Sign in to follow this  
perseveringgolfer

The Scottish Open

I played Gullane 2 and 3 a couple weeks ago, and I'd guess they were running about the same, maybe 9. The thing is, the fairways run 8 or 9 too.

That would really mess with my head. I would always expect the greens to be faster.
  • Like 1

That would really mess with my head. I would always expect the greens to be faster.

Lately our FW's are -1 and greens at like super glue speed. Even downhill putts are like climbing Mt Everest.

• Like 1

Lately our FW's are -1 and greens at like super glue speed. Even downhill putts are like climbing Mt Everest.

Does that mean they bounce 4 yards back when they hit the ground?🤔 Yes, my course was like that until a week ago and now it is absolutely baked. There is no middle ground at my course.
  • Like 2

Does that mean they bounce 4 yards back when they hit the ground? Yes, my course was like that until a week ago and now it is absolutely baked. There is no middle ground at my course.

They plug, or back up. Rarely roll forward, I am beginning to dislike this course. It is impossible to putt because you have to hammer everything.

I could get all sorts of 300 yard drives with “open” fairways.

Ok, so not all hole do that. There are a few with OB gravitational pull. I hit good tee shots to just watch them dart OB. That's why my last round sucked so bad, I lost 4 really good tee shots from a bad kick OB.

• Like 2

That was an incredible round by Stone. I thought he made the putt for 59. Great win though. It was a lot of fun to watch golf in its purest form.

• Like 1

That was an incredible round by Stone. I thought he made the putt for 59. Great win though. It was a lot of fun to watch golf in its purest form.

I can't believe how fast those fairways were. They need to turn off the irrigation over here a little more often.

Most home course as a kid used to get baked out during the summer, I remember liking the extra roll.

What is it with American golfers wanting these lush green golf courses? I get flier lies in the middle of the fairway they are so long.

I can't believe how fast those fairways were. They need to turn off the irrigation over here a little more often.

Most home course as a kid used to get baked out during the summer, I remember liking the extra roll.

What is it with American golfers wanting these lush green golf courses? I get flier lies in the middle of the fairway they are so long.

I know, I would love to see some extra roll. While the green is pretty to look at, it makes the golf a little more complicated.

I am so excited to see the Open. I hope it doesn't rain. I would like to see them have to think about hazards 430 off the tee. It will probably still play incredibly difficult (if the wind blows) so it would silence the roll back the ball crowd for a while. It would show that the best courses can withstand time and advancements in technology.

• Like 1

I know, I would love to see some extra roll. While the green is pretty to look at, it makes the golf a little more complicated.

I am so excited to see the Open. I hope it doesn't rain. I would like to see them have to think about hazards 430 off the tee. It will probably still play incredibly difficult (if the wind blows) so it would silence the roll back the ball crowd for a while. It would show that the best courses can withstand time and advancements in technology.

I hear you there. No one cares if the pros hit it 400 yards. They are paid to be good.

I want to see a 500+ yard drive though.

• Like 1

Anyone else catch what kind of grass the rough was?

Something about fog.