Maltby really upping their game...TS-1 Forged Hollow body Irons

I was at Golfworks this week and fondled the TS1 and 2s. Super nice looking club. GW firmly believes that these are as good or better than any OEM out there. 
When the TS-2 first came out I put them head to head with and identically built P790. The TS-2 had better feel and spun better in the Sim. Had identical ball speed and launch. On the course the TS-2 dropped and stopped on the green while the P790 rolled out the the back of the green over and over. It baffles me why people pay OEM prices when these are so damn good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to send@Manimal26 a TS-1 7I and a TSW 56. He will load up his shaft of choice and put them through their paces on a LM. He said he will even do some video work. If he still thinks they are

Just got my new to me sticks. Wish it wasn't 25 degrees with 5 inches of snow on the ground...[emoji58] Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

He has possession of a TS-1 7I and a TSW 56°. They were just heads so he can build them as he wishes. It shouldn't be too long before he starts a thread. Let's try to keep it un-confrontational. S

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Popeye64 said:

When the TS-2 first came out I put them head to head with and identically built P790. The TS-2 had better feel and spun better in the Sim. Had identical ball speed and launch. On the course the TS-2 dropped and stopped on the green while the P790 rolled out the the back of the green over and over. It baffles me why people pay OEM prices when these are so damn good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lots of knowledge in that GW world so why not? 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to point out that a better comparison to the TS1 would be the P760. I am building TS1 3 iron to the same spec as the P760. Same grip, shaft, length, and swing weight. I’ve already hit the P760 so it will be nice to see what a TS1 feels like and how it performs.

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...

Recieved maltby TS1 irons a couple months back.       WOW  love these irons.  If you are looking to get new irons please do yourself a favor and try these.     They may look like muscle back blade but these are not your fathers blades!!     No vibration and mis hits are forgiving.   Like the sound too.     As others have said   (The pics in catalog do not do these justice) They are sleek and sexy if a golf iron can be.     They look as good as any high dollar club out there.    I’ve always had pings.   Been hitting ping I 3 blades until I received these.     Won’t go back.      Bought these without even seeing one in person     Trusted reviews and everyone was right.  Don’t think that if you’re a mid to highly handicap these aren’t for you.     They are!!      I ordered stock tru temper LT shaft R Flex and very satisfied. This quality of clubs for $450 or so.      Unless you just have to have the name do yourself a favor and get these 

• Like 5

@Manimal26 - your favorite clubs, Maltby!

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

@Manimal26 - your favorite clubs, Maltby!

You know I wish I could delete this maltby bragging center... the maltby website has its own forum where you can brag about how you post in the big boys forums spend no money on clubs or helping this community grow... I don’t see anyone in this thread who donates but all y’all probably are the first people to sign up for any OEM iron set testing opportunity...

2 hours ago, Mikiemike said:

Unless you just have to have the name do yourself a favor and get these 

Curious why anyone who plays competitive golf does not play maltby irons? I looked up the middle western state Indiana tour clubs in play and did not see any. Also checked some random other tours like the NCAA PGA LPGA Korean Tour PGA Tour Latin America and even checked the championship tour... all added up to zero which is strange if they are such good clubs... also watched happy Gilmore and did not see any there...

I too buy stuff from ikea because I know if it breaks it’s garbage to begin with and cheaper than all you can eat shrimp at red lobster... if you missed the maltby metaphor there is this thing called google... but honestly should probably stop using that too because you find more of you clowns pushing your agenda... I heard you’re local news paper still delivers on Sunday you should probably get off the internet which you think Al Gore invented and read some ink...

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Curious why anyone who plays competitive golf does not play maltby irons? I looked up the middle western state Indiana tour clubs in play and did not see any. Also checked some random other tours like the NCAA PGA LPGA Korean Tour PGA Tour Latin America and even checked the championship tour... all added up to zero which is strange if they are such good clubs... also watched happy Gilmore and did not see any there...
I too buy stuff from ikea because I know if it breaks it’s garbage to begin with and cheaper than all you can eat shrimp at red lobster... if you missed the maltby metaphor there is this thing called google... but honestly should probably stop using that too because you find more of you clowns pushing your agenda... I heard you’re local news paper still delivers on Sunday you should probably get off the internet which you think Al Gore invented and read some ink...
Would you like me to send you a demo club? Not sure if you have ever hit a Maltby head but I would be glad to send you one.

Not sure what agenda is going on other than a thread from people who enjoy the clubs they are playing. Plus if you are an aspiring Pro very few of those guys play clubs on their own dime.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Popeye64 said:

Would you like me to send you a demo club? Not sure if you have ever hit a Maltby head but I would be glad to send you one.

Not sure what agenda is going on other than a thread from people who enjoy the clubs they are playing. Plus if you are an aspiring Pro very few of those guys play clubs on their own dime.

You want to send me a demo club... again proves how cheap maltby culture is and is always trying to push the maltby agenda... instead take that money and donate it to my golf spy...  however if you insist I’ll take a maltby what ever with a nippon modus 120TX and be happy to take a video at the range with a trackman... I will also help you get an update on your lime wire account😉...please don’t build it just send components... I know they come with instructions, but those are not needed.

2 hours ago, Mikiemike said:

Unless you just have to have the name do yourself a favor and get these

This is an agenda FYI... degrading someone’s purchase and saying next time you would be smarter to buy maltby

This is an agenda FYI... degrading someone’s purchase and saying next time you would be smarter to buy maltby
Cheap.... me willing to take the time and money to send you a demo club is cheap? Interesting.
I do not have any Modus 120 TX shafts at the shop. So that's out.

Good luck with the off-season.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Mikiemike said:

Recieved maltby TS1 irons a couple months back.       WOW  love these irons.  If you are looking to get new irons please do yourself a favor and try these.     They may look like muscle back blade but these are not your fathers blades!!     No vibration and mis hits are forgiving.   Like the sound too.     As others have said   (The pics in catalog do not do these justice) They are sleek and sexy if a golf iron can be.     They look as good as any high dollar club out there.    I’ve always had pings.   Been hitting ping I 3 blades until I received these.     Won’t go back.      Bought these without even seeing one in person     Trusted reviews and everyone was right.  Don’t think that if you’re a mid to highly handicap these aren’t for you.     They are!!      I ordered stock tru temper LT shaft R Flex and very satisfied. This quality of clubs for $450 or so.      Unless you just have to have the name do yourself a favor and get these 

I had the same reaction when I first sampled the TS-1 7 iron. Paired with a Modus 120 it was easy to flight and did everything I needed out of an iron.  Above all, it felt so good off the face. A forged head with well-engineered forgiveness. 

Enjoy them this season and I hope they bring you the same success they brought me as a former competitive golfer, club pro and someone who has played for over 30 years. 

• Like 3
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Said it before; I'll say it again - I really enjoyed the TS2 demo 7i that @Popeye64 built for me.  If I hadn't been picked for the D7 Forged testing, there's a good chance I'd be playing these clubs.

• Like 4

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
7 Wood  - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
5i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What's in timeout:
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4i - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )

On 12/24/2020 at 12:12 AM, Popeye64 said:

Cheap.... me willing to take the time and money to send you a demo club is cheap? Interesting.
I do not have any Modus 120 TX shafts at the shop. So that's out.

Good luck with the off-season.

Okay I ordered a modus 120TX 7i shaft with my other Nippon orders... I will give my honest feedback

• Like 1

Okay I ordered a modus 120TX 7i shaft with my other Nippon orders... I will give my honest feedback
I'll get home the 29th. I have some builds to sort out but should have a TS-1 7i head free.
If you actually want to try the head out I'll be happy to send it to you. If its6 just gonna be a big joke to you... well you already stated your agenda here loud and clear and we get it.... Let me know. Just send a PM.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

I'll get home the 29th. I have some builds to sort out but should have a TS-1 7i head free.
If you actually want to try the head out I'll be happy to send it to you. If its6 just gonna be a big joke to you... well you already stated your agenda here loud and clear and we get it.... Let me know. Just send a PM.

Hey it’s not a joke I’ll pm you

• Like 2

@Popeye64 you're a better man than most sir!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

1 hour ago, Popeye64 said:

I'm going to send@Manimal26 a TS-1 7I and a TSW 56. He will load up his shaft of choice and put them through their paces on a LM. He said he will even do some video work.
If he still thinks they are garbage then I'll gladly accept his opinion. He should get the heads the first of the year or so.
Should be fun and one rule on comments to his findings. Be respectful to him and constructive comments only please.

I am indeed... I will open another thread and I will tag anyone who has ever been for or against maltby... Please feel free to add anyone I miss... I will outline the entire processs their

• Like 4

While I love the spirit of what's happening here, why do I feel like this is the beginnings of some kind of turf war? Like the loser has to leave MGS forever..

Maltby gang VS the rest of the world kind of thing. I feel like we're pretty much set up to lose but we'll hopefully earn respect by putting up a hell of a fight..

Hopefully this can all be done in good fun, respect, and taste. And we can all get something positive out of this.

Screenshot_20201227-131623.jpeg

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

While I love the spirit of what's happening here, why do I feel like this is the beginnings of some kind of turf war? Like the loser has to leave MGS forever..

Maltby gang VS the rest of the world kind of thing. I feel like we're pretty much set up to lose but we'll hopefully earn respect by putting up a hell of a fight..

Hopefully this can all be done in good fun, respect, and taste. And we can all get something positive out of this.

Screenshot_20201227-131623.jpeg.f81d951403942417df63612dd7729a7f.jpeg

I don't see it like that at all.
I do a ton of testing with Maltby and OEM heads alike. Mostly with TM gear. But also get heads sent to me for builds and I'll often test hit the builds. So I'm always looking for some stand out heads. I have a set of Hogan Players combos that saw a bag rotation for a while this year. My driver and 3w are TM Sim heads.
I have a huge cross section of hitters that also hit the shaft/head combinations when testing.

To a man people who have never heard of or previously hit Maltbys leave very impressed. That often leads to a full set of clubs to be built. Whether they are back ups or Gamer sets.
In my eyes a player needs to see head to head comparisons in order to make fair judgements. This is an easy way to do this.
If it turns into a pissing match then I'll be disappointed.

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Screenshot_20201227-131623.jpeg

Nah this is in good spirit... I am an okay golfer and I swing decent so it will be a solid test...

• Like 4