn't usually rain all day.  A good wind game is a must have in the bag.  We do get a lot of golfers from the north and the wet side of the state when they can't play at home.

Summers are hot, but dry.  As long as you stay hydrated, it's a lot of fun; courses are in great shape.  

Fall is very pleasant with cool nights and warm sunny days; not as much wind either.  It's probably my most favorite time of the year... until the leaves fall and you can't find your ball.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My favorite time of year to golf is 8am- 8pm. Well, the daylight part.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Dead of winter... in Yuma, AZ.  :)  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Fall. The spring in the pollen is just overwhelming and I'm not allergic, the summers are just too damn hot and thank God our winters our really only end of December to early February.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

While I was in Virginia I played in November or December one year, that was nice. Cool, and not so crowded.

Here in Michigan it's late August, September, and October.

So fall.

All the bugs are gone, not so hot, all the tourists are gone, greens fees are cheaper, and the courses are in the best shape.

Spring is usually quite windy with some rain, but it doesn't usually rain all day.  A good wind game is a must have in the bag.  We do get a lot of golfers from the north and the wet side of the state when they can't play at home.

I see you are located in the Columbia Basin.  Having fished many lakes there, I can attest to the "quite windy" part. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Gotta be late September through November, here in Missouri. The only downside is all of the leaves, which sometimes makes it difficult to find your ball. Other than that, it's perfect.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Definitely the fall.  For no real reason other than I sweat like a ***** in church all other seasons.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I'll play all but the coldest parts of the year, that being said I've played in 40 degree weather with gusting winds too so... let's just go with spring time being my favorite. I'm in central Texas where it goes anywhere from single digit winters to triple digit summers so mild springs with a nice breeze are a premium around here unless you're a snowman or a horny toad.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Being in Scotland with its temperate climate, you can't beat walking the course in shorts and a tee shirt, which usually happens for about 2 weeks in the year in the Summer. This year in Scotland is an exception we have had very little rain for the last 8 weeks. When I take my vacation it is always to sunnier climates like Spain, Crete, Malta and the clubs go to. One thing I don't like in the drier weather is not having receptive greens at the moment you have to drop the ball short and run it on. 

Saying that I usually score better in Spring and Autumn when the courses still have some run and you can fire the ball at the pin.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

January through December. barring flash floods, wildfire, hurricanes or blizzards.. I'm just saying.. I'm a golf spy..  :D

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Any time. Longer days in the summer for afternoon rounds, but it can be hot. Fall and winter are much more comfortable, but you need to get out early. I do like the “wraparound season” concept.

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Sept - Oct, March - April mostly cause the courses are empty around here and the temps are perfect.

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Archived