Why do I always hear people trashing Bubba? The guy may be the most fun player to watch on tour next to Phil Mickelson. Yea sometimes he gets an attitude with fans, but who cares. Stop taking photos in his back swing!

• Like 3

I think he put a little extra pressure on himself this week, and it showed. He really really really wants to win at his hometown.

He knows that course like the back of his hand.

Bubba is probably my favorite player on tour, aside from Tiger. There are a ton of talented players on tour right now, but no one plays the game like him.

I love watching his shot tracer.

Definitely a misunderstood person, I've never met him but I can relate a lot. I like quiet when I golf, get a little ticked when I have a crap lie, and I yell at the mud balls too.

I hope he never retires, golf will lose some entertainment value, and an extremely talented player.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I think he put a little extra pressure on himself this week, and it showed. He really really really wants to win at his hometown.

He knows that course like the back of his hand.

Bubba is probably my favorite player on tour, aside from Tiger. There are a ton of talented players on tour right now, but no one plays the game like him.

I love watching his shot tracer.

Definitely a misunderstood person, I've never met him but I can relate a lot. I like quiet when I golf, get a little ticked when I have a crap lie, and I yell at the mud balls too.

I hope he never retires, golf will lose some entertainment value, and an extremely talented player.

I followed him at the Travelers and I have never seen a guy play like him. In a sport where tradition is everything it's nice to see a guy like Bubba.

• Like 3

I don't like him. But I can admit he's grown on me this year a little. He's better than pos Ian poulter

• Like 3

What isn't to like about this?

https://youtu.be/52gureKbF74

That?? I can do that. Just never when I want to, or when I need to.

Blake

• Like 3

That?? I can do that. Just never when I want to, or when I need to.

Blake

I used to not be able to predict what it was going to do. But I count on that big fade now, when every thing else sucks at least I can slice the crap out of one.

I used to not be able to predict what it was going to do. But I count on that big fade now, when every thing else sucks at least I can slice the crap out of one.

When I try to slice one I get steep and hit the ground 4 inches behind the ball. I can always hook 50 yards though.

Any lefty can hit a slice. It comes natural for us he just has control

Over it. And it's not his play that I don't like.

Any right handed player can slice as well.

I will say his “eliminating” a side of the course strategy is strange. Fade this driver and draw the irons/wedge as a stock. Leaving less room for the draw being on the left hand side of the fairway (for lefties)...

He has 2 Masters wins, and 12 total so it must work out well for him.

I like him - not just because he's a lefty but what he can do with the golf ball, plus what he does for his local community. No hate here. 

• Like 1

Bubba is a case study in introverted personalities in a public celebrity type profession. Love him or hate him, or just don't care, but Bubba cares; probably too much for his own good.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

First, as a lefty I automatically have to like him. It's a thing.

Secondly, I have always been drawn to players that are at the top of their professions, but are not the “conventional” player. It adds to the entertainment value and shows a different path to success

• Like 2

First, as a lefty I automatically have to like him. It's a thing.

Secondly, I have always been drawn to players that are at the top of their professions, but are not the “conventional” player. It adds to the entertainment value and shows a different path to success

No kidding. Different is good. There are a bunch of “stock” players out there on tour with seemingly zero imagination.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away....

• Like 1

He like all top players have their fans and detractors, but I've not really noticed any hate for him.  

One can admire a golfer's ability out on the course while also not being a fan of the way said golfer treats people around them, both on the course and off. 

• Like 1

Bubba is a case study in introverted personalities in a public celebrity type profession. Love him or hate him, or just don't care, but Bubba cares; probably too much for his own good.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I couldn't agree more.  His social awkwardness and anxiety are on full display for the world to see.  And most will never understand!

• Like 2

I read this article the other day, I especially agree with the “Ferrari with bicycle brakes” part.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/bubba-watsons-internal-struggles-are-proof-we-dont-really-understand-him/amp

The piece on 60 Minutes from around the same time period as this article is equally informative.  I wasn't going to go farther than my previous post but, what the hell.  We're all friends, right?  Warts and all!

Social anxiety is a real thing.  I've been dealing with it in one form or another my entire life.  I have tailored my adult life around rarely having to interact with others in any format other than a format similar to this forum.  I'm great behind a keyboard.  I can "speak" with my true intentions while having the ability to proofread before having others hear (read) my words.  For example, this post has taken me nearly 2 hours to send!  In a professional setting, I do 99% of my work through email and rarely ever in person or by phone.  I couldn't imagine having my profession play out in public and in the media for the world to see.

Having a 13 year old daughter with similar character traits has been enlightening for me as well.  She is my daughter through and through!  But we are each others greatest support because nobody else understands the way we feel.  It sounds much worse than it actually is, though.  I'm happy!  My family is happy!  It works for us!  I fully understand, it wouldn't work for most.  That's why Bubba is so polarizing.  Society can't understand why he doesn't just "conform" to what society deems "normal".  But to Bubba, he is normal!  

• Like 5