Shankster

Taylor Made GAPR Line..Sneak Peek

Our Sponsors

... Ya never know what OEM's are going to do, especially for what would be a loss leader for them. Slightly less than 3% of iron sales go to MB's. TM is trying to turn sales around so this would really not make financial sense. So the only reason to release TW irons would be brand promotion hoping people will see Tiger TW irons advertised and want to play a more forgiving TM iron because Tiger plays TM's. Wedges are a different story, since most are MB anyway so I think coming out with TW wedges makes a lot more sense than TW irons. But as I said, ya never know til ya know. :unsure:

I bet if they released TW MB irons, there would be loads of people who are less educated about what golf clubs are best for their game will to pay. They would line up and shell out big bucks just because it is what Tiger plays. There are so many dedicated TW fans that would play them no matter what. While I think MB's as a whole are a loss leader; TW MB's might draw a different market share than typical MB's.

TM's other option would be to release them as a limited edition collectors product and eliminate the "unplayable for most" factor. This would just capitalize the TW effect.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

It's really marketing 101. Find something (someone) that golfers adore, make a bunch and sell the snot out of them. Taylormade would be foolish not to capitalize on his name.

• Like 1

I bet if they released TW MB irons, there would be loads of people who are less educated about what golf clubs are best for their game will to pay. They would line up and shell out big bucks just because it is what Tiger plays. There are so many dedicated TW fans that would play them no matter what. While I think MB's as a whole are a loss leader; TW MB's might draw a different market share than typical MB's.

TM's other option would be to release them as a limited edition collectors product and eliminate the "unplayable for most" factor. This would just capitalize the TW effect.

... It didn't work for Nike when Tiger was a bigger draw and more associated as the brand ambassador. They lost money on TW blades. A limited Edition TW iron set would certainly seem to make sense as they might actually be able to break even with them, satisfy his most ardent fans and reap the most from Tiger as a brand ambassador. The bottom line is as much as people love to say they would buy MB's for any reason, they never open their wallets. There is a reason you don't see MB's on the shelves of many retail golf stores. They just don't sell. 97% of the market buy CB's, GI's and SGI's. If I am running a store, I am not stocking a 3% loss leader. 

• Like 1

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

... It didn't work for Nike when Tiger was a bigger draw and more associated as the brand ambassador. They lost money on TW blades. A limited Edition TW iron set would certainly seem to make sense as they might actually be able to break even with them, satisfy his most ardent fans and reap the most from Tiger as a brand ambassador. The bottom line is as much as people love to say they would buy MB's for any reason, they never open their wallets. There is a reason you don't see MB's on the shelves of many retail golf stores. They just don't sell. 97% of the market buy CB's, GI's and SGI's. If I am running a store, I am not stocking a 3% loss leader.

Yep. My golf galaxy doesn't even have a set of the p750s because they're so expensive. No way stores would want to sit on sets of 1300+ blades

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

It's really marketing 101. Find something (someone) that golfers adore, make a bunch and sell the snot out of them. Taylormade would be foolish not to capitalize on his name.

... I just don't think Tiger has much influence on club sales. Soft goods like shirts, shoes and hats? Absolutely. But hey Shanks, I could be wrong. We will just have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

... I just don't think Tiger has much influence on club sales. Soft goods like shirts, shoes and hats? Absolutely. But hey Shanks, I could be wrong. We will just have to wait and see.

Well I did just see a picture of DJ trying out the Ardmore...

I have to imagine their sales are up since he had been playing well. Maybe a slight bump, but it has to be up.

• Like 1