TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro NX7

hckymeyer

That's for the bungee closure

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks that works.

My informal review:

I got to try the Pro version today and really like it. The lens is much clearer that my last two LRF's including a Nikon. The pin seeker picked up the flagstick quickly and it was interesting to see the additional slope yardage. Overall after 18 holes of use I'm very satisfied.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Stage 2 Review is up. Click Here.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Stage 2, p2, Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder, strokerAce, 8/23/18

The meat…

---------

I've found during my golfing journey that there are 5 types of golfers when it comes to distance:

GPS Watch guy

Pretty cool tech...but how far to the front of that dogleg, mister watch guy?  How far to carry the front of the ravine on the par 3?

Smartphone app guy

Clever!  Did you remember to charge your phone?  How far to the pin on that elevated par 3?  How about the top of the hill on that long par 5?

Red, White and Blue guy

Ah… they always put those stakes at the right distances; I'll just aim for those and then eyeball it.  Works for a while...especially good for beginning golfers.

Ask someone else guy

Hey...how far you got to that bunker?  How far to clear it? How about the water running across the fairway?  â€¦ (get your own, man… I'm not your caddy!)

LRF guy

Dayyyyyuuuuum….this guy knows his stuff.  He must be good cause that dude can get a distance to any blade of grass on the course.  This must be why he always manages to hit the green in regulation. I should really get one of those.

With the caveat above I will say you should own something.  And if you're going to get something (watch/app/LRF) then this LRF is both a tremendous deal and a good product.

Let's face it …. this isn't like other golf equipment … it either works or it doesn't.  There's not much middle ground here.

This one works and works well.

speed

it's fast - really fast…. but it's so fast that I feel like I need to shoot the target 2 or 3 times to make sure the reading is correct...which is okay because it is fast….but still it seems too fast sometimes; like it locks on so quickly that it can sometimes lock on to the wrong thing...

accurate

very precise … down to a tenth of a yard!  not sure why though...seems unnecessary; it'd be nice if you could turn that off….I don't even think tour pros care if it is 152.3 or 152.8 - just round it off (it makes the screen too busy!)..  but it is very accurate when I compare it to other devices like a smartphone app or watch

easy

out of the box it works and is easy to use.  no setup, no charging, just point it at something and press the button. the only ‘change' you might want to make is to set it to slope mode but if you have one with slope I can't imagine why you'd ever turn that off once it is on...unless you play in a tournament - which I don't - I suppose that might be a reason.

helpful

I have about a 10 yard ‘gap' with my clubs; so if I get a reading of 161 vs 169 that could be a 1 club difference for me.  this has helped me quite a bit in my club selection.

Dislikes:

hard to use with glasses on  

Not sure why they make the eyehole so small but I wear glasses when I play so I can see (I don't do contacts) and I've tried many times holding that up to my lenses and it only works part of the time...most of the time I have to take off my glasses to shoot at something.  I'm not blaming PP here...I think they are all like this….but it would be GREAT if someone could make one of these with a larger opening to look through.

shaky

they ought to add some sort of image stabilizer in here.  especially if you're hands aren't the steadiest.

display

the display has a bullseye image and then a distance reading above and below when you're in slope mode…. the distance ABOVE the bullseye is the slope distance.  I don't like that. I think that we naturally look down (vs up) and that the slope distance should be at the bottom or to the right or left. having it above the target is not very user-friendly.

front/middle/back

it would be nice if they had a gps chip inside that could give you readings to the front, middle, back of the green.  why? because when I'm somewhere (in a valley, behind a tree) and I can't shoot the pin it would be good to know at least some sort of distance.  another nice thing would be to display the distance you hit the ball...I miss this with my watch.

size

I think it needs to be bigger; I understand the ‘fits-in-your-hand' sizing but it is really easy to lose track of being as small as it is.  I can seriously see someone forgetting this on the tee box….especially since a good portion of it is black….I checked and you CAN fit it into your pocket….maybe that's a good thing? I think it should be just a bit bigger

shape

I wish they made rangefinders that you could hold like binoculars … why can't you hold them horizontally vs vertically?  I get that it's shooting a laser out right below the viewfinder and measuring that way but it seems that they could make them so that it can do the math when you shoot the laser from the side.

warning/error

When I started using this I would sometimes get no readings and I couldn't understand why.  After contacting customer service I came to the conclusion that I had been covering the laser part on the bottom with part of my glove on my left hand.  I didn't get an error code or warning or anything to indicate that the laser was covered and unable to acquire the target - just nothing, no distance. at the very least an error code E1D (Error 1 Dumbarse) which I could look up in the manual or online would have been helpful

Without a doubt, if you want a LRF get one --with slope--.  This has saved me strokes many times...both when the target is above you or below you; I've changed clubs based on this simple fact and instead of chipping I'm putting - which has led to birdie/par vs bogey or worse…

A few examples:

How far to carry the bunker on the right and stay in the fairway??  with slope?

DSC05800.JPG

DSC05809.JPG

How far down to the pin from an elevated tee box??  with slope?

IMG_20180807_162021967.jpg

How far to an uphill green from the fairway?

IMG_20180807_171556585.jpg

How far to the BACK of the green to be sure I clear everything?

DSC05806.JPG

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Stage 2, p3, Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder, strokerAce, 8/23/18

The potatoes….

Look/feel - 8/10

I've talked about the size and shape but just to recap I think it is a little on the small side.
It is super durable; I've dropped it a couple times and have found no ill effects and expect that it will be this way for the life of the device.  The storage case is great and, having attached it to my bag, even if you forget to use the cord to latch the cover closed it is designed well enough so that it probably won't fall out.

Setup - 15/15

There's no setup to do.  No charging, no batteries to fuss with, pick it up, point it at something and press a button.  The only “setup” for the Pro version is to change it from M1 (no slope) to M2 (slope). Once it's on M2 you probably don't want to change anything.  You can rotate the eyepiece to focus the image if it's blurry but probably won't need to. One of the most idiot-proof golf products I've ever used! AND there's a lifetime battery so if yours starts to go they will replace it for free…. the part about not having to charge it or replace the batteries is awesome

Accuracy - 13/15

this is extremely accurate (I think)... I mean I compared it to my watch, a smartphone app, a couple other guys LRF and it is spot on.  As a matter of fact I played with a guy who didn't have slope and the non slope reading was the same as his. I took 2 points off here because it can be too quick to lock on to something and give you what you think is the right distance but then you shoot again and hit the pin this time and it's the right distance….say for example there is some grass in front of the green and you're not shooting high enough at the pin - you get the reading to the grass and not the pin.

On Course - 37/40

Look...you need something to tell you how far you need to hit the ball.  You might be good at guessing but there's no future in that. If you want to save time and strokes this is one of the best choices you can make.  Once you get one it will become a part of your routine for almost every shot...shoot the target, get the distance, pick a club and go. It doesn't take long at all and it's really, really easy to use.  You'll find that it is very helpful on doglegs or distances to/past hazards. It's pretty cool to be able to get distances to things besides the flagstick. I've used one before, and prior to this I used a GPS watch.  The watch was great but it was limited in the info it could provide. With this I can get any distance to any spot. I've saved myself strokes more than once by getting these types of distances - not going into the woods on a dogleg, clubbing up/down on an up/down hill shot, knowing whether or not I can carry a hazard….I took 3 points off because of the limitations of the LRF.  What do I do if I'm in a valley and can't see the green? How come it isn't designed better so that if you do cover the laser port you're warned about it and get something on the display instead of just …. no distance? What if I need to go over some trees? It'd be nice if it had front/middle/back distances.

Play our trade - 18/20

As I said in the beginning… A LRF IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.  I'll restate it briefly here (read the first part for more detail), but don't spend your hard-earned ca$h on something that gives you precise distance if you can't hit it to a certain distance on a regular basis.  I'm not talking 250 yards or anything...but if it is less than 200 and if the distances is say, 176, and you're not sure if you can hit it that far on a regular basis then just get an app or something free, use the LRF money and get some lessons or a fitting.  After you reach the point where you're comfortable hitting the ball regularly to certain distances DEFINITELY get one of these….you WILL save strokes. But, as a high handicapper, this would just be a nice to have.

If you're a regular player and you know your distance gaps this should -- without a doubt -- be on your list.  Spend the extra few bucks to get the one with slope too...it will make a difference - especially when playing somewhere you've never been or are unfamiliar with.  One of the side effects of this is you'll get a better idea on how far you hit certain clubs….let's say that you get readings around 145 yards (143-147) and you hit your 8 iron but continue to come up short then you'll start to realize that you don't hit an 8 that far and should be hitting your 7.  I knocked a couple points off because of the whole eyeglasses thing. It can be a pain in the butt for people to take their glasses on and off in order to get a distance - I wish the design was a bit better in regards to that. Also wish there was a way to incorporate pin distances somewhere in there automatically...but alas, nothing is perfect.  Would be awesome if they incorporated a LRF, with shot tracking and GPS….one device that can do it ALL !

TLDR (too long didn't read)
====================

As far as rangefinders go this is as good as any of them - fast, accurate, durable, well-priced.
There are some design changes that can be done to improve it - enhance it for people who wear glasses, make it a bit bigger/bulkier, add an image stabilizer.
If you can get past these few nitpicky things and want something that will save you some strokes out there and is super-easy to use with little to no setup, this is worth it.  GET THE ONE WITH SLOPE!

IMG_20180807_163252658_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180807_162508700.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Stage 2 posted - 3 parts.... apologies for the delay!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Stage 2, p2, Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder, strokerAce, 8/23/18[/size]

The meat…[/size]

---------[/size]

I've found during my golfing journey that there are 5 types of golfers when it comes to distance:[/size]

GPS Watch guy[/size]

Pretty cool tech...but how far to the front of that dogleg, mister watch guy? How far to carry the front of the ravine on the par 3?[/size]

Smartphone app guy[/size]

Clever! Did you remember to charge your phone? How far to the pin on that elevated par 3? How about the top of the hill on that long par 5?[/size]

Red, White and Blue guy[/size]

Ah… they always put those stakes at the right distances; I'll just aim for those and then eyeball it. Sucks to be you when you come up short or go long when you hit a nice shot.[/size]

Ask someone else guy[/size]

Hey...how far you got to that bunker? How far to clear it? How about the water running across the fairway? … (get your own, man… I'm not your caddy!)[/size]

LRF guy[/size]

Dayyyyyuuuuum….this guy knows his stuff. He must be good cause that dude can get a distance to any blade of grass on the course. This must be why he always manages to hit the green in regulation. I should really get one of those.[/size]

With the caveat above I will say you should own something. And if you're going to get something (watch/app/LRF) then this LRF is both a tremendous deal and a good product.[/size]

Let's face it …. this isn't like other golf equipment … it either works or it doesn't. There's not much middle ground here.[/size]

This one works and works well.[/size]

******[/size]

speed[/size]

it's fast - really fast…. but it's so fast that I feel like I need to shoot the target 2 or 3 times to make sure the reading is correct...which is okay because it is fast….but still it seems too fast sometimes; like it locks on so quickly that it can sometimes lock on to the wrong thing...[/size]

accurate[/size]

very precise … down to a tenth of a yard! not sure why though...seems unnecessary; it'd be nice if you could turn that off….I don't even think tour pros care if it is 152.3 or 152.8 - just round it off (it makes the screen too busy!).. but it is very accurate when I compare it to other devices like a smartphone app or watch[/size]

easy[/size]

out of the box it works and is easy to use. no setup, no charging, just point it at something and press the button. the only ‘change' you might want to make is to set it to slope mode but if you have one with slope I can't imagine why you'd ever turn that off once it is on...unless you play in a tournament - which I don't - I suppose that might be a reason.[/size]

helpful[/size]

I have about a 10 yard ‘gap' with my clubs; so if I get a reading of 161 vs 169 that could be a 1 club difference for me. this has helped me quite a bit in my club selection.[/size]

Dislikes:[/size]

*********[/size]

hard to use with glasses on [/size]

Not sure why they make the eyehole so small but I wear glasses when I play so I can see (I don't do contacts) and I've tried many times holding that up to my lenses and it only works part of the time...most of the time I have to take off my glasses to shoot at something. I'm not blaming PP here...I think they are all like this….but it would be GREAT if someone could make one of these with a larger opening to look through.[/size]

shaky[/size]

they ought to add some sort of image stabilizer in here. especially if you're hands aren't the steadiest.[/size]

display[/size]

the display has a bullseye image and then a distance reading above and below when you're in slope mode…. the distance ABOVE the bullseye is the slope distance. I don't like that. I think that we naturally look down (vs up) and that the slope distance should be at the bottom or to the right or left. having it above the target is not very user-friendly.[/size]

front/middle/back[/size]

it would be nice if they had a gps chip inside that could give you readings to the front, middle, back of the green. why? because when I'm somewhere (in a valley, behind a tree) and I can't shoot the pin it would be good to know at least some sort of distance. another nice thing would be to display the distance you hit the ball...I miss this with my watch.[/size]

size[/size]

I think it needs to be bigger; I understand the ‘fits-in-your-hand' sizing but it is really easy to lose track of being as small as it is. I can seriously see someone forgetting this on the tee box….especially since a good portion of it is black….I checked and you CAN fit it into your pocket….maybe that's a good thing? I think it should be just a bit bigger[/size]

shape[/size]

I wish they made rangefinders that you could hold like binoculars … why can't you hold them horizontally vs vertically? I get that it's shooting a laser out right below the viewfinder and measuring that way but it seems that they could make them so that it can do the math when you shoot the laser from the side.[/size]

warning/error[/size]

When I started using this I would sometimes get no readings and I couldn't understand why. After contacting customer service I came to the conclusion that I had been covering the laser part on the bottom with part of my glove on my left hand. I didn't get an error code or warning or anything to indicate that the laser was covered and unable to acquire the target - just nothing, no distance. at the very least an error code E1D (Error 1 Dumbarse) which I could look up in the manual or online would have been helpful[/size]

Without a doubt, if you want a LRF get one --with slope--. This has saved me strokes many times...both when the target is above you or below you; I've changed clubs based on this simple fact and instead of chipping I'm putting - which has led to birdie/par vs bogey or worse…[/size]

A few examples:[/size]

How far to carry the bunker on the right and stay in the fairway?? with slope?

attachicon.gif DSC05800.JPG

attachicon.gif DSC05809.JPG

How far down to the pin from an elevated tee box?? with slope?

attachicon.gif IMG_20180807_162021967.jpg

How far to an uphill green from the fairway?

attachicon.gif IMG_20180807_171556585.jpg

How far to the BACK of the green to be sure I clear everything?

attachicon.gif DSC05806.JPG

I think you could be a lot less condescending here. And your assessment of the 5 types of golfers is quite inaccurate.

I was a golfer that relied on red,white,and blue flag positions and yardage markers for quite a while because I could not hit an exact yardage shot but an approximate range and this method worked fine. tone it down

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I think you could be a lot less condescending here. I was a golfer that relied on red,white,and blue flag positions and yardage markers for quite a while because I could not hit an exact yardage shot but an approximate range and this method worked fine. tone it down

...it was a joke.... sorry... didn't mean to offend you.  I, too, used the colored markers for many many years.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

...it was a joke.... sorry... didn't mean to offend you. I, too, used the colored markers for many many years.

awesome. Water under the bRidge. have a great assessment. I look forward to these.

take care.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

awesome. Water under the bRidge. have a great assessment. I look forward to these.

take care.

yeah...sorry about that.... I edited the post... that was in my rough draft and I meant to change it before publishing.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Great Stage 2's, guys! The value and quality of the NX7 really seems to be apparent from the great scores so far. You all have done a fantastic job of communicating how easy it is to use. I've always been a watch/app guy, but this thread may be changing that. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Great Stage 2's, guys! The value and quality of the NX7 really seems to be apparent from the great scores so far. You all have done a fantastic job of communicating how easy it is to use. I've always been a watch/app guy, but this thread may be changing that.

It's fair to say that this can hold its own against any of the top tier brands. I see no need to spend the extra money when this is just as good if not better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Stage 2, p2, Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder, strokerAce, 8/23/18

Dislikes:

hard to use with glasses on  

Not sure why they make the eyehole so small but I wear glasses when I play so I can see (I don't do contacts) and I've tried many times holding that up to my lenses and it only works part of the time...most of the time I have to take off my glasses to shoot at something.  I'm not blaming PP here...I think they are all like this….but it would be GREAT if someone could make one of these with a larger opening to look through.

shaky

they ought to add some sort of image stabilizer in here.  especially if you're hands aren't the steadiest.

Great job!   These two reasons are why I prefer my GPS watch.   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Been using it for several rounds and like Strokerace I wish the eye cup was a bit larger for us eye glass wearers. But that's a statement on all brands. The clip for the lanyard could be a bit larger since I like to attach a longer and more colorful one.

My partner had a Bushnell so we did a side by side comparison. While the numbers were pretty close, the vibration and slope technology of the NX7 was a definite plus. So far I'm lovin the pro version.

As a disclaimer I do use it in conjunction with my gps app on the iPhone. We have several long par 5's and blind holes so I use the NX7 in conjunction with the app.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Been using it for several rounds and like Strokerace I wish the eye cup was a bit larger for us eye glass wearers. But that's a statement on all brands. The clip for the lanyard could be a bit larger since I like to attach a longer and more colorful one.

My partner had a Bushnell so we did a side by side comparison. While the numbers were pretty close, the vibration and slope technology of the NX7 was a definite plus. So far I'm lovin the pro version.

As a disclaimer I do use it in conjunction with my gps app on the iPhone. We have several long par 5's and blind holes so I use the NX7 in conjunction with the app.

Blending with an app or a watch gives you the best of both worlds...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Can you roll back the lip of the eyepiece like some binoculars? That helps when I wear my glasses.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

I'm somewhat considering buying this model. Why? Mostly based on the features and the reviewers comments. Also, because I had hard time shooting pins at our recent City Championship. They don't have reflectors and I've learned my el cheapo LRF just isn't powerful and or sensitive enough to tag a pin or flag without reflectors built-in to them. However, guys using for instance; a Bushnell of some model had no problem. Yesterday I went back to the muni where the tournament was held a few weeks ago and again had the same experience. I've had enough. 

I asked a question recently if there is a gold standard for LRF's where every other brand/model is measured. I didn't find any answer to that. However, one of the reviewers recently said he experienced same yardages when compared to a Bushnell his friend was using.

Several things stood out and one in particular bothers me. The chrome ring does look distracting but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't keep mistaking it for a viewfinder like one reviewer commented. LOL.  Another reviewer I think said it had a lifetime battery which at first I thought was troubling. As it turns out it's a free lifetime battery replacement plan. No biggie to me and certainly not a selling point.

However, one reviewer said the Slope didn't work correctly or perhaps worked intermittently. Now that's a problem. The next LRF I purchase will have slope and I plan to leave it ON unless I play a sanctioned tournament - which anymore are few to none. If any reviewers can elaborate more on the Slope function I'd like to hear.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm somewhat considering buying this model. Why? Mostly based on the features and the reviewers comments. Also, because I had hard time shooting pins at our recent City Championship. They don't have reflectors and I've learned my el cheapo LRF just isn't powerful and or sensitive enough to tag a pin or flag without reflectors built-in to them. However, guys using for instance; a Bushnell of some model had no problem. Yesterday I went back to the muni where the tournament was held a few weeks ago and again had the same experience. I've had enough.

I asked a question recently if there is a gold standard for LRF's where every other brand/model is measured. I didn't find any answer to that. However, one of the reviewers recently said he experienced same yardages when compared to a Bushnell his friend was using.

Several things stood out and one in particular bothers me. The chrome ring does look distracting but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't keep mistaking it for a viewfinder like one reviewer commented. LOL. Another reviewer I think said it had a lifetime battery which at first I thought was troubling. As it turns out it's a free lifetime battery replacement plan. No biggie to me and certainly not a selling point.

However, one reviewer said the Slope didn't work correctly or perhaps worked intermittently. Now that's a problem. The next LRF I purchase will have slope and I plan to leave it ON unless I play a sanctioned tournament - which anymore are few to none. If any reviewers can elaborate more on the Slope function I'd like to hear.

I thought the slope mode worked perfectly for me. I've had some instances where I've been in a money game at my home course, #8 is severely downhill then extremely uphill(dogleg par 4). Most people layup at the bottom then have that 80' uphill left. When I give yardage to my partner in slope mode they've always changed clubs, and when hit straight it's been within a few feet. IMO if I didn't tell them slope adjustment they would have come up short like I've seen a million times on that particular hole. So for me I have nothing but high praises using the the slope mode on the NX7 pro.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Several things stood out and one in particular bothers me. The chrome ring does look distracting but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't keep mistaking it for a viewfinder like one reviewer commented. LOL. Another reviewer I think said it had a lifetime battery which at first I thought was troubling. As it turns out it's a free lifetime battery replacement plan. No biggie to me and certainly not a selling point.

Before I took the Pro version out on the course I tried it outside my house; I didn't have a problem getting measurements and obviously there were no reflectors. On your other questions; the chrome ring is not an issue - you get use to the design quickly. I'm pleased with pin acquisition. My old LRF I had to hold steady with my shaky hands and even then it would pick up trees or structures behind the pin which was a royal PITA. The Pro 'sees' the target quickly and then vibrates when target is acquired (takes just a few seconds). I found the pin acquisition quick and accurate even with my shaky hands - AND I didn't have to prop myself against my cart to keep it steady.

Lastly the slope works fine and I keep it in that mode all the time. But then I don't have any way to measure the accuracy of that measurement. On our course I was registering a 4-5 yd. increase in distance on a couple of holes.

BTW I did try a couple of Bushnell models at a Dicks display. The Pro was a bit more comfortable in my hand plus I could see the white body of the Bushnell getting dirty very quickly.

Overall I'd give the Pro version 5 out of 5

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I thought the slope mode worked perfectly for me. I've had some instances where I've been in a money game at my home course, #8 is severely downhill then extremely uphill(dogleg par 4). Most people layup at the bottom then have that 80' uphill left. When I give yardage to my partner in slope mode they've always changed clubs, and when hit straight it's been within a few feet. IMO if I didn't tell them slope adjustment they would have come up short like I've seen a million times on that particular hole. So for me I have nothing but high praises using the the slope mode on the NX7 pro.

Blake

I thought the slope mode worked perfectly for me. I've had some instances where I've been in a money game at my home course, .....

Blake

You're my kind of golfer.  :)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Can you roll back the lip of the eyepiece like some binoculars? That helps when I wear my glasses.

Edit: nevermind, I was too lazy to look at pictures while on my phone- didn't realize there was no lip on the eyepiece... Doh.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Years ago I was able to buy a (soft) rubber eye piece that slides onto the back of a Nikon Camera. That allowed me to place my eyeglass lens against the viewfinder. PrecisionPro if you're listening it wouldn't take much to mold a detachable eyepiece - it would be another differentiator against competition. Heck I'd even pay a few bucks for it as an 'accessory'

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Great reviews guys. I bought the NX7 pro as a birthday gift to myself this April based on the previous MGS reviews that were done, and I have enjoyed it as much as you guys appear to. Question for you guys though - I have had a couple times where the battery has gotten loose or something, so the power goes out. I have to open the battery area and just reput it in and I am back in business, but freaked me out the first time since I only had the unit for a couple days and suddenly it wasn't working. Maybe I need to be less Indy car driver, more overly cautious grandma when I am driving my cart, but have any of you guys experienced anything like this?

Driver: Nike Covert Tour 2.0, Kuro Kage Silver TiNi (S) cut to 44.5" -- Wood: Callaway X-Hot pro 4 Wood 17* stock project x shaft (S) Hybrid: Bridgestone Precept ECU 21* (S) -- Irons: Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro KBS C taper (S) -- Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 54*, 58* (W) -- Putter: Odyssey O Works Red #7s 35” -- Bucket List Courses Played: Forest Dunes, The Loop at Forest Dunes Black and Red, All Tree Tops courses, Black Wolf Run, The Irish Course at Whistling Straits

Great reviews guys. I bought the NX7 pro as a birthday gift to myself this April based on the previous MGS reviews that were done, and I have enjoyed it as much as you guys appear to. Question for you guys though - I have had a couple times where the battery has gotten loose or something, so the power goes out. I have to open the battery area and just reput it in and I am back in business, but freaked me out the first time since I only had the unit for a couple days and suddenly it wasn't working. Maybe I need to be less Indy car driver, more overly cautious grandma when I am driving my cart, but have any of you guys experienced anything like this?

Never had this happen. Maybe a manufacturing tolerance out of spec. Contact support and see what they say. They will take care of you.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I should have added this to my stage 2 and forgot about it....

In regards to customer service I was extremely pleased.

We all know those 'contact us' pages on websites that lead you to one of the black holes of the interwebs never to be heard from....well, Precision PRO is NOT like that  -- at all.

I sent an email with a question at 11:00 am and heard back by 12:15 and had another follow-up email which was replied to in a timely manner.

If you EVER have ANY issue with your device I HIGHLY encourage you to reach out to customer service; the responses are timely and well-informed.  They care about not only the product but the customers using it.

I'm including our email exchange here for reference!

Capture.JPG

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

In regards to customer service I was extremely pleased.

We all know those 'contact us' pages on websites that lead you to one of the black holes of the interwebs never to be heard from....well, Precision PRO is NOT like that  -- at all.

If you EVER have ANY issue with your device I HIGHLY encourage you to reach out to customer service; the responses are timely and well-informed.  They care about not only the product but the customers using it.

Hi all! Precision Pro Golf here!

First off, we wanted to thank all of the MyGolfSpy members who took the time to review the NX7 Pro. We've been blown away by the positive and thoughtful reviews. Thank you!

Secondly, like StrokerAce mentioned, we care about the golfers who are using our rangefinders just as much as we do the products themselves.

We believe we've made a great rangefinder that can help with your club selection and to play better golf, but we also believe that it's our commitment to customer service that truly separates us from some of our competition. And it's our goal to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. That's why we created the Precision Care Package, so that you know we'll have your back when you choose Precision Pro Golf.

And the positive feedback that some of you have shared in this thread lets us know that we're on the right path. So thank you again!

If you ever have any questions about one of our rangefinders, please reach out to us. 

-Precision Pro Golf

Precision Pro Golf

Use Discount Code MYGOLFSPY20 for $20 OFF.

#swingwithconfidence #hitmoregreens

www.precisionprogolf.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the NX7 Pro for almost a month - perhaps 20 rounds. I've had about three occasions (holes) where I could not get any information (just dotted lines). There were no obstructions such as the plastic windshield in front of it. I waited for it to turn off and then turning it back on I was able to acquire the pin. Anyone else have this happen/ I will reach out to their CS but thought I'd ask the question here first.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I'd almost forgotten to post....

I purchased on Friday the PP NX7 Pro. Mostly based on the reviews. I have expectations this will be a good one and last for quite a while. I should receive it sometime this next week. I purchased mine through Amazon and paid $188.00. It was listed at $248 but I signed up for a Amazon Store Card and got $60 off. Kind of a no brainer I thought.

Hopefully I'll put the PP in play next weekend.