Sign in to follow this  
Golfspy_CG2

Justin Rose Extends His Relationship With Lamkin Grips

Press Release from Lamkin Grips 

Justin Rose Lamkin Pic.jpg

JUSTIN ROSE EXPANDS ROLE AS LAMKIN GRIPS' EXCLUSIVE PGA TOUR SPOKESMAN & BRAND AMBASSADOR

SAN DIEGO, 11 July 2018– Lamkin Corporation – the original manufacturer of premium golf grips - is delighted to announce that 2013 U.S. Open Champion and reigning Olympic Golf Champion Justin Rose will continue his long-standing partnership with the brand. Rose has had an official agreement with Lamkin since 2014, however his relationship with the company goes back to a custom grip fitting at their U.K. office more than 15 years before.

Upon signing the new multi-year agreement with Lamkin, Rose reflected on the relationship, commenting, “I've used Lamkin grips for as long as I can remember and they've been a part of every success in my professional career. The company is steeped in tradition but still stays at the forefront of grip technology. It's that combination that makes me excited to extend our partnership and I look forward to many more successes together.”

Rose is currently using his favored Lamkin REL ACE grips. These grips benefit from a proprietary, super-tacky ACE 3GEN material which dampens vibration and combines with a unique keyhole pattern to maximize contact with the golfer's hands and provide an incredibly secure connection to the club. In addition to using Lamkin Grips on all his swinging clubs, Rose will provide valuable player testing, product development feedback and appear in future Lamkin Grips' videos and television commercials.

Bob Lamkin, CEO and President of Lamkin Grips, is thrilled to expand the company's partnership with Rose and looks forward to introducing a new Justin Rose signature grip line later this year. The new line, a variation of the brand's TS1 grip, will feature Lamkin's patent-pending GENESIS material and proprietary FINGERPRINT TECHNOLOGY.  â€œJustin has represented Lamkin with incredible poise and dignity both on and off the course for the last four years. He's an exceptionally gifted golfer and it has been our honor to share in his successes.”  Bob continued, “We're especially excited to unveil Justin's new grips in the second half of 2018. Without a doubt, these are the most innovative and performance-enhancing grips we've ever produced.”

Throughout the upcoming season and in 2019, Rose will be highlighted in various Lamkin advertising, promotional and social media campaigns as well as swinging the company's grips as he competes on golf's biggest stages.

More information: www.Lamkingrips.com Get social: @LamkinGrips.

ABOUT LAMKIN GRIPS

Lamkin Grips' golf heritage dates back to 1925 when founder Elver B. Lamkin began manufacturing golf's first leather grips. Today, the family-owned business delivers the industry's widest assortment of performance-enhancing golf grips that continue to earn loyal customers worldwide. Through their ongoing dedication to unequaled product quality and service support, Lamkin Grips is passionately committed to connecting golfers to a more confident, consistent and enjoyable game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Matt Bernardo

• By RWankles8
      RW's one word review - FIRM 
      Hopefully you like calluses!

I've been playing the Lamkin UTx Midsize Reminder for the last season or so, and wanted to see how the Golf Pride Z Grip Align's compare.  My biggest issue with the UTx is the loss of tackiness and grip texture mid round.  I've realized I must have extremely dirty hands because to keep them tacky, I have to clean the grips during my round.  I play in the south, so the necessity for a cord grip is a must.  Hence my gravitation to the Z Grip. Golf Pride hails the Z Grip as the firmest grip model with "heavy cord texture and moisture management."  And indeed it is firm.  I mean really firm, like don't hit one thin.  Ever.

Its also noticeably thinner than the UTx Midsize.  My 6 iron was gripped first with no additional wraps, and that's when I noticed the size difference.  Not to make the same mistake twice, my Fairway Metal was wrapped with 3 additional wraps of tape.  These additional wraps made the grip closest to the size of the UTx Midsize.

Reminder grips have been around forever, and in Golf Pride's eyes, what's old is new right?  I enjoy a reminder.  I've had grip issues forever, and they help me place my hands where they should be.  Does the Align tech help - Yes.  Is it any better than a standard reminder grip - No.  One downside to reminder grips is they really shouldn't be played with wedges in my opinion.  If you open the club face at all the "Align strip" gets all out of whack and really throws your "align"ment off.  (Currently waiting on the Lamkin Players Cord to come in)
      Final Thoughts
      The Golf Pride Z Cord Align is a great grip if you enjoy a firm feel and need to be "reminded" where your hands go.  I'll play these until the wear out, or want something new, but will not be purchasing again.  
      3 out of 5
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Chosen!
      These four forum members will be testing and reviewing the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro (104cc) putter grips:
      @chemclub @BigtazzGolf @JDHolmes @gchester33 Reviewing a set of Z Grip ALIGN grips:
      @LeftyHawk And reviewing the MCC Plus4 ALIGN grips:
      @romeopapazulu @knightsofnii Full announcement here

3-Testers Wanted
      Z Grip ALIGN
      Tour Velvet ALIGN
      MCC & MCC Plus 4 ALIGN
      Tour Velvet Plus 4  (rubber or cord)
      Golf Pride ® a division of power management company Eaton and an
      industry leader in grip innovation, today announced it will offer the brand’s Z-Grip ® with its
      popular ALIGN ® Technology in 2019.
      According to a recent survey, ALIGN Technology is now used by 74 TOUR players. This
      technology was first introduced in Golf Pride brand’s MCC ® and MCC Plus4 ® hybrid grips and is
      also available in a Tour Velvet® grip (all rubber) option. With the addition of a full cord grip to
      complement the existing options, Golf Pride will now offer ALIGN Technology in a full range of
      feel preferences.
      AND
      4-Testers Wanted
      Tour SNSR Contour Pro (104 or 140cc)

The Contour Pro putter grip offers the leading Tour-
      preferred, pistol-shape in two oversized models for unsurpassed feel and feedback.
      The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro utilizes the same soft, ultra-tuned rubber formulation as its
      predecessors giving the grip an excellent feel and facilitating lighter grip pressure to encourage
      a smoother stroke. The proprietary TOUR SNSR technology enhances feedback, affording
      better distance control on greens of all speeds.
      The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro putter grip also features soft, rounded edges, and a pistol flare
      back to more naturally fit in the hands. The shape includes a wide, paddle front for a consistent
      landing zone for the fingers and a tapered profile for players who prefer the traditional,
      sculptured grip design. This pistol shaped putter grip with contour has been trusted by the best
      players in the world to win the most coveted championships in golf.
      Doing this Testing, DOES NOT disqualify you from other Testing in 2019, once this ones' completed. We expect this testing to be much shorter than club testings, perhaps 4 weeks total. 

How To Apply
      In a post below please list the following:
      First Name/Home State (US Eligible)
      Current Grips Used
      Choose EITHER the ALIGN (pick one model) or SNSR (pick 104 or 140 cc)

Last Instruction:  PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST IN YOUR APPLICATION POST

Will be choosing the Testers Next Week-Good Luck!

• By JBones
      OFFICIAL FORWARDGOLF PUTTER GRIP REVIEW

Follow along with our 10 testers as they review the ForwardGolf putter grip, the grip that was designed to put your hands in the perfect position for putting.  Does that design lead to more made putts?  Read the review below to find out.

Without further ado, meet the testers.....

Without further ado, here are the testers.

Super Dave    Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

wersty             Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

armour248      Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Pablo6060      Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Aubrey40        Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

benlowery       Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

KB McCool      Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

rc990n            Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

jberhart           Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

gary507          Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Let us know what you think!

Visit ForwardGolfs website HERE
      Like ForwardGolf on Facebook HERE
      Follow ForwardGolf on Twitter HERE
      Follow ForwardGolf on Instagram HERE
    • By Jason1981
      I am new to mygolfspy.com and I love all of it.  I have recently started golfing again regularly and am interested in some new clubs and overall improving my game with and without technology. My handicap is somewhere around 18-22 if I had to guess.

Driver: Orlimar tri-metal 440cc
      fairway woods: also olimar tri-metal
      Irons: ACER XK pro 4-GW
      slotline putter (probably 28 years old)
      titelist 14 way bag
      brooks running shoes.

I don't have favorite grips, but my hands sweat even when they shouldn't and am in the market.

I am also a big guy...5'10 300+ and am trying to lose weight while improving my golf game.

I am intrigued by blades.  If I can hit them well, I know I am doing it right.  (I don't own blades).

Say hello, and any advice would be appreciated.

Jason
    • By TinkerGolfMan
      Just got some Artisan Wedges created by Mike Taylor:

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!