Shankster

Taylor Made GAPR Line..Sneak Peek

What is this madness I keep seeing on the Twitter?

GAPR LO

GAPR MID

GAPR HI

When will we know more about these?!IMG_3465.PNG

• Like 1

Looks like some clubs just in time for playing links style. Should give guys a chance to flight shots and get some roll

• Like 1

That is a really cool idea. Looks like it is only out in Europe though? 😟 I hope this makes it to the US. Then I will have to buy three clubs instead of just one.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see some shot tracers this week.

• Like 3

Tiger was spotted with the low version at Carnoustie yesterday...I imagine his stingers will roll out an additional 100+ yards with the firm conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Really interested to try the GAPR Lo and see how it is or isn't different from the P790 UDI

• Like 1

Really interested to try the GAPR Lo and see how it is or isn't different from the P790 UDI

Adjustable for one thing I saw, maybe a hotter face?

Adjustable for one thing I saw, maybe a hotter face?

Interesting. I have only seen that in the Mid and Hi and the Lo only epoxied directly into the hosel. 

Can't wait to see some shot tracers this week.

See this tweet exchange with PING Europe

• Like 2

This latest TM Driving Iron announcement makes me feel even better about my original TM UDI's... :rolleyes:

UDI.jpg

With all Tiger showing up with this on the range this week prior to The Open Championship, it's generated a lot of buzz.  Here's the official word from TaylorMade

Press Release:

TaylorMade Golf Company Formally Announces GAPRâ„¢

Featuring SpeedFoam Technology, New Trio of Products Engineered to Deliver Golfers Maximum Performance to Fill Distance Gaps in Their Long Game

CARLSBAD, Calif. (July 17, 2018) â€“ TaylorMade Golf, the industry leader in high performance product innovation and technology and creators of the original Rescue line of hybrids in 1999, announced today the debut of GAPR, a highly innovative trio of products with unique identities and performance deliverables providing golfers with the right clubs to fill gaps in the long game.

285457-OSN09542-bbb837-large-1531758351.

Nearly every golfer has a gapping challenge in the long part of their set; specifically, the difficult-to-manage yardage between the longest playable iron and the shortest metalwood. With a majority of players not comfortable hitting 3, 4 and even 5 irons consistently to precise yardages or with any dependable accuracy and 5, 7 and 9 woods often difficult to control, TaylorMade set out to engineer a line of products that allow golfers to get the distance, carry and control needed to fill these gaps. The result is GAPR, three distinct products which invite golfers to choose their shape, find their distance and bridge their gap.

285456-OSN09511-c814bf-large-1531758350.

In recent years, the majority of hybrid clubs have gradually evolved into extensions of the iron set or simply smaller fairway woods. Few compelling options for golfers to upgrade their hybrids exist unless they purchase them as part of an iron set. On Tour, the number of wood-style hybrids has steadily declined. Players are starting to adopt iron-style utility clubs and driving irons for better control and workability.

In each of the 3 different GAPR models, engineers have incorporated TaylorMade's innovative SpeedFoam technology, which was first introduced in the globally-successful P790 irons last fall. SpeedFoam serves the dual purpose of generating ball speed while also dampening vibrations to create optimal sound and feel. SpeedFoam is injected into the club head in liquid form before expanding within the club, providing increased face support while maintaining the soft, solid sound and feel that golfers prefer. Additionally, strategically-placed ultra-low center of gravity in each GAPR model creates a hotter, higher launch for more distance and improved playability.

285454-OSN09502-2d7eb5-large-1531758349.

GAPR LO

Designed primarily for players with faster ballspeeds, GAPR LO is the smallest of the three models and features a low-forward CG for extreme distance with a mid-to-low trajectory. It's driving iron-type shape has a players profile that allows for excellent flighting and workability, and the mid-thin sole width delivers maximum performance and versatility for the stronger player.

GAPR MID

Slightly larger in size than the GAPR LO, GAPR MID was designed with players of all skill levels in mind. Featuring a CG that is ultra-low and forward for maximum distance and a mid-high trajectory, GAPR MID has an iron face profile that inspires confidence and easy alignment and a medium-wide sole width for ease of play and versatility.

GAPR HI

Similar to the GAPR MID, GAPR HI was engineered for the widest range of players. The largest of the three models, GAPR HI features an ultra-low/back CG for maximum distance and a high, penetrating trajectory. Where the HI differs from the other 2 models is its shaping, which features modern Rescueâ„¢ shaping with a high-toe, peanut shaped clubhead. The dropped crown feature provides lower CG and improved alignment.

“More Tour players are adopting utility clubs to bridge the gap between their longest iron and shortest fairway wood. GAPR provides innovative options for players to confidently hit a specific yardage with a specific trajectory. With SpeedFoam, Loft Sleeveâ„¢ and Speed Pocketâ„¢ technologies, golfers have the performance and adjustability to fine-tune their long game for the right combination of distance, versatility and precision.” 

Tomo Bystedt, Senior Director, Product Creation, Metalwoods

Specs, Availability & Pricing

Available on August 24 at an MSRP of $250 USD, GAPR will be available in the following models/lofts/lengths:

GAPR LOW

#2 | 17° | 40.25”

#3 | 19° | 39.75”

#4 | 22° | 39.25”

GAPR MID

#3 | 18° | 40.25”

#4 | 21° | 39.75”

#5 | 24° | 39.25

GAPR HI

#3 | 19° | 40.75”

#4 | 22° | 40.25”

#5 | 25° | 39.75”

#6 | 28° | 39.25”

Each GAPR comes equipped with a KBS Hybrid shaft in either an 80/x, 80/s, 70/r or 60/a profile (via custom) and a Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip. Additional shaft options are available through TaylorMade's custom program as well.

• Like 3

I'm no fan of hybrids, but that GAPR HI looks like it'll be crazy easy and incredibly fun to hit.

It does indeed Russ.  As for the Lo and Mid, I can't help but think of Callaway Rogue when I saw that color scheme. 

• Like 2

Got the email this morning. Different look for TM that's for sure.

We can merge my GAPR what thread in here to keep the place nice and tidy if you want to Rob.

• Like 1

It does indeed Russ. As for the Lo and Mid, I can't help but think of Callaway Rogue when I saw that color scheme.

Same here to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy