Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Vegas golf and the heat

pulledabill

Considering a solo trip to Vegas in August. Play, drink, and golf. Ive been twice before w. Once in Dec and in July. Is it foolish to even attempt to play in the heat? Seems like rates would be decent but I also dont need to stroke out.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I've played in August in Scottsdale and in Florida - you may want to avoid the drinking part the night before and on the course - hydration is key when it's hot.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Stay hydrated before, during and after the round. I've spent several months in similar heat and as long as you stay hydrated which will require much more water and Gatorade than you think the heat won't be as much of an issue

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yeah, but it's a dry heat out there.  Big deal.  At least you don't have humidity to absolutely soak you after standing outside for 5 minutes with no exercise whatsoever.   :rolleyes:

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I wouldn't try it in August, but good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

I was there last June and loved how the weather felt. Yes it's hot so make sure to have sun screen but I didn't once feel miserable like I do here in Ohio when it's hot. No humidity is a lovely thing.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Play really early or late in the afternoon. I played Southern Highlands and Shadow Creek last year in July with mid morning times and it was miserable. Shadow was for Tiger Jam and it still was not fun. I would highly advise against beer if you are out in the heat and not used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Mini Driver 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Yeah, but it's a dry heat out there.  Big deal.  At least you don't have humidity to absolutely soak you after standing outside for 5 minutes with no exercise whatsoever.   :rolleyes:

That's what I always though before moving here to southwest Montana and at 5200' elevation. While the humidity is quite low, I find myself having a more difficult time staying hydrated here than anywhere I've lived; Ft. Lauderdale, Sacramento, and Tacoma. Seems like gallon goes in and barely a 1/2 cup comes out.   :blink:

To the OP, I think you'll be fine playing there this time of year.  Try and get really early tee times, take a cart, and drink plenty of water.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Yeah I was in Vegas in 110 and honestly just feels like an oven. But there's a huge difference 110 out there and 95 here in jersey with humidity. It's not too bad I would definitely go. Drink yourself stupid once your done.

Not that it's usually a problem in Greater Boston, but the hotter it is, the better I play. I'm not nearly flexible enough to be really good, but in the heat, I feel less stiff, less achy, and a little more fluid.

That's if I'm riding, of course.

Otherwise, somebody would find my body somewhere on the front nine.

No different playing in Vegas and playing here in SE Washington.  The temps and humidity are very similar.  August here is typically over 100* nearly every day with some days getting up to 110*.  We have already has two days this week at 106*.  

Make sure you have plenty of water; don't rely on the drink cart even at once resorts.  During the summer, they have a habit of not being out on the course much.  I drink water on every tee box; don't skip a hole.  I will have a Gatorade near the turn, but I don't like drinking too much of it.  Lots of water.  If the cart has an attached cooler, keep it stocked with ice water and keep a towel wet.  I usually wet my hat every few holes also; feels good but dries out quickly.  Cold beer at the 19th hole is the way to go.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived