TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping i210 & i500 first impressions

Thin2win

I had to get a ferrule fixed today at dicks sporting goods, and since I frequent it so often I asked one of the guys if I could hit both on the sim and he pretty much gave me both 7 irons and told me to have fun haha.

I'll add some more thoughts later but both look fantastic at address. I play the CF16 irons and the top line for both the i210 and i500 are similar if not thinner. Both sets are absolutely gorgeous clubs

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the I500 look but I watched tons of reviews and for me and my game they would be good in the long irons but I would most likely lose accuracy in my short irons

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I don't think accuracy is going to be the issue with either club but distance control on short irons with the i500 might be a little nerve racking for those with consistent yardages. The face doesn't have quite the hot spot like some of the other irons in the same category (p790, pxg, etc) but it can still nuke a 9 iron when you're trying to finesse one into a tight pin. I think the edge goes to the i500 on longer irons but for short irons, my personal preference is the i210.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I don't think accuracy is going to be the issue with either club but distance control on short irons with the i500 might be a little nerve racking for those with consistent yardages. The face doesn't have quite the hot spot like some of the other irons in the same category (p790, pxg, etc) but it can still nuke a 9 iron when you're trying to finesse one into a tight pin. I think the edge goes to the i500 on longer irons but for short irons, my personal preference is the i210.

I would take consistently shorter over sporadically longer.

I like accuracy over distance. If I can hit a 160 yard PW it won't do me any good if I have no clue how far it goes.

I would always take the I210's consistently throughout the bag.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I've run into the hot face scoring club dilemma testing out different hollow-body heads (TMag, PXG, Titleist). They seem like a no-brainer on the wide open range but forced to take something off a PW to a back pin with trouble long, I'm justifiably terrified of the surprise high heater. I have no idea what my lifetime up & down stats are from behind greens complexes -vs- short/left/right but I've got hunch that my save percentage from long positions is nothing to write home about... unless it's justification to "please send money".

To me personally and likely to the contrary of most manufacturers' hopes, it seems like a significant percentage of recent iron tech highlights the benefits of mixed sets. I tossed my name in the hat for this round of Ping testing but it's hard to envision something ousting my MB2s from the scoring end of the bag. Although if golf was a game of only full-swings the scales might logically lean toward a Ping offering. In either case, I'm glad to have ShotScope keeping tabs on truth -vs- perception.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Played my practice round today, can't say I normally play the 7000y tees. I don't really have the firepower to enjoy golf at that distance. But what if did do for me, was let me hit my 4&5 irons a lot. And holy golf gods are they amazing. I hit 5 out of 5 greens from 180+ out with them today, I don't know what else to say. The i500's are absurdly high flying and straight. I am now considering replacing my 6&7 iron with them as well...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I've run into the hot face scoring club dilemma testing out different hollow-body heads (TMag, PXG, Titleist). They seem like a no-brainer on the wide open range but forced to take something off a PW to a back pin with trouble long, I'm justifiably terrified of the surprise high heater. I have no idea what my lifetime up & down stats are from behind greens complexes -vs- short/left/right but I've got hunch that my save percentage from long positions is nothing to write home about... unless it's justification to "please send money".

To me personally and likely to the contrary of most manufacturers' hopes, it seems like a significant percentage of recent iron tech highlights the benefits of mixed sets. I tossed my name in the hat for this round of Ping testing but it's hard to envision something ousting my MB2s from the scoring end of the bag. Although if golf was a game of only full-swings the scales might logically lean toward a Ping offering. In either case, I'm glad to have ShotScope keeping tabs on truth -vs- perception.

I've played titleist and have P790s and have not seen this issue. I've gotten flight and distance I was expecting. Consistency has been one of the things that stood out the most in both.

Imo usually those who see the inconsistent distance are usually not making consistent contact or aren't always finding the sweet spot then they swing where they do they get the extra distance

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Hitting these the other day I was surprised at how good they look, both in hand and at address.

Distance wise was interesting. Hitting 7 iron for both on the sim, I was hitting the i210 around 140 and the i500 around 150. I don't think they're longer than my CF16 but I'm curious what would happen with the right shaft plugged into it.

Both feel great but the i500 has a solid feel to it. Compact look but plenty of forgiveness still. Think I need to go back to DSG and spend some more time with them.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I really should go demo these sooner rather then later. Anyone here played or used the i e1 irons to compare?

They are my current set and I love them, but would love any insight!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know this is delayed but I game the iE1s and just demoed both the i210 (7i with stock DG 120 stiff) and i500 (7i with stock AWT 2.0 stiff). Curious to hear your thoughts as well if you've tried them out by now.

i210

Feel - I thought the i210 felt pretty close to the iE1s - closer than I expected actually. Now, the 210s did feel better, but the difference wasn't eye-popping

Distance - I was carrying the 7i about 2-3 yards further than the iE1, around 166-169 vs my normal 164-166.

Ball flight -  A touch higher than my gamers, but also not something where I would've noticed if I wasn't paying close attention to it

Look - The top line looks noticeably thinner, and coloration is for sure better - would think the clatter issue that iE1s have might be fixed. They look fantastic.

i500

Feel - Felt better than the 210s on the flushed shots, slightly worse on thin/toe strikes but nothing like pure blades that I have tried before. As a ~6 handicap I would feel plenty confident in the ball striking of these (I do not feel comfortable with traditional blades). I also didn't notice any tin-sounds that I had read about, which was nice

Distance - Carried about 10 yards further than my iE1. I'd be curious how much of that effect is due to loft vs. a hotter face. The iE1 7i is 32*, vs 30.5* in the i500

Ball flight - Substantially higher than either the iE1 or 210 - this part was what made me less comfortable especially given the lower loft of the i500.  I was using the stock AWT stiff shaft, so I would be curious to check out a shaft with a lower flight like the DG s300 or x100, and would also want to mess with lofts at a fitting. I could definitely see this being an issue for some golfers so if you are an off the shelf buyer, beware. 

Look - maybe the best looking iron I've seen. Lordy. Compact head, sleek back side, soles were thinner than the i210 but not as thin as a typical blade. In love.

All in all, I would probably go lower with the 210s if I gamed them today because they are an improvement on, but similar to the iE1.  I am far more intrigued about the possibility of dialing in a set of i500s though, if only to get to look at them every time I see my golf bag. #itmoved. Now I'll go back to praying I get selected as a tester  :P

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

• 2 weeks later...

Every video review I've seen for the i500 says it is a low spinning iron.  I had the chance to try out the 7-iron on Trackman with the PX LZ 6.0, which is supposed to be a lower spinning shaft than the C-Taper Lites I have in my JPX-900 forged.  I absolutely love the look of the i500 and also the feel of the LZ shaft, but I was very surprised to find that my typical shot with the i500 7 iron was spinning around 8000-8500 revs, significantly higher than my JPX which was spinning pretty consistently around 6800 revs.  

My JPX are 2 degrees flat and they only had the standard black dot i500 head for me to try, so it was quite upright for me.  I was very scared it would go left and the few shots that I hit longer and with better spin numbers were left.  However, most of my shots were pretty much dead straight and those were the ones that were spinning 8000-8500 with a high of 8800.  The fitter was shocked.  He said no way the i500 with the PX LZ should spin more than my current set up.  He suggested that I wasn't releasing the i500 as well as I was releasing my current set, and thought it was due to my fear that the lie would make the ball go left.  My question for everyone is is that theoretically possible?  With the i500, it did feel lite I was holding on a bit and not fully releasing.  

I should note that I also hit a Callaway Apex MB on the Trackman with the same c-taper lite as my current club  (it was 2 degrees flat) and the spin number were almost identical to my gamer and substantially lower than the i500.  I should also note that when I was fit for my Mizuno JPXs almost 2 years ago, the LZ and the C-taper lite were the two shafts the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer recommended for me.

The golf shop said the PING rep is going to bring an orange dot head in the near future, and I plan on going back when they have an orange dot head or trying one somewhere else. 

Interesting.
How high did you hit the i500 compared to your JPX and the Apex?
I wonder just how good Trackman is at dealing with some of these supposedly higher launching clubs, as it's basically making the spin number up. It doesn't see the ball rotations, it sees the flight and calculates the spin number based on what it's seeing, but I wonder if some of these new irons that are designed to launch the ball differently are harder for it to figure out?
Would be interesting to see what GC2/Quad thought, given that they are based on actually seeing the ball...

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Interesting.

I wonder just how good Trackman is at dealing with some of these supposedly higher launching clubs, as it's basically making the spin number up. It doesn't see the ball rotations, it sees the flight and calculates the spin number based on what it's seeing, but I wonder if some of these new irons that are designed to launch the ball differently are harder for it to figure out?

Would be interesting to see what GC2/Quad thought, given that they are based on actually seeing the ball...

Good question, I don't remember the exact numbers for height but on the screen it did show the orange line for the ball ball going significantly higher. 

I hit the exact same set up the day before because I was at a conference and the golf shop was literally across the street.  On that day, I was in the Ping nFlight fitting area, and they had me on a Foresight launch monitor, either the GC2 or quad, not sure which.  The spin numbers on the Foresight were more like what I would expect, around 6500 on average, so I suppose it could have been a Trackman issue yesterday.  The fitter did say that the Trackman gets better numbers outdoors because it can track the ball longer, so that may have been a factor as well. 

My local driving range has a PING demo day next week so I am signing up to try them out doors and see what the flight looks like and also get some outdoor launch monitor numbers!

So... the i500's. I can't say that they are any better than any of the other clubs in their category(ie. AP3s, P790, etc).  What I can say, is that these clubs and potentially, this category is the holy grail of club performance for me. I love the ball flight with the i500s that I am making up reasons to hit 4 and 5 irons during my round now because they are so good. Who makes up a reason to hit a 4 iron?!?  They aren't butter pure like a forged blade on a center hit, they have a solid crack to them. But the ball flight.... oh that ball flight. Just high and straight. I can hit a little cut, and I can hit a little draw, but the predictability and repeat ability of them for me is really game changing. I was 90% confident that i was going to use a i200/i500 combo for a good long while, but I think that split is going to be more like U, 9,8 i200, 7-4 i500. I might even go all i500. 

Again, I'm not saying they are any better or worse than the other similar clubs out there. Just saying that for me, I really don't know how they would get better.

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

I feel like a high school punk again with the hots for the new chic that just moved to town. Her name is I500! I am heart broken that I didn't get chosen to test them but I am a firm believer in “Good things come to those that wait.”

Happy testing guys. I will be reading it all.

PS. I heard rumor that another hot new girl was moving to town and her name is Z585!!!

~ Titleist 915 9.5* A1 Fujikura Speeder 757 Tour Spec Stiff

~ Titleist 917 15* B1 Graphite Design Tour AD-DI6 SR

~ Titleist 818 H1 19* A1 Project X EvenFlow Blue 70 Stiff

~ Titleist 816 H1 21* A1 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+90 Stiff

~ Srixon 565 Forged 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 Regular +1/2"

~ Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48*, 52*, 56* Nippon NS Pro Modus3 T105

~ Cleveland #6 CS 33 1/2â€

SRIXON, The best iron know one know’s about

At first glance the i500 looks like butter, smooth and silky. I'm loving the clean design and the hollow body technology has me very intrigued. So pretty

#PowerToThePlayer

Oh yes, she is definitely homecoming queen!!!

Every video review I've seen for the i500 says it is a low spinning iron.  I had the chance to try out the 7-iron on Trackman with the PX LZ 6.0, which is supposed to be a lower spinning shaft than the C-Taper Lites I have in my JPX-900 forged.  I absolutely love the look of the i500 and also the feel of the LZ shaft, but I was very surprised to find that my typical shot with the i500 7 iron was spinning around 8000-8500 revs, significantly higher than my JPX which was spinning pretty consistently around 6800 revs.  

My JPX are 2 degrees flat and they only had the standard black dot i500 head for me to try, so it was quite upright for me.  I was very scared it would go left and the few shots that I hit longer and with better spin numbers were left.  However, most of my shots were pretty much dead straight and those were the ones that were spinning 8000-8500 with a high of 8800.  The fitter was shocked.  He said no way the i500 with the PX LZ should spin more than my current set up.  He suggested that I wasn't releasing the i500 as well as I was releasing my current set, and thought it was due to my fear that the lie would make the ball go left.  My question for everyone is is that theoretically possible?  With the i500, it did feel lite I was holding on a bit and not fully releasing.  

I should note that I also hit a Callaway Apex MB on the Trackman with the same c-taper lite as my current club  (it was 2 degrees flat) and the spin number were almost identical to my gamer and substantially lower than the i500.  I should also note that when I was fit for my Mizuno JPXs almost 2 years ago, the LZ and the C-taper lite were the two shafts the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer recommended for me.

The golf shop said the PING rep is going to bring an orange dot head in the near future, and I plan on going back when they have an orange dot head or trying one somewhere else.

IMO Once you get to try the orange dot I500, it will look and feel more like what your used to so you will get full release and your spin numbers will come down. That thing between your ears is a fickle muscle.

IMO Once you get to try the orange dot I500, it will look and feel more like what your used to so you will get full release and your spin numbers will come down. That thing between your ears is a fickle muscle.

Fitter seemed to think so too.  I'm signed up for an outdoor demo day at the driving range on Friday so hopefully they will have an orange dot there I can test out.

Ping is coming out with some great clubs right now. Can't Wait to try all these

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Fitter seemed to think so too.  I'm signed up for an outdoor demo day at the driving range on Friday so hopefully they will have an orange dot there I can test out.

Interesting.

So I went to the demo day at the outdoor driving range on Friday.  There was a large difference hitting the i500s at the range vs. the numbers I was getting indoors.  The driving range also had the Trackman so the comparisons are apples to apples. The spin numbers were much better, even on the ones that spun a bit higher, nothing approached the 8500 I was getting on the Trackman indoors.  Even on the black dot, the spin numbers were lower than indoors.  I was averaging around 6500, no matter which lie angle I was using, but I could get up into the 7000s on a strike lower on the face.  I also had a few that were draws where the spin was down in the 5000s.  I tested the black dot, red dot, orange dot, and brown dot.  I tested with c-taper lite and project x lz, as both were recommended for me by the Mizuno shaft optimizer when I did my fitting for my JPX900s two falls ago.

Finally ended up settling on (and ordering!) the i500s with the orange dot and LZ 6.0 shafts with the golf pride plus 4 grips (same grips I have on my current set).  Used some lie tape on the bottom of the club and a lie angle board.  The orange dot was spot on.  Also, it was the one I hit the most consistently.  I thought that I might have needed the brown dot because Ping's std. lie angle is approximately 1 degree more upright than my Mizuno, and my Mizuno are 2 flat off of their standard lie.  But orange performed slightly better than brown in terms of consistency and the marks on the lie angle tape were right in the middle for orange.  I was told by the PING rep that it would be no problem to bend the orange dots an additional degree flat in the future, if I decide I want to do that.

Other observations from my session:  

1.  The i500 goes noticeably higher than my JPX900 forged.  Stopping power does not seem to be an issue based on height, and even with lower spin numbers, I think it would still stop quickly.  I can hit a knockdown with it and take some height off, but it it requires more effort than the JPX900.  It wants to go high.

2.  No problem working the ball left to right or right to left with the i500s.

3.  The i500 7 iron was consistently 7 -10 yards longer than my JPX900, giving almost a full club more distance.

4.  They really let me take my time and hit a ton of balls.  I would like to than the PING Reps and my friends/former co-workers at Olney Golf Park for a great experience!

Had a chance to demo the I500 at the range the other day, loved it!! Really hit the ball well with them and the feel was great!!  Now how do I sneak a set into my bag on the credit card without my wife finding out?????

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW, Steel, Stiff flex

Driver: Mizuno ST180, Regular Flex, usually play 9.5

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM8  52,56,58

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Mallet

Right Handed

Fishers, Indiana

HDCP: 18

Had a chance to demo the I500 at the range the other day, loved it!! Really hit the ball well with them and the feel was great!!  Now how do I sneak a set into my bag on the credit card without my wife finding out?????

One club at a time, almost like that Johnny Cash song...

WITB:

Ended up, after a fitting at 2nd swing golf in Delaware, with exactly what I nearly ordered online without a fitting. The I210 in r flex recoil smac wraps, black dot.

Hit a bunch of clubs, some were definitely further distance wise on the trackman, but significantly lower spin. Already being a lower flight player,the fitter and I thought I couldn't lose spin. I really didn't really hit the other clubs that much higher to make up the spin loss in descent angle. My back just won't let me get to that full finish for a high launch. I can do it when I absolutely need to, but it doesn't feel too pleasant lol.

One thing I notice, for me, is that I do not hit the ball inside on matts nearly as far as I do on the course - and I am comparing my current 7 iron - I lasered 3 shots in Saturday's round where the flag was level to slightly uphill, and twice my 7 carried past the flag - and they were clean crisp strikes. When I went for my fitting, and was getting a baseline on my current 7, trackman said I was only carrying 139. I have had this result before, which is why getting fit I never really thought was going to do much for me.

Guess I'll find out if this decision was the right one!

Ping G400 12' Sft stock Alta shaft

Callaway xr 3 and 4 hybrids

Callaway xr 4 wood

Adams CB3 irons. kbs tour 90 r flex

Taylor Made ef wedge atv grind 54'

Titleist 50' vokey sm6

Titleist 58' vokey sm6 K grind

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!!!!!! I just won a set of i210s from a raffle in KENTUCKY at a course I played!!!! Sweet!!! Having Club Champion help with the fitting! Woooooo Hooo!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Yes!!!!!! I just won a set of i210s from a raffle in KENTUCKY at a course I played!!!! Sweet!!! Having Club Champion help with the fitting! Woooooo Hooo!

Brilliant, congrats you lucky man!! 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

WTF!!!!

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

PMookie is going to be putting a set or two on the classifieds everybody start saving now

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I'm sure some of you are tracking and just as a reminder we currently have 9 spies actively testing both the i210s and the i500s. Stage I reviews should be published in the near future with Stage II to follow.

The testers have been sharing information and experiences. It looks like you will receive a pretty comprehensive review of both sets.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

PMookie is going to be putting a set or two on the classifieds everybody start saving now

Hahahahahahaha! Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I am going to add in a 6i to my combo set, but that will be it. Going to stick with the i200's for w-7 and then have i500s 6-4... unless PMookies price is too good to pass up and he goes with the Modus 105 shafts in stiff....

WITB:

Great looking clubs. Pings always perform.

Lower spin coils also be a cause of range balls as well as ill fitting shafts. Trust that is tour players are gaming these they hold greens. Lol.

It's kind of a pipe dream to see these irons and think what is pick. I have no idea lol i don't even wanna dream because it's just to much of a let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 4 weeks later...

Can the i500 be used as a driving iron?  I have the i210s 4-U. I'm not really a fan of hybrids because I always hook them.  I'm thinking of doing a utility iron (like cobra king or taylormade gapr low), but was thinking that the i500 might blend nicely there? 

Current Setup:

Tsr3 9*, Ventus Blue TR 6x

Tsr3 15*, AD UB 7x

Tsr3 Hybrid 21*, AD DI Hybrid 9x

Ping i210 4-U, Red Dot, KBS C-Taper S+

Vokey SM9 54* & 58*, 

Taylormade GT Spider

Archived