Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ever run into a fellow golf spyer

Big money

Have you ever run into anyone at the course, or see someone loading their bag and say “man, they're a golf spy member like me ”? I've seen my fair share of people that I want to just ask them if they are or not. Just to strike a conversation because I think it's interesting to meet a fellow golf enthusiast.

Do we have a “look” or “mantra”

Keep it in the short stuff

I've been a member of message boards for many of my hobbies for a few years . Met only a few who were members.(not any golf spy's . Even though practically everyone has a cell phone or computer.I don't know if the percentage of message board enthusiasts is all that high? We might be a small group like radio talk show callers? None of my friends at work engage in boards. My brother won't even text, and I have plenty of other friends and people I know are the same way. You might find yourself on a lonely trek? I think the idea is to just go about your business until someone asks. Many you might have to explain what a message board is. : ) I'm pretty sure with the Hundreds I play golf with yearly. None are on an online golf forum. Some of them might have visited the site for a club review. But getting involved actively in a forum is a whole different animal.In general, most golfers are more into face too face conversation and meeting people. Meeting strangers to join up with golf just wouldn't resonate well with the ones I know. A real niche experience

Keep it in the short stuff

I've met one spy and hope to change that as time passes, although there have been a few guys I see that I wonder. Maybe we do have a "look"

I used to be part of an invite-only forum for open wheel/sports car racing. One of the few conditions for an invite was that you had to have met a member face-to-face, preferably at a race track somewhere. It was small (~120 people), but very active. I met a lot of great people who all had a shared interest.

I think one thing I like about fora is we may only agree on our love of the subject, but not much else about life and that is perfectly fine. We can still civilly share a round of golf and a beverage and it's good.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I usually run into one once a week. I can tell he's a spyer because his bag changes almost every few weeks :) ha ha ha. Bonus points if you can guess which spyer it is, lol

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I usually run into one once a week. I can tell he's a spyer because his bag changes almost every few weeks :) ha ha ha. Bonus points if you can guess which spyer it is, lol

MDGolfHacker

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Golfspy Rob?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Ha ha ha...winner winner, chicken dinner!😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

My whole group already dresses like a tour pro.And I've been a club ho well before online golf spy forum.No one I've golfed with the through the years was an member of an online golf forum.I wouldn't be against meeting a golf spy member.Really not sure how my local group would take meeting an online member without knowing them personally beforehand .Im sure they would have a common interest.But it is the internet and you can't be sure what to expect anymore

Have met one, so far - it was a planned meet for a round of golf. Great guy, we had fun and .. of course! .. a cold, tasty beverage after.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Had the pleasure of meeting a playing golf with two members. Every time I go down to Myrtle Beach I try to meet up with Big Stu---I can tell you he is a one of a kind all around great guy. About a month ago I also had the pleasure of meeting up with Kor.a.dor for a round and had one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf that I've ever played. It was like two old time buddies catching up even though we had just met. So I'm thankfully two for two on meeting two new friends off the forum.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

MDGolfHacker

Boy, talk about a softball lob of a question. Good thing that wasn't for a set of irons or something....especially one of my sets  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've been a member of message boards for many of my hobbies for a few years . Met only a few who were members.(not any golf spy's . Even though practically everyone has a cell phone or computer.I don't know if the percentage of message board enthusiasts is all that high? We might be a small group like radio talk show callers? None of my friends at work engage in boards. My brother won't even text, and I have plenty of other friends and people I know are the same way. You might find yourself on a lonely trek? I think the idea is to just go about your business until someone asks. Many you might have to explain what a message board is. : ) I'm pretty sure with the Hundreds I play golf with yearly. None are on an online golf forum. Some of them might have visited the site for a club review. But getting involved actively in a forum is a whole different animal.In general, most golfers are more into face too face conversation and meeting people. Meeting strangers to join up with golf just wouldn't resonate well with the ones I know. A real niche experience

Yeah, I am definitely not your normal forum person. I will probably never join another forum. I am definitely the face to face person who isn't a huge fan of technology. However, I was a reader for about a month and then decided that y'all seemed like such nice people that I just had to join. It has been a great experience so far to be around such genuine people.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

By posting a welcome to most of the newbies, I found one that lived in my Hometown....and golfs on the course I grew up on. Well, I pm'd him and we met up for a round when I was visiting my Family. Colcur and I had a very pleasant round and we plan to meet up again next year. It's nice to go “home” and play the course you grew up on with someone you know.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have never met anyone randomly on the course that was a member of any golf forum that I read.   Met a few from this forum at another forums event and have played with Golfspy Rob a couple of times.   I am hoping to head up to the DC area to meet up with a few other members.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Let's see here.  My odds of meeting golfers here in southwest Montana... low.  That the golfer is also a fellow MGS ... we're well into Mega Lottery odds.  :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Haven't personally yet, but I know there's a few here in MA and right next door in RI (which is actually where I work), so hoping that changes soon!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Does it count if you are going to a MGS Event, the Texas Shoot Out in 2014 (or so) and stop at a Whataburger and see one of the other guys going to the same event, 150 miles away?

Although, I admit that I was planning on eating there anyway and talked to him on the phone and he told me that was where he was.

The event, while 4 of us participated anyway, was a washout with 9 inches of rain that weekend. Most of the people cancelled but these 2 had already left before the rain started. We still had great fun.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I have met and played golf with a number of MGSers including RoverRick, Foz, Barbajo, MattF and Mr. Theo who are extremely active and JacksonvillebeachPackerfan who was kind enough to host me at Sawgrass and Rookieblue whom I knew from a previous forum and who introduced to MGS.

I have never done so accidentally though.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not by accident, only by design. As Rev mentioned, we've played together...actually, we've played together for the past 3 years when I hit Florida, along with Foz. Barbajo played as well and I hope the timing is right next year so we can "get the band back together".

I've also played with MaxEntropy, Mr Theoo a mate of his that's on the forum but his name escapes me.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I ran into a player at our course last week, who recently bought an entire bag of Cobra during our demo day in the spring.  I asked how he was liking the clubs and arccos.  He loved the club and was surprised by how much he loves the arccos he wasn't even sure he'd use it in the beginning, he was just buying the F8's because he had heard so much about them.

I asked where and he mentioned online reviews, I started to tell him how he would really enjoy MGS especially the CobraConnect Challenge. But he had a phone call and I didn't stay around for him to finish.   When I see him this week, I'll mention the site to him.   

So that's not really running into a Spy, but maybe running into a future spy  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Does it count if you are going to a MGS Event, the Texas Shoot Out in 2014 (or so) and stop at a Whataburger and see one of the other guys going to the same event, 150 miles away?

Although, I admit that I was planning on eating there anyway and talked to him on the phone and he told me that was where he was.

The event, while 4 of us participated anyway, was a washout with 9 inches of rain that weekend. Most of the people cancelled but these 2 had already left before the rain started. We still had great fun.

More details about this, I was in the left turn lane turning in to the restaurant when I called him on the phone. I had no idea where he was and was honestly checking to see if he was still headed down into the flood.

Almost everyone else had canceled but he left from Indiana in the sunshine before the rains or tropical storm or whatever it was started. I was calling because if he was going to go back home, so was I, but first I was going to eat.

I called, he said he was going down, literally, "come hell or high water." I said I was going to continue also then, and was stopping to eat. Turns out he was standing in line and would have been the person in front of me. Had we not spoken on the phone, we probably never would have paid any attention to each other and not realized it until 3 hours later when we officially met.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

If we could somehow get those older, skookum looking bag tags available in the MGS Store, it would make this task much easier... just saying.  :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Archived