Gg Owen

Who on here ever copied a pros putting or short game

I would hesitate to try too hard to copy a pros technique or stroke. My reason for that is that these guys have the absolute best equipment, coaches, and data analysts who are working on every single little technical detail of their swing and what results this will produce when they are out on the course. So really I feel like they may be after a certain result that might not be best for the game of us mere mortals on the course. 

However, I will also say that if you have found something that helps make you more consistent around the greens that can literally never hurt. For example, I recently discovered that if I set up with just a few degrees of forward shaft lean when putting it starts the ball rolling faster and has drastically improved my distance control. I guess what I'm getting at is for a high handicapper like myself I should focus more on just making good consistent contact every time before I start to emulate the swing of guys who will always be miles better than me. 

I would hesitate to try too hard to copy a pros technique or stroke. My reason for that is that these guys have the absolute best equipment, coaches, and data analysts who are working on every single little technical detail of their swing and what results this will produce when they are out on the course. So really I feel like they may be after a certain result that might not be best for the game of us mere mortals on the course.

However, I will also say that if you have found something that helps make you more consistent around the greens that can literally never hurt. For example, I recently discovered that if I set up with just a few degrees of forward shaft lean when putting it starts the ball rolling faster and has drastically improved my distance control. I guess what I'm getting at is for a high handicapper like myself I should focus more on just making good consistent contact every time before I start to emulate the swing of guys who will always be miles better than me.

I feel like the point of trying to emulate some else's game who is better than you is so you can improve. If you have a terrible slice; trying to copy Kevin Kisner who plays a draw might be a good idea. In theory if you copy Kisner's motion you will hit a draw.

I think the problem with trying to copy someone's game is the inability to do it perfectly. If you can do it exactly the same then you should get similar results. The problem is we don't have the natural talent to emulate it 100% accurately.

• Like 1