TESTERS WANTED! ×

Help with Cobra Fairway Woods

Sgrant9607

I have a Cobra Bio Cell 5w. It's my favorite club in the bag and I hit it farther and more consistently than a 3w from a different manufacturer. I absolutely love that "heavy club face on the end of a light stick" feel, if you know what I mean. Right now I can get a Cobra King F6  3 wood online for less money than a Bio Cell. My problem is there no retailer, golf shop, or outlet in my area that carries Cobra, so I can't try the F6 for myself. Can anyone tell me if the F6 is comparable to the Bio Cell in feel, size, etc. ? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks 

I have a Cobra Bio Cell 5w. It's my favorite club in the bag and I hit it farther and more consistently than a 3w from a different manufacturer. I absolutely love that "heavy club face on the end of a light stick" feel, if you know what I mean. Right now I can get a Cobra King F6 3 wood online for less money than a Bio Cell. My problem is there no retailer, golf shop, or outlet in my area that carries Cobra, so I can't try the F6 for myself. Can anyone tell me if the F6 is comparable to the Bio Cell in feel, size, etc. ? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks

From my own opinion I would look more at the f7. The f6 models were good, however the f7 are incredible.

The bio cell were incredible clubs and I know a few ppl who thought they out performed the f6.

Not sure if any of the most wanted included the f6 but could be worth looking into as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I agree, if you can stretch to it go for the F7

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I'll cast another vote in the "try the F7". I have the 3/4 F7 fairway wood and it's my favorite club in my bag. I share your affinity for heavy club on a light shaft feel and it checks that box for me.

I didn't get to try the Bio Cell woods so I can't offer a direct comparison, but before buying I tested both the F6 and F7. Between the two I tried, the F7 simply performed better for me.

What region do you live in? 

EDIT: If you know you like the Bio Cell, would ebay/used be an option? Seems like there are some well priced used options.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

If you can get the Bio cell that works for you. If not my recommendation is the F7.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I can't speak on the other options but like others the Cobra F7 gets my vote. It is a fantastic golf club that is extremely versatile. It performs well from tight lies to thick rough. It is also powerful enough to rival most Drivers off the tee.

FYI- I replaced the standard shaft with a cobra driver shaft. What a difference a couple of inches make (get your mind out of the gutter).

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

FYI- I replaced the standard shaft with a cobra driver shaft. What a difference a couple of inches make (get your mind out of the gutter).

That sounds like it'd be fun to try. Are the shaft connectors different or is it as easy as the one screw and popping it on a standard Cobra driver shaft?

The shaft connectors are identical with one exception. The loft numbers are different so you have to dial it in to what works best for you. For example my F7 3 wood in the connector window display shows 10.5. It is safe to say the actually loft presented to the ball is much higher than 10.5. My best guess would be around 15 degrees which is your average 3 wood. The added length gives me a better lag whip. If I want more control over distance I simply choke down on the club.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

The shaft connectors are identical with one exception. The loft numbers are different so you have to dial it in to what works best for you. For example my F7 3 wood in the connector window display shows 10.5. It is safe to say the actually loft presented to the ball is much higher than 10.5. My best guess would be around 15 degrees which is your average 3 wood. The added length gives me a better lag whip. If I want more control over distance I simply choke down on the club.

Thanks for the info! I plan to give it a try this weekend. 

F7 did pretty decent last year in Most Wanted Testing

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

My vote is also for the F7! I think it's one of the best 3 woods out there and I actually like it better than the new F8. The only reason I don't have it in my bag is because I rarely use a 3 wood now that I have the new Cobra Utility 2/3 iron.

The dual rail system makes hitting the ball so much easier than any other wood out there. It seemingly just glides across the turf without digging.

I never tried the bio cells but I would definitely recommend the F7!

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G935T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylormade M1 2017 Driver 9.5 - Aldilla Rogue Silver shaft - Stiff

Titleist 913f 3 wood - Stiff
Cobra King Utility 2/3 iron - 18 degree, Stiff AMT S300 shaft

Callaway Razr X Black 4-PW - Uniflex shaft (too much flex!)

Mizuno S5 Blue Wedges - 50*,54*,58*

Ping Anser 2 Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 3.0 Grip 

Right Handed

Washougal, WA

Handicap - 4.6

I love the F7's. I have the 3/4 at 14.5*, the 5/6 at 17* and the hybrid at 20*. I have full confidence in hitting them. I have hit more greens from 200+ out with them in the last year then all other years and all other clubs combined

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for all the advice. I purchased an F7 over the winter and am more than pleased. Swing weight feels a little different than the Bio Cell, but its close. Bottom line is I needed something to fill the 50 yrd gap between driver and 5w - problem solved.

You could look into purchasing a weight kit to get the swing weight closer, or there's always lead tape...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter