The piece on 60 Minutes from around the same time period as this article is equally informative.  I wasn't going to go farther than my previous post but, what the hell.  We're all friends, right?  Warts and all!

Social anxiety is a real thing.  I've been dealing with it in one form or another my entire life.  I have tailored my adult life around rarely having to interact with others in any format other than a format similar to this forum.  I'm great behind a keyboard.  I can "speak" with my true intentions while having the ability to proofread before having others hear (read) my words.  For example, this post has taken me nearly 2 hours to send!  In a professional setting, I do 99% of my work through email and rarely ever in person or by phone.  I couldn't imagine having my profession play out in public and in the media for the world to see.

Having a 13 year old daughter with similar character traits has been enlightening for me as well.  She is my daughter through and through!  But we are each others greatest support because nobody else understands the way we feel.  It sounds much worse than it actually is, though.  I'm happy!  My family is happy!  It works for us!  I fully understand, it wouldn't work for most.  That's why Bubba is so polarizing.  Society can't understand why he doesn't just "conform" to what society deems "normal".  But to Bubba, he is normal!  

I can relate! In business I had continuous contact with people - in person, on the phone, etc. I relished the ability to go a quiet place, be it in the car, on the plane, hotel room, etc. 

• Like 2

I can relate! In business I had continuous contact with people - in person, on the phone, etc. I relished the ability to go a quiet place, be it in the car, on the plane, hotel room, etc.

Same. I like you guys, but get me in a large crowd or public speaking and I'd rather stick a needle in my eye.

• Like 3

No doubt he is a very different golfer, has a great imagination for the game, I get that when these guys are on the course they need to be focused and some of them get so focused they can't engage anything else. I saw a piece on him where he explained the issues of focus about himself. Then I've been at the Wells Fargo championship on a Wednesday, you know practice rounds, and he was was such an A** to the fans, I just can't get over that. Never acknowledged the kids that he walked right past. Can't stsnd that. Especially when other guys like Rickie are spending 30-45 minutes talking with and signing stuff for all those same kids. There's guys who get it, and there's guys who don't. I think Bubba has made some really good strides the last couple years in regards to his attitude, he still has a long way to go, but it's difficult when every time I see him, what goes through my mind is him just walking away from all these kids.

No doubt he is a very different golfer, has a great imagination for the game, I get that when these guys are on the course they need to be focused and some of them get so focused they can't engage anything else. I saw a piece on him where he explained the issues of focus about himself. Then I've been at the Wells Fargo championship on a Wednesday, you know practice rounds, and he was was such an A** to the fans, I just can't get over that. Never acknowledged the kids that he walked right past. Can't stsnd that. Especially when other guys like Rickie are spending 30-45 minutes talking with and signing stuff for all those same kids. There's guys who get it, and there's guys who don't. I think Bubba has made some really good strides the last couple years in regards to his attitude, he still has a long way to go, but it's difficult when every time I see him, what goes through my mind is him just walking away from all these kids.

Interesting story about the kids- could be more related to internal stress. Some people are a bit more easy going than others like a Rickie. FYI he donated over 2 million to a local children's hospital so I guess he might like kids.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I love watching him play and I firmly believe that he's a good person with a good heart who means well. But make no mistake... he's a kook.

At first, i didn't take to him as i found him to be a one trick pony - like Daley. Just get up and swing like hell to get the distance not caring where it goes. Then when it came to his Masters win (I think it was the 17th when he faded it out of the rough and plunked it on the green), i shut my mouth after that and started opening my eyes and seeing the talent.  :o

Plus he did alot to the community after the big floods took out parts of GreenBrier and the surrounding areas.

• Like 1