Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Holy Grail

Driver: Golfsmith brand metal driver, circa 1986. I hit the center of the face on that so many times that it became dented! I hit BOMBS with that thing. Had a steel shaft too!!!

Irons: Ping Zing 2 irons. First set I was ever fitted for, per se. This was the set of irons I used when I first got to be “pretty good”. They hit the ball long (240 was my 3 iron yardage), and they were probably the most forgiving/accurate irons I've ever played... Sold them and bought the worst set of irons I ever had, Titleist DCI!!!

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20* with Tour AD/DI 85X shaft. I LOVE THIS CLUB. It never lets me down off the tee. It's been in my bag since 2014. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Driver: XR16 Pro w/ a HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow shaft. That thing was point and shoot. My G400 is getting there, but the XR16 Pro was still one of the best drivers I've ever owned....and I've had a lot...haha

Irons: CF16's. Such a solid iron. Still in the bag!....for now haha

Fairway wood: Heavenwood. Sold the first one I owned for some reason and just recently put one back in the bag. Such a versatile club. Covers quite a number of distances for me and is easy to go straight.

Putter: Versa Tank 7. Still regret selling that putter...

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Driver: XR16 Pro w/ a HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow shaft. That thing was point and shoot. My G400 is getting there, but the XR16 Pro was still one of the best drivers I've ever owned....and I've had a lot...haha

Irons: CF16's. Such a solid iron. Still in the bag!....for now haha

Fairway wood: Heavenwood. Sold the first one I owned for some reason and just recently put one back in the bag. Such a versatile club. Covers quite a number of distances for me and is easy to go straight.

Putter: Versa Tank 7. Still regret selling that putter...

Ive owned all those clubs and the only one I disagree with was the XR16. Could be the source it came from. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Driver: Golfsmith brand metal driver, circa 1986. I hit the center of the face on that so many times that it became dented! I hit BOMBS with that thing. Had a steel shaft too!!!

Irons: Ping Zing 2 irons. First set I was ever fitted for, per se. This was the set of irons I used when I first got to be “pretty good”. They hit the ball long (240 was my 3 iron yardage), and they were probably the most forgiving/accurate irons I've ever played... Sold them and bought the worst set of irons I ever had, Titleist DCI!!!

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20* with Tour AD/DI 85X shaft. I LOVE THIS CLUB. It never lets me down off the tee. It's been in my bag since 2014. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ever revisited the Ping Zing 2s? I have been looking at older Ping irons constantly....like ISI Ks Ping Eye 2s...

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

The only club that has remained in my bag for years and years is my 2 iron hybrid Taylormade Rescue Mid with stock stiff shaft it's really my driving iron club safety net...

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I've got a few...

First one was an original Cleveland HiBore 2 wood. They're hard to find and that thing was a CANNON and a fairway finder.

Second was an Adams 9032LS driver I put a gold made for the euro tour Matrix F7M2LTD in. Another cannon I never should've gotten rid of.

Last is my original SeeMore FGP. The only one I still have and I'll never get rid of it

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived