GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED (Again....again): Tour Edge Exotics CBX Fairway Wood

RainGolfer, Portland, OR

Ping G 3 wood, Alta 65 Soft Regular 14.5 Degrees

Ping G 5 wood, Alta 65 Soft Regular 17.5 Degrees

Ben s out of Illinois USA

I carry a 14.5 set ping g 3 wood with either the ping tour 80 x or the axivcore red tour 80x.

I'm still looking for the ideal shaft. I can't afford to buy anything at the moment or in the foreseeable future. The Oban devotion 7 in 05 flex seems perfect I had the 04 flex in my tour edge cb2 3 wood that I had for 10 years worked wonderful until I got stronger and developed a tendency to snap hook it.

Lenny

Neptune Beach Florida

M-80

16 degree senior flex....19 degree senior flex......24 degree senior flex

(Tour Edge irons)

Name & state:

Chris - CALIFORNIA

Current fairway wood:

Cobra Fly-Z+ with Fujikura Speeder X-flex shaft, 15.5* loft

-Jackson- Georgia (USA)

-Great Big Bertha with a Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Graphite (only club in the bag I want fit for)

-15* of loft

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks again MGS for another fine offering, but I'll sit this one out. Good luck to all and for those chosen to test, enjoy the ride! Looking forward to all the future reviews!

Brian, Vancouver, B.C.

Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Beta 3-wood, Graphite Design AD, senior flex

TaylorMade Rocketballz RBZ Stage 2 Rescue 3H, stock shaft, senior flex

TaylorMade Rocketballz RBZ Stage 2 Rescue 4H, stock shaft, senior flex

3-wood = 15 degrees

3H = 19 degrees

4H = 22 degrees

Thanks MGS + Tour Edge for this great opportunity :D

- Tom / Bixby, Oklahoma

- TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood with Diamana Red + stiff shaft

- 15*

Chris - VA/USA

- Titleist 917 F2 Aldila Rogue & Diamana Blue Board - stiff 

- 13.5* & 19*

I've heard some great things about these.  I need to fill that gap in between with a 15* anyway.  I'd love to put these thru the paces! 

Paul/Louisiana

Callaway XR/Diamana D+ 82X

Exotics EX-9/Xphlexxx Agera C

Callaway:15*, Exotics: 13.5*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tim - Boston, MA

Rocketbalz 3W Matrix Ozik reg. shaft 15 degree

Tour Exotics - XCG3 - Fujikura MotoreF3 - 18 Degree

In the market for some new clubs, been happy with the Tour Exotics I have.

Michael, NJ, USA

Tour issue Taylormade R7 15.8 degree fairway wood, Nunchuk

Tour issue Taylormade R7 titanium fairway 18 degrees, Nunchuk

I would love to try the new Tour Edge CBX with a Nunchuk, if given the opportunity.

In the 17 degree range.

Wow those are definitely some stout claims.. with a club like this I could just throw out my driver completely :D . Will be interesting to see if the claims hold true. 

- Stu, Chandler, AZ

- Cobra Amp 4 wood/Garafalloy PL Blue/S (16.5*)

- Callaway Apex CF16 3 iron/Aldila RIP/S (bent to 17* (otherwise known as a UDI))

I'm currently in that limbo zone.. I've been playing a Cobra Amp 4 wood for the past 2 years. I've found that it might get used about once every 5 rounds. Not because I don't like it or can't hit it well.. I just don't have much of a need for it. Off the tee the thing balloons too much so it's useless there. I'm sure that the shaft could have something to do with that and It's just time for a change anyway. In the fairway, I rarely find myself with a 250+ yd approach and my 3h (19*) usually gets the job done on par 5's.. I just recently built a 17* driving iron that I'm hoping can get more use.. that said, I'm always open to a 3 wood that hits well off the tee and has some versatility on the field. Ultimately my use for this club would be as a driver alternative to give me a tad longer approach as I'm more consistent with my short irons than I am my wedges. 

Thanks as always MGS for the opportunity!

- Lance, TExas

- Taylormade RBZ Tour

- 13 degree stiff, 18 degree stiff 

- Ashley - Arizona

- TaylorMade RBZ2 with rocketfuel shaft 3 wood

- 15 degrees.

Scott, Athens, Georgia

Two 3w:

Titleist 910 15 degree at 16.5 degree with Diamana 'ahina 82 gram low-mid stiff

TEE XCG6 13' diamana 80 gram stiff

This definitely a hole in my game right now. I need some 3w length and the ability to get the ball up higher off the deck than I have been able to do. I know I need a replacement of my Titleist and use the TEE mostly as a mini driver when my Driver is acting up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    David Wolk

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Remember thank funky, wavy Slip StreamTM sole Tour Edge added to the Exotics Fairway wood last year? Well, it's back and, according to Tour Edge, it's the "New Wave of Speed." 

Here's the "official" stuff: 

Exotics CB Pro FT - The New Wave of Speed
      Redesigned Slip StreamTM sole returns with more curvaceous power in the F2 fairway wood.

Batavia, IL (May 14, 2015) – Tour Edge Exotics today announced the release of the much anticipated second generation CB PRO fairway wood, the CB PRO F2. The F2 looks noticeably different with a smaller, matte black club head, and a redesigned Slip StreamTM sole to increase ball speed. The new F2 fairway wood, limited edition, brings the best technologies of golf together in one unique, sublime package.

The inaugural CB PRO fairway wood released in the fall of 2013 created waves throughout the industry with its' unique sole design and superior pairings. Awarded the product ingenuity: market leader award by the International Network of Golf of 2014, the original CB PRO continued the Exotics tradition of legendary fairway woods.

“The Slip Stream sole is the design I am most proud of, so far,” said David Glod, president and founder. “The foundation of Exotics is to bring the best technology in the industry to players worldwide and that is my goal with each new product introduction. The CB PRO family of clubs is our premium line and the new F2 fairway wood only adds to that reputation.”

The sole DNA of the F2 has been completely remodeled to maximize the player's club head speed. The new patented Slip StreamTM soles waves are reduced in length to further minimize turf contact regardless of the attack angle and position of the head at impact. Bold, new heel and toe cavities provide less turf interaction, ideal weighting, and improved workability. The F2 is exceptionally fast and smooth through the turf from any lie.

The CB PRO F2 features a 159cc club head, slightly smaller than the original for a Tour preferred size and shape. The refined size has allowed engineers to adjust the center of gravity closer to the face increasing ball speed. Discerning players will appreciate the perfect balance of technology and tradition.

The F2 fairway wood's premium beta titanium cup face is five percent lighter than the previous model due to a more extreme variable face thickness design. Removing the weight from the face and redistributing it in the heavier hyper-steel body produces peak ball speed and distance in a fairway wood. The Exotic's tradition of combo brazing the beta-titanium cupped face with the hyper steel body means that every single gram of excess weight is eliminated from the face and shifted to the sole for a lower center of gravity position in the compact head. 

The unsurpassed technology found in the CB PRO F2 is being combined with the hottest shafts available; The Second Generation KURO KAGETM Silver Wood Series features the same Profile and High Density Prepreg as the original KURO KAGETM Silver shafts, but with the addition of TiNi wire in the tip section. The result is a series of shafts that will deliver the lower launch and lower spin of the original KURO KAGETM Silver profile, but with added stability and increased energy release through the impact zone, adding explosive power to the signature, KURO KAGETM Silver profile.

High Density Prepreg: with up to 15% more carbon fiber and much less resin (20% vs. 33%) than standard prepreg, there are fewer "gaps" and "voids" in the prepreg creating more consistent performance, increased stability and better feel with less harshness.

TiNi WireTiNi Wire: A super-premium, highly elastic fiber with a unique ability to stretch and then immediately spring back to its original shape. TiNi in the tip-section creates strength and stability at impact, for tighter shot dispersion and increased energy release through the impact.

The CB PRO family of products includes fairway woods (CB PRO F2), hybrid (CB PRO U), driving irons and irons (CB PROh), and a wedge series (CB PROs).

The CB PRO F2 arrives in a red velour lined decorative box, standard with an Iomic grip, and a soft luxurious leather head cover. Tour Edge's Exotics CB PRO F2 fairway woods are available right hand only, 13.5°, 14.5°, 15.5°, 16.5°, and 17.5°. Every Tour Edge club comes with a lifetime warranty. Suggested retail is $399.99, projected to be in stores June 1, 2015. 

I know we have some Tour Edge fans out there - is anyone gaming last year's model with the Slip StreamTM sole? What are your thoughts on the technology, and on what Tour Edge is doing with the  Exotics line? Underrated? Under appreciated? Does the Exotics line do enough to separate itself from the basic Tour Edge line?  Would you consider this one, or any of the other Exotics line?    Yer turn...  
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Has anyone ever gamed a set of Tour Edge Irons?  The Exotics series of drivers, FW's and hybrids seem legit, but you don't hear much about the irons.  

The Bazooka/Hot Launch series seem to be very affordable GI irons, and I've seen the Exotics CB's in stores (very nice looking, have never hit them though)

Anyone with any experience with any of the Tour Edge irons?  Are they in the discussion?

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!