First Time Fitting - Pushed to one Brand

Our Sponsors

The club heads from Mizuno and TM he suggested, as comparable to the G400's, definitely felt different to me even with the same basic fitting parameters. More importantly, they hit differently..

Clubs will feel/sound different even when setup the same. What I have experienced in the most wanted testing is that most of the clubs will perform about the same but you may not have the exact same setup, sound, or feel due to how the head is designed and works. .

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

We had a local guy who was similar to that. Only PING, Titleist and Wilson as they were "American companies" and generally had a 18 to 24 month product cycle.

He did very well in a small rural community about an hour from DC and Baltimore as he was the only shoo in town.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Replace w/s with Mizuno as mentioned in another post and is there really any other brand 🤣

But seriously it's a little disappointing when fitters have a hidden agenda.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I also failed to mention that during my original fitting he did not have a launch monitor that I could see. He sat back and had his screen while I was hitting into the net but could never "see" the ball/data/numbers. When I suggested we go outside so I can actually see the flight he said that wasn't needed and he knew what would work best. It just disheartens me when I'm told that this one place is the place to go (was even on the Golf Digest Top 100 so they claim) and I get better service at a big box store.

There is no problem in not showing the numbers while you are hitting. It removes your bias toward certain clubs. When I have a fitting I like not seeing the numbers. HOWEVER, once you hit all clubs and combinations you should sit down and look at the numbers with the fitter. He should then explain what you should go with and why. His "findings" should be backed up by the data. This should include distance, lateral dispersion, face impact, and spin. This is how a good fitting should work.
  • Like 3

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

• 3 weeks later...

One of the first questions I ask in the fitting is - are you brand sensitive. meaning is there a brand you particularly want or do you care.

If the golfer likes or certainly wants a brand we don't carry we get on the computer and go over specs of the club brand of choice.

I have gone so far as to call another company we don't carry to order a set via the local rep so the player can get what they want.

It is impractical to carry every brand particularly in my area (rural).

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.