TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Will the Next Titleist Woods Be Named?

jamo

With the 905, the 907, and the 909 series, Titleist was surely in an odd conundrum this year when they named the 910 series of woods, effectively deferring the issue until their next release. So what do you guys think they will do? Use the 911 name and make some sort of commemorative club with red white and blue (like the TM r7 Limited Patriot Day driver)? Will they go back to the skipping of a number and go to 912? Or will they just come up with a new naming or numbering system?

With the 905, the 907, and the 909 series, Titleist was surely in an odd conundrum this year when they named the 910 series of woods, effectively deferring the issue until their next release. So what do you guys think they will do? Use the 911 name and make some sort of commemorative club with red white and blue (like the TM r7 Limited Patriot Day driver)? Will they go back to the skipping of a number and go to 912? Or will they just come up with a new naming or numbering system?

I bet they come up with something else. What that would be, I haven't a clue, but I don't see them messing with the 911 thing.

Since they're releasing a whole line of drivers, FWs, and hybrids this year, in the 910 line, I doubt they will release anything in 2011. I think the next line will be 912.

The numbers haven't been coinciding with years though, have they?

The numbers haven't been coinciding with years though, have they?

I believe they have. I know there were some 906 fairways, but no drivers. I don't think there were any 908's. I would guess that putting this whole lot (driver, FW, hybrid) under the 910 banner is the way of ducking this issue.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Archived