hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro NX7

I thought the slope mode worked perfectly for me. I've had some instances where I've been in a money game at my home course, #8 is severely downhill then extremely uphill(dogleg par 4). Most people layup at the bottom then have that 80' uphill left. When I give yardage to my partner in slope mode they've always changed clubs, and when hit straight it's been within a few feet. IMO if I didn't tell them slope adjustment they would have come up short like I've seen a million times on that particular hole. So for me I have nothing but high praises using the the slope mode on the NX7 pro.

Blake

I thought the slope mode worked perfectly for me. I've had some instances where I've been in a money game at my home course, .....

Blake

You're my kind of golfer.  :)

Can you roll back the lip of the eyepiece like some binoculars? That helps when I wear my glasses.

Edit: nevermind, I was too lazy to look at pictures while on my phone- didn't realize there was no lip on the eyepiece... Doh.

• Like 1

Years ago I was able to buy a (soft) rubber eye piece that slides onto the back of a Nikon Camera. That allowed me to place my eyeglass lens against the viewfinder. PrecisionPro if you're listening it wouldn't take much to mold a detachable eyepiece - it would be another differentiator against competition. Heck I'd even pay a few bucks for it as an 'accessory'

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

You're my kind of golfer. :)

9 out of 10 times I'm on the course, I'm in a money game. Makes you play better

Blake

• Like 1

Great reviews guys. I bought the NX7 pro as a birthday gift to myself this April based on the previous MGS reviews that were done, and I have enjoyed it as much as you guys appear to. Question for you guys though - I have had a couple times where the battery has gotten loose or something, so the power goes out. I have to open the battery area and just reput it in and I am back in business, but freaked me out the first time since I only had the unit for a couple days and suddenly it wasn't working. Maybe I need to be less Indy car driver, more overly cautious grandma when I am driving my cart, but have any of you guys experienced anything like this?

Great reviews guys. I bought the NX7 pro as a birthday gift to myself this April based on the previous MGS reviews that were done, and I have enjoyed it as much as you guys appear to. Question for you guys though - I have had a couple times where the battery has gotten loose or something, so the power goes out. I have to open the battery area and just reput it in and I am back in business, but freaked me out the first time since I only had the unit for a couple days and suddenly it wasn't working. Maybe I need to be less Indy car driver, more overly cautious grandma when I am driving my cart, but have any of you guys experienced anything like this?

Never had this happen. Maybe a manufacturing tolerance out of spec. Contact support and see what they say. They will take care of you.

MDGolfHacker

I should have added this to my stage 2 and forgot about it....

In regards to customer service I was extremely pleased.

We all know those 'contact us' pages on websites that lead you to one of the black holes of the interwebs never to be heard from....well, Precision PRO is NOT like that  -- at all.

I sent an email with a question at 11:00 am and heard back by 12:15 and had another follow-up email which was replied to in a timely manner.

If you EVER have ANY issue with your device I HIGHLY encourage you to reach out to customer service; the responses are timely and well-informed.  They care about not only the product but the customers using it.

I'm including our email exchange here for reference!

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

In regards to customer service I was extremely pleased.

We all know those 'contact us' pages on websites that lead you to one of the black holes of the interwebs never to be heard from....well, Precision PRO is NOT like that  -- at all.

If you EVER have ANY issue with your device I HIGHLY encourage you to reach out to customer service; the responses are timely and well-informed.  They care about not only the product but the customers using it.

Hi all! Precision Pro Golf here!

First off, we wanted to thank all of the MyGolfSpy members who took the time to review the NX7 Pro. We've been blown away by the positive and thoughtful reviews. Thank you!

Secondly, like StrokerAce mentioned, we care about the golfers who are using our rangefinders just as much as we do the products themselves.

We believe we've made a great rangefinder that can help with your club selection and to play better golf, but we also believe that it's our commitment to customer service that truly separates us from some of our competition. And it's our goal to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. That's why we created the Precision Care Package, so that you know we'll have your back when you choose Precision Pro Golf.

And the positive feedback that some of you have shared in this thread lets us know that we're on the right path. So thank you again!

If you ever have any questions about one of our rangefinders, please reach out to us. 

-Precision Pro Golf

• Like 5

I've used the NX7 Pro for almost a month - perhaps 20 rounds. I've had about three occasions (holes) where I could not get any information (just dotted lines). There were no obstructions such as the plastic windshield in front of it. I waited for it to turn off and then turning it back on I was able to acquire the pin. Anyone else have this happen/ I will reach out to their CS but thought I'd ask the question here first.

I'd almost forgotten to post....

I purchased on Friday the PP NX7 Pro. Mostly based on the reviews. I have expectations this will be a good one and last for quite a while. I should receive it sometime this next week. I purchased mine through Amazon and paid $188.00. It was listed at $248 but I signed up for a Amazon Store Card and got $60 off. Kind of a no brainer I thought.

Hopefully I'll put the PP in play next weekend.

I've used the NX7 Pro for almost a month - perhaps 20 rounds. I've had about three occasions (holes) where I could not get any information (just dotted lines). There were no obstructions such as the plastic windshield in front of it. I waited for it to turn off and then turning it back on I was able to acquire the pin. Anyone else have this happen/ I will reach out to their CS but thought I'd ask the question here first.

I've had this happen a couple of times myself. I hit the mode button then reshot it, it's worked every time after I've done that. It is aggravating when standing on a par 3 and everyone is looking to you for the yardage and you have to shoot it multiple times just to get a reading. But this has only happened 2-3 times so no reason (for me) to contact PP about it, yet.

Blake

• Like 1

I've had this happen a couple of times myself. I hit the mode button then reshot it, it's worked every time after I've done that. It is aggravating when standing on a par 3 and everyone is looking to you for the yardage and you have to shoot it multiple times just to get a reading. But this has only happened 2-3 times so no reason (for me) to contact PP about it, yet.

Blake

This was happening when I first started using it and I couldn't figure it out so I contacted customer service (they responded quickly so don't be afraid to reach out to them!)

I was covering the laser on the bottom.... just make sure that when you hold it you don't have anything close to the bottom laser section.

This was happening when I first started using it and I couldn't figure it out so I contacted customer service (they responded quickly so don't be afraid to reach out to them!)

I was covering the laser on the bottom.... just make sure that when you hold it you don't have anything close to the bottom laser section.

Thanks - I thought it was being held from the bottom and not covering the laser - but next time it happens I'll make a note of it.

• Like 1

I'd almost forgotten to post....

I purchased on Friday the PP NX7 Pro. Mostly based on the reviews. I have expectations this will be a good one and last for quite a while. I should receive it sometime this next week. I purchased mine through Amazon and paid $188.00. It was listed at $248 but I signed up for a Amazon Store Card and got $60 off. Kind of a no brainer I thought.

Hopefully I'll put the PP in play next weekend.

Hmmmm?

i had the battery port, the one with the chrome ring that I liked so much, come unscrewed once. I didn't mention it because of the estimated 400 holes I have played with this it happened once. I could not say that I had not opened it as part of the review I was writing at the time and failed to tighten it properly. I have checked it several times since, and it has never even been loose.

I should have included an update in the earlier post. I am still loving this product.

I played in my club championship last week and was playing great. My distance control was spot on and getting accurate info was the key. Well, part of the key, making good swings was a part of it. However, I reinjured my elbow with a 6 hole lead and barely held on to win the match by 2. But, couldn't recover enough and didn't win the next round and failed to advance.

Yesterday, I was playing a skins game with 11 other guys, unable to make a regular swing with the elbow problem, and hadn't even made a par when I got to the 16th. I saw that it was a sucker pin placement with water on 2 sides within 15'. Since I had nothing to lose, and had the exact distance and had the perfect club for that distance. I decided to take dead aim and swing no matter what. I stuck it to 8' and made a birdie. There were many birdies with a group that large but there were only 3 made on holes that were not covered by someone else. I won $73 by trusting this LRF. Yeah, I made the swing and the putt, but the NX7 gave me the accurate distance to know what to do. Without it, I would have had to guess and would have played to 145 yards, but with it I saw I was 136.8.

• Like 3

Last week I posted that I'd purchased the PP NX7 model. I haven't gotten to use it yet as I was out of town last weekend. However, I did attach - or tried to attach my existing magnetic Velcro holder to it. The problem is the band I have covers the buttons on the top of the NX7. Both of them! I could live with the Mode button being covered but not the laser button.

Question - can any of you guy recommend a magnetic Velcro band for the NX7 Pro?

EDIT: Wow... I just called Precision Pro to ask them and the guy I spoke with had absolutely no idea. No clue. At first I wondered if he even knew what I was asking. Man... you'd think they would have had an answer for this wouldn't you? I'm left with the impression they'd never even thought of this. 

Last week I posted that I'd purchased the PP NX7 model. I haven't gotten to use it yet as I was out of town last weekend. However, I did attach - or tried to attach my existing magnetic Velcro holder to it. The problem is the band I have covers the buttons on the top of the NX7. Both of them! I could live with the Mode button being covered but not the laser button.

Question - can any of you guy recommend a magnetic Velcro band for the NX7 Pro?

EDIT: Wow... I just called Precision Pro to ask them and the guy I spoke with had absolutely no idea. No clue. At first I wondered if he even knew what I was asking. Man... you'd think they would have had an answer for this wouldn't you? I'm left with the impression they'd never even thought of this. 

Does the velco actually keep you from pushing the button, or simply cover it up? I have seen some others that have a cover on it and you simply push the button under the velco. My button is easy enough to push so that I can up the cover from a different LRF on it and while it covers the button, it still works fine.

2 month review time. My regular groups I play with don't even bother taking their LRF out of the bag. This thing is so easy to use it's ridiculous. Battery life seems to be holding up better than expected, still has full battery according to the indicator. Nothing else to add since my stage 2. I'll try to get one more update in before the weather changes here in the Bluegrass.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Kinda admit I am late to this party. But I see everyone is pretty much satisfied with this unit. I will say if it is half as good as their original one that I tested for MGS then it is one jam up unit. Mine is still kicking and holding it's own against higher priced units

• Like 2