Sign in to follow this  
GSwag

Ian Poulter making new "friends" with a marshall

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ian-poulter-responds-after-scottish-open-marshal-calls-him-an-arsehole-and-accuses-him-of-verbal-abuse

So apparently Ian Poulter is endearing himself to a volunteer marshall.  

I personally have nothing against Poulter whatsoever, but it just seems like he can't stay out of his own way in making headlines in the wrong way.

Two sides to every story. Probably falls somewhere in between as they both have their blinders on.

Check out his side of the story. They both tell similar stories and the Marshall took offense to his approach and I'm assuming it's based on past reputation vice what was being said

• Like 1

Two sides to every story. Probably falls somewhere in between as they both have their blinders on.

Agreed. Probably trying to make a story out of nothing really - which is "news" at it's natural worst. Move on...

• Like 2

Agreed. Probably trying to make a story out of nothing really - which is "news" at it's natural worst. Move on...

This is what I took out of it.   Some media members have an ax to grind with Poulter any chance they get.   I understand he may not have been the easiest for some to deal with. But in this case, I think it's a lot of "nothing to see here" 

• Like 2

Ian has worked hard to earn his reputation and growing fan base.  That said, I bet he'd be fun to play and round with and knock back a pint afterwards.

As time goes on and as I get older, i am becoming more and more fond of Poulter. His win to secure a spot at the Masters Tournament was fantastic. He's a competitor and entertaining to watch.

Countless threads are devoted to “I can't stand this guy” and how they don't seem to be relatable.

Truth is, they're there to entertain us, not to raise our kids and share our vacations.

I'm a fan. Don't change your ways Ian.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

As time goes on and as I get older, i am becoming more and more fond of Poulter. His win to secure a spot at the Masters Tournament was fantastic. He's a competitor and entertaining to watch.

Countless threads are devoted to “I can't stand this guy” and how they don't seem to be relatable.

Truth is, they're there to entertain us, not to raise our kids and share our vacations.

Except during Ryder Cup play  :D.

• Like 1

Thank you. I have no problem with being passionate and strong willed. I do however have a problem when that crosses the line into Whiny and arrogant. Ian does a great job of walking that line. I am a fan of his and that probably won't change.