TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Scottish Open

perseveringgolfer

Heres the line up (so far) for the Scottish Open at Gullane this week. Pretty decent field for our wee tournament prior to the BIG one next week.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018058/teetimes/index.html

Unfortunately Henrik Stenson has withdrawn due to elbow problems.

Personally I think the Hoff has a good chance and the game to win this (traditionally meaning he wont win the Open next week)

We have had a heatwave here for the last 3 weeks. Its set to cool to around 70* this week but staying dry and a breeze so bodes well for anyone really who's on form.

https://youtu.be/5WUvyahRDcE

Course details if you want a hole by hole and scorecard etchttps://www.gullanegolfclub.co.uk/course_no.1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I love watching this tournament on Saturday and Sunday mornings every year, to get ready for The Open the following week.   I'm hoping conditions remain firm fast for this.   i have no idea how that would affect Carnoustie, I think that course presents enough challenges on it's own.  Really looking forward to this Open probably more than any since the 2015 on at St. Andrews when Jordan was going for the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I love watching this tournament on Saturday and Sunday mornings every year, to get ready for The Open the following week. I'm hoping conditions remain firm fast for this. i have no idea how that would affect Carnoustie, I think that course presents enough challenges on it's own. Really looking forward to this Open probably more than any since the 2015 on at St. Andrews when Jordan was going for the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam.

This is my favorite time of year for golf. Loving watching early morning European tour

I fancy Rickie (won the last time at Gullane) with Russell Knox a good bet with his good form.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I fancy Rickie (won the last time at Gullane) with Russell Knox a good bet with his good form.

Those two putts Knox made on 18 and the playoff hole..."My Goodness!"    

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

lets keep the chat to golf ;) ;)

Seriously though I would love to see Rickie win the Open this year.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

I love watching this tournament on Saturday and Sunday mornings every year, to get ready for The Open the following week.   I'm hoping conditions remain firm fast for this.   i have no idea how that would affect Carnoustie, I think that course presents enough challenges on it's own.  Really looking forward to this Open probably more than any since the 2015 on at St. Andrews when Jordan was going for the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam.

forecast is dry and its like concrete just now with no rain for nearly 4 weeks. It means some hazards that were out of reach come into play, plus theres potential run off into the many burns (streams) on the course especially 17 and 18  :o

Don't forget the Kiwi, Ryan Fox loves this time of year and has hit great form.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

apparently the fairways are like a 10 on the stimp just now for the Scottish Open and Open next week. No rain forecast...yet..and no wind Gad dang it!

Rickie Fowler -7 after just 12 holes................... :D

Dang, sorry I didn't see this. The last 3 weeks plus next week are favorites. French Open, Irish Open, Scottish Open... then The Open.

I really wish there was a EuropeanTour live app. I'd ditch the pga tour app in a second. I'm sick of watching golf played on Parkland courses all year.

That's why I'm glad the last few US Opens have been on a Hearhland/Links style. Even Oakmont was cool, that's like a perfect mixture.

I'm taking Nacho Elvira -11

Dang, sorry I didn't see this. The last 3 weeks plus next week are favorites. French Open, Irish Open, Scottish Open... then The Open.

I really wish there was a EuropeanTour live app. I'd ditch the pga tour app in a second. I'm sick of watching golf played on Parkland courses all year.

That's why I'm glad the last few US Opens have been on a Hearhland/Links style. Even Oakmont was cool, that's like a perfect mixture.

I'm taking Nacho Elvira -11

not only that but the Seniors Open is at St Andrews Old course the week after the Open......what a Golf fest we have this month

Just heard them say the greens are running at 9 - 10ish, I like seeing the longer putting strokes.

Think these guys like slower or faster greens in general?

They are used to playing faster greens but if they run true it probably doesn't matter to them.

I really like watching golf in the U.K. It is nice to see the origin and see that some courses really stand the test of time.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

They are used to playing faster greens but if they run true it probably doesn't matter to them.

I really like watching golf in the U.K. It is nice to see the origin and see that some courses really stand the test of time.

Me too. I don't like the manufactured set ups. Love me some links golf. Wish I lived in Europe just to play golf there, good weather. Then somewhere else in the winter.

*besides the Masters of course.

I will take Fox now going into the final round. I would rather be in the clubhouse right now. Fox has been playing great golf lately.

I played Gullane 2 and 3 a couple weeks ago, and I'd guess they were running about the same, maybe 9.  The thing is, the fairways run 8 or 9 too.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I played Gullane 2 and 3 a couple weeks ago, and I'd guess they were running about the same, maybe 9. The thing is, the fairways run 8 or 9 too.

That would really mess with my head. I would always expect the greens to be faster.

Lately our FW's are -1 and greens at like super glue speed. Even downhill putts are like climbing Mt Everest.

Does that mean they bounce 4 yards back when they hit the ground?🤔 Yes, my course was like that until a week ago and now it is absolutely baked. There is no middle ground at my course.

Does that mean they bounce 4 yards back when they hit the ground? Yes, my course was like that until a week ago and now it is absolutely baked. There is no middle ground at my course.

They plug, or back up. Rarely roll forward, I am beginning to dislike this course. It is impossible to putt because you have to hammer everything.

I could get all sorts of 300 yard drives with “open” fairways.

Ok, so not all hole do that. There are a few with OB gravitational pull. I hit good tee shots to just watch them dart OB. That's why my last round sucked so bad, I lost 4 really good tee shots from a bad kick OB.

That was an incredible round by Stone. I thought he made the putt for 59. Great win though. It was a lot of fun to watch golf in its purest form.

That was an incredible round by Stone. I thought he made the putt for 59. Great win though. It was a lot of fun to watch golf in its purest form.

I can't believe how fast those fairways were. They need to turn off the irrigation over here a little more often.

Most home course as a kid used to get baked out during the summer, I remember liking the extra roll.

What is it with American golfers wanting these lush green golf courses? I get flier lies in the middle of the fairway they are so long.

I can't believe how fast those fairways were. They need to turn off the irrigation over here a little more often.

Most home course as a kid used to get baked out during the summer, I remember liking the extra roll.

What is it with American golfers wanting these lush green golf courses? I get flier lies in the middle of the fairway they are so long.

I know, I would love to see some extra roll. While the green is pretty to look at, it makes the golf a little more complicated.

I am so excited to see the Open. I hope it doesn't rain. I would like to see them have to think about hazards 430 off the tee. It will probably still play incredibly difficult (if the wind blows) so it would silence the roll back the ball crowd for a while. It would show that the best courses can withstand time and advancements in technology.

I know, I would love to see some extra roll. While the green is pretty to look at, it makes the golf a little more complicated.

I am so excited to see the Open. I hope it doesn't rain. I would like to see them have to think about hazards 430 off the tee. It will probably still play incredibly difficult (if the wind blows) so it would silence the roll back the ball crowd for a while. It would show that the best courses can withstand time and advancements in technology.

I hear you there. No one cares if the pros hit it 400 yards. They are paid to be good.

I want to see a 500+ yard drive though.

Archived