TESTERS WANTED! ×

Push Cart Mafia - What are you rolling with?

33 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I'm ll about the organization, and am not too hung up on the weight of what I got. I'm simply starting to look for the best cart to haul it around on and one that will survive.

If you go with a CaddyTek, I'd get the 4-wheel one in your case. The bag sits more upright on these and it'll be easier for you to get your clubs out, since you are rocking a 14-way divider. My buddy has the 4-wheel CaddyTek and has a Hoofer14. While it's not quite as large as your bag, he has no issues. I should try to lay his bag on my 3-wheel CaddyTek to see if I can get clubs out of the "bottom" dividers. I feel like it would give me issues clearing the handle.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

53 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I'm ll about the organization, and am not too hung up on the weight of what I got. I'm simply starting to look for the best cart to haul it around on and one that will survive.

Said it before in here, but I'm pretty happy with my Bag Boy Quad XL. This is a 4-wheel type with good features and sturdy construction.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I've read everyone's responses here, and it looks like the Clicgear 3.5 and the Caddy TeK are the two I'll start looking at. I have no plans on getting a different bag at this time, so anyone else using a big cart bag like my PING DLX? Seems the consensus here for bags like mine leans toward the 3.5...

I had a clicgear 3.5, bit of a faff to put up and down and its quite big/wide. Kept pulling left all the time. A point to note is it doesnt cope with carry bags well, a cart bag no problem as its a big trolley.

I got rid of mine after 4 weeks and bought a cheap (quarter the price of the clicgear 3.5)  simple push trolley from a golf shop, easy to put up and down, holds a carry bag firmly and can push with 1 finger- never pulls left or right either👏

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

If you go with a CaddyTek, I'd get the 4-wheel one in your case. The bag sits more upright on these and it'll be easier for you to get your clubs out, since you are rocking a 14-way divider. My buddy has the 4-wheel CaddyTek and has a Hoofer14. While it's not quite as large as your bag, he has no issues. I should try to lay his bag on my 3-wheel CaddyTek to see if I can get clubs out of the "bottom" dividers. I feel like it would give me issues clearing the handle.

Ooo, these are some things a newbe to push carts wouldn't have even thought about-good call!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

• SPY VIP

FWIW, I'm going on year 4, maybe 5 with my Clicker 3.5+

Just washed and tightened it up today. Longevity on this cart is no joke, and should anything break, the Clicgear site has a bunch of spare parts.

I've used it without issue with my Hoofer, Hoofer 14, Nike Hybrid, Ping Pioneer, MGS Vessel cart bag. Just need to adjust the straps and it will fit just about anything. Adding the 40oz hydroflask does cause a bit of twisting. I've actually thought about adding some stick on rubber pads to the bag holders to kill off all twisting.

Love that cart, and I literally had a dozen different cart models in my garage at one point. It's my hands down favorite.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

No love for the Sun Mountain Speed carts. It is a great simple cart. It doesn’t fold small but it fit in my civic easily. Now it is in the #golfmobile , My 01 4 door blazer. Everything fits in there.
It is a great cart, reliable, sturdy, well designed and crafted. No lose.

On 1/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

I had a clicgear 3.5, bit of a faff to put up and down and its quite big/wide. Kept pulling left all the time. A point to note is it doesnt cope with carry bags well, a cart bag no problem as its a big trolley.

I got rid of mine after 4 weeks and bought a cheap (quarter the price of the clicgear 3.5)  simple push trolley from a golf shop, easy to put up and down, holds a carry bag firmly and can push with 1 finger- never pulls left or right either👏

Definitely don't want to deal with any "faff"..!😏 It may be that I simply go to one of our local stores and just play with some-Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

The only issue I have consistently with the Caddytek is folding it back down, it doesn't click into place every time. I think the clicgear folds up way smaller too, which would be a bonus for me since I have a relatively small trunk.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 1/14/2019 at 9:03 PM, GolfSpy Dave said:

FWIW, I'm going on year 4, maybe 5 with my Clicker 3.5+

Just washed and tightened it up today. Longevity on this cart is no joke, and should anything break, the Clicgear site has a bunch of spare parts.

I've used it without issue with my Hoofer, Hoofer 14, Nike Hybrid, Ping Pioneer, MGS Vessel cart bag. Just need to adjust the straps and it will fit just about anything. Adding the 40oz hydroflask does cause a bit of twisting. I've actually thought about adding some stick on rubber pads to the bag holders to kill off all twisting.

Love that cart, and I literally had a dozen different cart models in my garage at one point. It's my hands down favorite.

Now that you say this, I'm thinking back and believe I'm coming up on 5 years with mine already. Can confirm this thing is durable. At least 90% of my rounds are walking and I've used it on all different types of courses. This past year I've been mixing in more running during my rounds (to meet SWMBO deadlines) and have found it to be a worthy cart for quick and speedy maneuvers. 

It's taken a few spills and still keeps rolling with no issues. My version of washing it off includes playing in the rain. This past summer I replaced 2 straps (one for the base and one for the scorecard). Other than that, there's been zero issues with the cart. By far the most reliable part of my game 😂

Suffice it to say, the Cliqgear has paid for itself in cart fees and "exercise."

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

• 4 months later...

Feel free to mock me for asking this but is anyone using the optional seat with their clicgear?  I have no issues gaming the Launcher HB irons but don't know if I can be that guy that uses the seat.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

13 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Feel free to mock me for asking this but is anyone using the optional seat with their clicgear?  I have no issues gaming the Launcher HB irons but don't know if I can be that guy that uses the seat.

I'd looked at it - yes, I admit it - as during the Summer there can be looooong wait times between shots and between holes.......

Decided that I didn't want the extra weight, though.

But it is a good idea for "those" days!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

my only issue with the clicgear 3.5+ was it's size and putting it up and down, then its size in the trunk of the car.

Eventually I sold it (for more than I paid so it holds its value) and bought a slimmer, lighter American Golf cheapo push cart which does exactly what I need on the course.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Strange decision, pull is far harder than push, and more awkward.

Here it is.. Pic also shows the "tour attachment" to make the bag more upright. 3545.jpg

1 hour ago, bullldog said:

Here it is.. Pic also shows the "tour attachment" to make the bag more upright.

Nice setup!

Micturition excluded, I've always said - why stand when you can sit? I say this a lot during men's club tourneys.

post-68431-0-84648300-1498075734_thumb.jpg

My padded seat doubles as another storage container. Pic also shows the "Pukka tour attachment" to make it... faster.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Here it is.. Pic also shows the "tour attachment" to make the bag more upright. 3545.jpg.99147a1f740aa635ca4c10bf0ba12ee9.jpg

Looks good! How do you like the Frogger towel?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Still rolling with my ClicGear 3.5....but I've been considering a Bat Caddy as a few folks at my local course have them and they look amazing. As close as I'll get to a consistent caddy. Definitely pondering....but will probably wait until the new year to decide...especially with starting a new business up.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

IMG_0421.JPG

Big Max for me and yes this old broken down coot is walking as much as possible! Staying fit at all cost is my goal. Hooah!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've been trying to walk more when golfing for better exercise. Here is my push cart of choce:

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart, Dark Grey

I got it on Amazon for like $125 i believe. I highly regard it. Folds down pretty small for storage and to get into your vehicle. As a good amount of features. Not sure what it is missing that i would need.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I'm currently pushing around the ole Bag boy push cart.  I had to screw in a block of wood bc my bag was shorter than where the strap locations were.  I will post pics later..

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

I'm on the 3.5 as well, been serving for years and still going strong.

But I'm looking for alternatives that are lighter and maybe smaller footprint. Any suggestions?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Here it is.. Pic also shows the "tour attachment" to make the bag more upright. 3545.jpg.99147a1f740aa635ca4c10bf0ba12ee9.jpg
That's a beauty! I love that extra attachment. Gotta find it for me!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

9 hours ago, Pstmstr said:

Just got an MGI Navigator electric with seat. Best of both worlds. IMG_1864.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm really jealous.  I've been kicking around the idea of an electric trolley.  Basically narrowed down to a Motocaddy S5 or an MGI X5 or adding the Alphard Golf e-wheels to my regular push cart. 

2 hours ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

or adding the Alphard Golf e-wheels to my regular push cart

There's a good review of the e-wheels somewhere in these forums. Seems like a good compromise in terms of co$t, weight, etc. Plus if you don't like it you can always convert back!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg