TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018-2019 PGA Tour Schedule

Shankster

Does the PGA not pay attention to the weather?

Early June for Detroit and Minneapolis? Could be interesting.

Not to mention by moving the PGA Championship to May eliminates a lot of good courses - Whistling Straights for example. That would a tough one in May, especially after a bad winter.

Dropping a playoff event doesn't hurt my feelings any, but filling it with an off field event sounds like a bad move.

What do ya'll think?

Minnesota is gonna either be baked or flooded at that time of the year. It's probably gonna thunderstorm every single day.

Anyway, I like eliminating a playoff event. It puts more emphisis on the regular season. This way you can't have a terrible regular season sneak into the playoffs at 120 then win twice and say you had the best season. I personally like the more emphisis on the regular season. However, I do NOT think it should be replaced with an off field event. None of the big names will come and it just won't have the same atmosphere or hype the playoff events do. It will seem boring.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

The 2023 PGA in Rochester, NY will be fun! North face coats or spf 50.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Like almost any change there will be pluses and minuses. The hope is that the pluses far out weigh the minuses.

Long Island in May next year is a crap shoot for sure and Rochester even more so. But consider the long range possibilities of the new dates.

Texas and Florida, the second and third largest states in the Country are now in play for hosting a major. A PGA at Colonial? How about at Doral or at something around Orlando?

As for Whistling it was built to host a US Open. It got out of that loop because the PGA promised Herb Kohler a Ryder Cup if he went into the PGA rotation. It's been a nice combo but it's about to end. Now Whistling is established as a major venue and will fit nicely as a US Open host sometime down the line. The USGA will have little trouble setting it up to play more difficult.

Also returning the Players to March is a great move - the players won't like it but we will get to see the course play much closer to what was intended.

Overall I like the changes. I'm certain there will have to be some tweaks but it will be fun to arm chair quarterback those. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

@Shankster - yes I didn't mean to exclude our friends in AZ and New Mexico - Texas is already Southwest to me but the Phoenix area would be ripe for a Major. 

That would be too cool in fact.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived