Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

XXIO Drivers

What do you mean by modified? Shaft change ,weight??????

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Ive seen it done with negative effect to performance. Someone I know put an aftermarket shaft it in playing at 43 or 43.5

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

That is what I would like to know as their story is that everything is perfectly balanced from the grip to the head. I have one of their drivers and it is 46" which is too long for me (I play 44") and I am not a fan of their grips. I called XXIO and was told they do not recommend making any changes. My next question was....can I order a custom driver at 44" and the answer was no.

Going to take my driver to my clubbuilder on Tuesday and see what happens. I am going to cut it down and change the grip anyway. I know the swingweight will change but I am not much of a swingweight guy anyway...if I like the way it feels I don't care what the number is.

Thanks,

Chuck

• 1 year later...

XXIO MATES ALL 3 components together for a specific club. Drivers have a different weight grip than the 3 wood.I had to order a specific grip for mine to keep the specs the same.I  tried a GD di in my 3 wood and it was okay but definitely a backward move in performance.They boast very light components engineered together for performance.VG if your ss is less than 90 mph.

• 6 months later...

I just bought a XXIO Prime 9. I haven't been able to use it yet as all of the courses in Minnesota have been closed due to Covid 19. I usually use a senior shaft and was worried when the club came in RS or Regular flex but not senior flex. When it arrived, all worries along those lines went away. Their regular flex shaft whips way more than any senior shaft that I have. I can't wait to try it. I may have to venture across the border to Iowa or South Dakota to try it as their courses are open (and there are no restrictions as yet  for traveling between our states as far as I know).

• 2 months later...