TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro NX7

hckymeyer

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

They're Pro version is on sale for $199. For that price how can you go wrong?. FYI disclaimer: I've owned the pro version for several months and love it. 

Like Tony, I'll give the NX7 Pro another shoutout. I've had mine for perhaps 2 months now. Works beautifully. Just yesterday I played with some guys at a local muni. I jokingly say, this might be the only golf course in America without reflector pins. Go figure. Anyway, my friend yesterday was having an issue now and then targeting the pins with his expensive Bushnell. (maybe it was just him) My NX7P had no problem at all. Even from 200 yds out. It was fast too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't poured through all of the reviews, but is the consensus that it is hard to read with glasses on? 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, pulledabill said:

I haven't poured through all of the reviews, but is the consensus that it is hard to read with glasses on? 

Absolutely not. I always play wearing sunglasses and it isn't a problem for me at all.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I wear progressives and no problem with the NX7 pro. The other plus is that my hand isn't very steady but it still acquires the pin. With my old LRF, I had to steady my hand on the golf cart.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I wear progressives and no problem with the NX7 pro. The other plus is that my hand isn't very steady but it still acquires the pin. With my old LRF, I had to steady my hand on the golf cart.

6 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Absolutely not. I always play wearing sunglasses and it isn't a problem for me at all.

Thank you!!

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Thank you!!

You can't go wrong with it, especially with the coupon for $50. off the Pro model.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 1 month later...

As the winter slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) backs away and the greens and fairways reappear and you start emptying your golf bag and deciding what you need for 2019 look through these reviews.

This rangefinder is all that you can ask for at a really great price and it comes from a company with fantastic customer service that stands behind their products 100 percent.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

As the winter slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) backs away and the greens and fairways reappear and you start emptying your golf bag and deciding what you need for 2019 look through these reviews.
This rangefinder is all that you can ask for at a really great price and it comes from a company with fantastic customer service that stands behind their products 100 percent.

Plus you end up supporting a MGS advertiser

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, tony@CIC said:

You can't go wrong with it, especially with the coupon for $50. off the Pro model.

Is this offer still valid?  Where is the coupon? 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

On 3/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I tested the original Nexus here and it still works as well as it did the day I unpacked it. It has and still holds it's own with any high priced ones. On the battery thing I ended up putting one in mine> Did not get it from PP but it was still free. My MD who is a golf bud gave me 2 batteries seems some of his medical equipment uses those and he has a bunch. In fact if you read my review from way back when his wife was the non golfer who shot with mine without any effort. Yep if it ever dies it will be replaced with a new PP even if I have to buy it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I tested the original Nexus here and it still works as well as it did the day I unpacked it. It has and still holds it's own with any high priced ones. On the battery thing I ended up putting one in mine> Did not get it from PP but it was still free. My MD who is a golf bud gave me 2 batteries seems some of his medical equipment uses those and he has a bunch. In fact if you read my review from way back when his wife was the non golfer who shot with mine without any effort. Yep if it ever dies it will be replaced with a new PP even if I have to buy it

Glad to hear that Stu!

Ordered a replacement battery and it was here in less than a week. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I did the same.  Pulled it out of the bag the first week of league after being untouched in the bag for over 6 months...fired up with no issues at all.  Customer service is top notch as well.  Can't beat the lifetime free battery deal too!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2018 at 1:56 PM, StrokerAce said:

Stage 2, p3, Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder, strokerAce, 8/23/18

The potatoes….

Look/feel - 8/10

I've talked about the size and shape but just to recap I think it is a little on the small side.
It is super durable; I've dropped it a couple times and have found no ill effects and expect that it will be this way for the life of the device.  The storage case is great and, having attached it to my bag, even if you forget to use the cord to latch the cover closed it is designed well enough so that it probably won't fall out.

Setup - 15/15

There's no setup to do.  No charging, no batteries to fuss with, pick it up, point it at something and press a button.  The only “setup†for the Pro version is to change it from M1 (no slope) to M2 (slope). Once it's on M2 you probably don't want to change anything.  You can rotate the eyepiece to focus the image if it's blurry but probably won't need to. One of the most idiot-proof golf products I've ever used! AND there's a lifetime battery so if yours starts to go they will replace it for free…. the part about not having to charge it or replace the batteries is awesome

Accuracy - 13/15

this is extremely accurate (I think)... I mean I compared it to my watch, a smartphone app, a couple other guys LRF and it is spot on.  As a matter of fact I played with a guy who didn't have slope and the non slope reading was the same as his. I took 2 points off here because it can be too quick to lock on to something and give you what you think is the right distance but then you shoot again and hit the pin this time and it's the right distance….say for example there is some grass in front of the green and you're not shooting high enough at the pin - you get the reading to the grass and not the pin.

On Course - 37/40

Look...you need something to tell you how far you need to hit the ball.  You might be good at guessing but there's no future in that. If you want to save time and strokes this is one of the best choices you can make.  Once you get one it will become a part of your routine for almost every shot...shoot the target, get the distance, pick a club and go. It doesn't take long at all and it's really, really easy to use.  You'll find that it is very helpful on doglegs or distances to/past hazards. It's pretty cool to be able to get distances to things besides the flagstick. I've used one before, and prior to this I used a GPS watch.  The watch was great but it was limited in the info it could provide. With this I can get any distance to any spot. I've saved myself strokes more than once by getting these types of distances - not going into the woods on a dogleg, clubbing up/down on an up/down hill shot, knowing whether or not I can carry a hazard….I took 3 points off because of the limitations of the LRF.  What do I do if I'm in a valley and can't see the green? How come it isn't designed better so that if you do cover the laser port you're warned about it and get something on the display instead of just …. no distance? What if I need to go over some trees? It'd be nice if it had front/middle/back distances.

Play our trade - 18/20

As I said in the beginning… A LRF IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.  I'll restate it briefly here (read the first part for more detail), but don't spend your hard-earned ca$h on something that gives you precise distance if you can't hit it to a certain distance on a regular basis.  I'm not talking 250 yards or anything...but if it is less than 200 and if the distances is say, 176, and you're not sure if you can hit it that far on a regular basis then just get an app or something free, use the LRF money and get some lessons or a fitting.  After you reach the point where you're comfortable hitting the ball regularly to certain distances DEFINITELY get one of these….you WILL save strokes. But, as a high handicapper, this would just be a nice to have.

If you're a regular player and you know your distance gaps this should -- without a doubt -- be on your list.  Spend the extra few bucks to get the one with slope too...it will make a difference - especially when playing somewhere you've never been or are unfamiliar with.  One of the side effects of this is you'll get a better idea on how far you hit certain clubs….let's say that you get readings around 145 yards (143-147) and you hit your 8 iron but continue to come up short then you'll start to realize that you don't hit an 8 that far and should be hitting your 7.  I knocked a couple points off because of the whole eyeglasses thing. It can be a pain in the butt for people to take their glasses on and off in order to get a distance - I wish the design was a bit better in regards to that. Also wish there was a way to incorporate pin distances somewhere in there automatically...but alas, nothing is perfect.  Would be awesome if they incorporated a LRF, with shot tracking and GPS….one device that can do it ALL !

TLDR (too long didn't read)
====================

As far as rangefinders go this is as good as any of them - fast, accurate, durable, well-priced.
There are some design changes that can be done to improve it - enhance it for people who wear glasses, make it a bit bigger/bulkier, add an image stabilizer.
If you can get past these few nitpicky things and want something that will save you some strokes out there and is super-easy to use with little to no setup, this is worth it.  GET THE ONE WITH SLOPE!

IMG_20180807_163252658_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180807_162508700.jpg

FWIW - this is the longest lasting item in my bag and I have a hard time seeing it replaced.

Does just what I want, how I want, is reliable and I don't know what I'd do without it....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still using mine and loving it. The zipper on the carrier gave way at some point last year, but other than that it has performed perfectly.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

11 hours ago, RoverRick said:

I’m still using mine and loving it. The zipper on the carrier gave way at some point last year, but other than that it has performed perfectly.

Amen to that. I'm on my 3rd battery and it's still running flawlessly. Hell, my wife wants to trade me her Nikon for my NX7 Pro. I don't think I've ever closed the zipper since I bought it.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT