Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putts Per Round - THREAD

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Many of you guys already keep track of how many putts per round you have although many don't. Well...this thread is for all of you. If you do...this is where to post those stats...if you have not started keeping track of your putts hopefully this will get you to start.

#TruthDigest

Sunday round with the boss

27 putts :lol:

EDIT: shot 98 on a PAR 73 course

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

For the 2010 season (I'm probably done keeping score for the year so the rest of my rounds won't count) my PPR is a terrible 31.59. My average score is 72.91 and my handicap is 1.8. Could that be the worst putting by a 1.8 handicap ever?!? ;)

P.S. GIR, Fairway %, and Scrambling threads would be cool too.

Could that be the worst putting by a 1.8 handicap ever?!?

Whats really sad is that if I could get down in the 31 range, I would probably be around a 2 handicap. All of my strokes are lost on the green and thats just pathetic. I've hit more fairways and greens than I ever have and my handicap has bounced between a 5.5 and 8, based on my putting. My lowest number of putts this year was 26, and that was only because I hit 9 fringes.

I just played 9 and shot 4 over, with 19 putts; two 3 putt bogies and a 3 putt double. Only green I missed was the 3 putt double and I only had 8' for the par. My old teacher always said "you hit the ball like a 400lb gorilla, but unfortunately you putt like one too".

I don't keep my stats as religiously as I used to. I would estimate my current PPR at 28-ish. But the reason I'm posting in this thread, I used to keep all of my stats, and at one time I was averaging between 34 and 35 (I was about a 14 handicap then). I had the opportunity to get fitted for a putter by Dana Upshaw. The difference in the specifications was amazing. He shortened the putter by 2.5", flattened it by 6°, and increased loft by 5°. (Turns out my previous putter had 1° negative loft. Using it had caused me to have the ball way forward in my stance in order to get a good roll.) Finally, the weight was increased by over 80 grams. Throwing out the first few rounds of adjustment, my PPR dropped under 30. One new club and my handicap dropped 5 strokes. Reminds me that I need to get back for a recheck, as I'm pretty sure the putter has gotten more upright over the last six years.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I just downloaded YourGolf app for Android phones (it's free) and it seems to have all the stats you need in a scorecard.

Will be recording all my rounds from now on.

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore+play/new+products/1-2969-YourGolf_App.html

Unfortunately, my home course is pretty new, so it doesn't even show up on Google Maps ;)

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived