Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Lunch with Big Stu

DawgDaddy

Yesterday I arrived at Myrtle Beach for a golf tournament that begins Monday.  I knew that Big Stu lives in the area so I PMed him this past week and told him we needed to meet up for lunch on Saturday and talk a little shop and get to know each other.  I called him and he picked a restaurant in Surfside and we picked a time. 

After a quick 20 minute drive from The Legends Golf Resort I finally had the pleasure of meeting Big Stu, he is a big man for sure but it seems he has a heart that is just as big.  He has a passion for golf and in particular My Golf Spy, we enjoyed a leisurely hour to an hour and a half together just getting to know each other and swapping stories.

He has some great experiences to share and we laughed an awful lot, if any of you ever plan a trip to Myrtle Beach I highly suggest that you PM Big Stu and take the opportunity to meet a great guy.  He doesn't put on any airs and is simply "a good ole boy!"  Thanks for taking time out of your weekend buddy to spend a little time with this old man.

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

If I get over there sometime I'd like to do the same. Most importantly I'd like to meet him at this garage to look over some of his equipment.  :)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

If I get over there sometime I'd like to do the same. Most importantly I'd like to meet him at this garage to look over some of his equipment. :)

Yeah, I'll second that! Is like to see that "scrap pile" he keeps pulling old clubs out of and refurbishing...........

Oh, and also he can show me some of the techniques of the art of lead taping ;-)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I've met up with him twice, first time was over dinner and the previous time was a few weeks ago for a round of golf. I echo all of the sentiments already said, Big Stu is an awesome dude! It's a real treat to play some golf with him too. Watch out for that short game, it is deadly!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I haven't met Big Stu...yet,  but have enjoyed a weekend of golf with Dawg Daddy a few years, back.  If he gets the DD stamp of approval, then I know it was a good lunch with two big hearted gentleman.  Dawg Daddy is the epitome of a Southern Gentleman.    Glad you made the trip DD and hope the back and all is doing OK.  Good luck in your tournament. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yeah, I'll second that! Is like to see that "scrap pile" he keeps pulling old clubs out of and refurbishing...........

Oh, and also he can show me some of the techniques of the art of lead taping ;-)

He showed me the clubs in the back of his truck that he had hit on the range yesterday, never have I seen so much tape on so many clubs, he is a taping wizard for sure!

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

I haven't met Big Stu...yet,  but have enjoyed a weekend of golf with Dawg Daddy a few years, back.  If he gets the DD stamp of approval, then I know it was a good lunch with two big hearted gentleman.  Dawg Daddy is the epitome of a Southern Gentleman.    Glad you made the trip DD and hope the back and all is doing OK.  Good luck in your tournament. 

Thanks  Rob, you are too kind.  It has been too long, we need to get together again soon.  

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Thanks Rob, you are too kind. It has been too long, we need to get together again soon.

I would be all in for that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Great post! I live in Calabash, 2 miles from the SC border and play down here year round. Always up for getting together with some fellow GolfSpy friends.

Great post! I live in Calabash, 2 miles from the SC border and play down here year round. Always up for getting together with some fellow GolfSpy friends.

I had supper there last night, at Captain Nance's. First time I have been there in over ten years, it used to be good but last night was excellent.

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

I had supper there last night, at Captain Nance's. First time I have been there in over ten years, it used to be good but last night was excellent.

Sounds like you are having too much fun you old coot! lol    Yep I hope to stick a peg in the ground one day with Big Stu.   I've heard way too many awesome things about that ole boy...   Have fun and kick some butt in your tournament!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Archived