TESTERS WANTED! ×

I picked this up about two weeks ago, and so far all i can say is get it! Honestly, the first thing i thought was "ehh another stupid training aid" as well as "i am in deep doo doo trying to hit this thing". I even went so far as to tell the guy next to me that he might want to watch out because i have no idea where this ball is headed. ;) Fortunately for me, i hit it pretty well. This of course inspired confidence so i proceeded to hit it about 20 to 30 times before i hit my irons.

The big question is of course, does this thing actually do what it is supposed to? I can honestly say "YES!!". I have not hit the ball this well in 2 to 3 years since getting this. I have not been scoring, but that's because i think i forgot how to hit the ball and that was taking up the majority of my time.

As with most training aids, most think(myself included), no way this can go on for 2 straight rounds. Lo and behold, i hit the ball again extremely well. This is one training aid i can say that actually works like it is supposed to. Be warned though, you will hit some squibblers.

33100.jpg

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

Thanks for the review I ve seen this advertised and wondered if it really worked like it says. I will have to try it ,i sure need the help

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

i saw this product at the pga show (i believe 2009) and i said to Martin the inventor, i am pissed i didnt think of it - i'm on the first testimonial / commercial whatnot.

but the only way to hit this is exactly the way i teach the impact area. i love it and cannot say enough about it. the simplicity in the design is that if you swing up from low to high you will top it and never get the ball in the air. you must hit from high to low in order to make the ball go into the air.

down makes up people and this is the only product that will show you that.

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

I'm starting to worry if the world's coming to an end... Infomercials used to be just high fun, with the Hammer being the ultimate golf-specific infomercial humor for me. Now it seems like there's honest products, all backed up by posters here at MGS- the P90X, the V-Harness and now the Tour Striker.

That's one of the best thing about this site: real-life people with firsthand knowledge. I've been thinking of getting a Tour striker... without MGS, it would've ended up a set-in-stone "NO".

• 3 weeks later...

As a female golfer looking to maintain better lag and a more delofted impact position, I used the Tour Striker Pro to test whether it would help to get my impact in a better position. Being a female with a swing speed between 80-85 mph, the Pro model was not beneficial. Most of my initial shots were thin hooks, and with more practice became fatter pulls. Many golfers do need to work on a better impact position, especially 10+ handicaps, but using the Tour Striker, especially the Pro model may not be the best way to go. If your lack of lag is mainly coming from your arm swing this may be a helpful training aid, but for those golfers who may be in a less powerful impact position due to a disconnect with their hips and arm rotation this training aid wouldn't give you the results you are looking for.

As a female golfer looking to maintain better lag and a more delofted impact position, I used the Tour Striker Pro to test whether it would help to get my impact in a better position. Being a female with a swing speed between 80-85 mph, the Pro model was not beneficial. Most of my initial shots were thin hooks, and with more practice became fatter pulls. Many golfers do need to work on a better impact position, especially 10+ handicaps, but using the Tour Striker, especially the Pro model may not be the best way to go. If your lack of lag is mainly coming from your arm swing this may be a helpful training aid, but for those golfers who may be in a less powerful impact position due to a disconnect with their hips and arm rotation this training aid wouldn't give you the results you are looking for.

As a female golfer or being a female golfer (however you'd like to state that your a female that plays golf) - you may have wanted to take a look at their model chart located here - http://www.tourstriker.com/models.aspx there is a female model at the right edge of the chart you should try out.

I guess conversely since I am a male, and thus being a male golfer, the flex of the shaft was an important issue to match my swing speed so as to not test an ill suited model, blame the club, and come on MGS to bash a product. But thats just me.rolleyes.gif

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

well, i just cant stop singing the praises of this club for myself and the others that have used it.

The other day this older gentleman and I were discussing clubs and women, he sees the tour striker and promptly drops a few WTF is that club? I said hey, this is the new juice! I noticed he flips his hands trying to make the ball go in the air instead of hitting down on it. Me, not being Ranger Rick didnt say anything to him. I gave him the tour striker and left him alone. After I see him hitting ball out of the corner of my eye and seeing they are getting in the air, i turn and say to him "So?". He proceeds to practically have to change his depends. he starts hitting his 7 iron and suddenly he is striking it 10 times better. So i tell him to just do the 9-3 drill which IMO helps ingrain the tour striker feeling as well and its making a THUMP sound instead of a thwack.

He starts taking full swings and hitting the ball farther and higher.

Proof positive this thing works.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• SPY VIP

In what seems like a lifetime ago, before I joined the MGS team, I got in touch with Martin Chuck, inventor of the Tour Striker and asked him to send me a sample for review. He was more than willing to send me one, and shortly after the 2009 PGA show I began working with the Tour Striker. A couple months later I wrote my review.

I can honestly say without hesitation that the Tour Striker the single most effective training aid I've ever used (and I've tried plenty). Of course now Chuck's product is big time now and he's gone from 1 model to 6, and while I can only speak to the original, I'm willing to believe that each model works exactly as Martin claims that it does.

For those interested, here's the review I wrote in April of 2009.

On a personal note, Martin is one of the most genuinely sincere and nice guys I've come across. I couldn't be happier to see the success he's having with his product. For those who may not know, he's also the Director of Golf/Club Manager at the David McLay Kidd designed Tetherow in Bend Oregon. Though it's almost 2 years old, if I'm ever out that way, I'm going to have to give him a call to find out if his offer of a round of golf is still good.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 4 months later...

So as an update, i continue hitting the Pro model 7 iron and continue to sing its praises. Again, the most beautiful thing about this club is that it does not care about what position your hands are in at the top of the swing. It only cares about the moment of truth...impact.

I have let friends use it and the almost immediately buy one. I have probably sold martin at least 5. I want to get the 5 iron and wedge eventually.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know that this is an older thread, however I've been using the Tour Striker Pro X 7i since December '11 & it's a great aid in developing an increasing lag in your(my) swing...There are two other 7i models, the regular 7i and the Pro...The hitting area gets progressively smaller from the 7i to the 7i Pro to the 7i Pro X...Even if you are a low hdcper & have lag, the Pro or Pro X will increase it...Excellent aid!!...Fairways & Greens 4ever....

After my recent lesson showed I had somehow started flipping the club, I went ahead and ordered a Tour Striker from GolfDiscount.com (MGS discount + $25 coupon = $57, not bad at all). I didn't use to have a flipping problem, but I knew that from trying someone else's tour striker last year. I figure even if I fix my current flaw, it's still nice to practice with the tour striker and make sure it doesn't creep back in.

After my recent lesson showed I had somehow started flipping the club, I went ahead and ordered a Tour Striker from GolfDiscount.com (MGS discount + $25 coupon = $57, not bad at all). I didn't use to have a flipping problem, but I knew that from trying someone else's tour striker last year. I figure even if I fix my current flaw, it's still nice to practice with the tour striker and make sure it doesn't creep back in.

wdgolf, were did you get the $25 coupon from?

I borrowed a Tour Striker 7 Pro from a client this spring and have been really impressed with it. I haven't yet broken it to him that he's not getting it back!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I finally got to hit one on two different occasions. Both times it was the pro model 7 iron. I found it fairly easy to hit which surprised me. It looks hard as can be to strike that face when addressing the club, and I never thought of my swing as one with that much forward shaft lean to get good contact. The majority of the time I struck it well. Another surprise was how soft it feels. I think it feels softer than my own irons!! Is the shaft super weak or something?

I spy with my little eye something...

Just got out to the range with my new Tour Striker. It took almost no time to groove my swing to hit it properly and do the same with my irons. Hard to say if my distance changed, but I'm definitely hitting it even higher than I was before now.

I also tried the C tapers yesterday and was getting 6k RPM with a TM 6i. The shaft looked and felt great, but I honestly couldn't tell if I gained any distance or accuracy because I couldn't compare them to my current clubs. There's a Mizuno fitting this weekend, so I'm going to try their shaft optimizer and see what it suggests.

• 3 weeks later...

I've continued to use the Tour Striker Pro and I just can't say enough good things about this thing.

I've always been a pretty decent iron player, but you guys should see what has happened to my iron play! Guys I've played with for years are commenting about how well I'm hitting my irons. I'm not only hitting LOTS of greens, I'm starting to bring the ball in to the right place on the greens and my distance control is getting much better. I'm getting alot more good birdie chances and the confidence in my iron play is cascading through the the rest of my game. Not quite as concerned off the tee as I'm starting to trust that I can bail myself out with my irons, which is resulting in better driver play, and putting very well because I'm getting alot more makeable putts.

Not only that, but I'm starting to be able to flight the ball on different trajectories, something I have never been able to do.

I use this thing every time I warm up or practice. I start with a standard 7i just to loosen up, then I switch to the Tour Striker and use it to dial myself in. I think what I like about it is that it really narrows my focus down to just the clubface at the ball. Its improved my tempo, something I've really struggled with in the past and is actually helping to control my big backswing as I focus on just making good contact.

Simply the best thing EVER!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• 3 weeks later...

The Tour Striker iron training device is getting a lot of publicity and deservedly so, it is helping mid to high handicap golfer achieve better quality iron shots.

The premise of the Tour Striker is very similar to the IronSolid training device, promote a descending blow when hitting an iron shot.

Here is my review and the differences that are obvious between the IronSolid and Tour Striker.

www.tourstriker.com

www.ironsolid.com

Both devices are training the same golf swing concept, to promote muscle memory for the correct solid contact with a golf ball with an iron or a hybrid club.

The points of difference are:

#1 cost, the Tour Striker costs $99.99/$129.99 and the IronSolid costs $29.95, less than a dozen of quality golf balls.

#2 the Tour Striker comes in several iron sizes, i.e. 8 iron, 7 iron, Wedge and also comes in a Pro Model, which one do you choose? You use your own clubs with the IronSolid training device.

#3 the length loft and lie of the Tour Striker is not easily custom fitted for your particular golf swing and is an additional cost, because you are using your own clubs (and if they are fitted properly) this is not a problem with the IronSolid training device.

#4 you can use the IronSolid with any iron or hybrid from any lie, even out of the sand, with your own set of clubs, with the Tour Striker you have to buy multiple clubs to accomplish the same thing.

#5 you can store the IronSolid in your golf bag after your pre round practice session, if you use the Tour Striker you will have to remove it from your bag before teeing off so that you keep yourself at the 14 club limit, otherwise you will incur a penalty.

One of the main advantages of the IronSolid training device is the simplicity and the rate of skill development in a very short time.

The IronSolid helps promote the correct angle of attack that has been precisely measured with high-speed slow-motion video of tour player swings, within one practice session you will begin improving the quality of the contact with your irons.

I believe the Tour Striker is an excellent training aid, what the training device promotes is exactly what the IronSolid device accomplishes, the difference being, cost and simplicity, and with the IronSolid you are using your own set of clubs.

Archived