fixyurdivot

David Feherty & Ian Poulter

I just saw that Feherty will be interviewing Ian Poulter this coming Monday. Just Ian by himself, no tandem guest as he so often does.  I'm guessing he figures Ian has enough fertile material to work with - or perhaps no one wanted to be interviewed with him?  How far into the interview do you think he gets before asking the question we all want to hear; "so Ian, why are you such an arsehole"?  :lol: 

I've really come to enjoy Feherty's shows.  He is a pretty funny guy and the accent just adds to it. We get to see another side of many tour pros we rarely see/know about. Who know's, maybe we'll get some insights about Ian that will change how we see him?

• Like 6

I really enjoy watching Feherty. He is quite funny and a genuine person.

I personally don't see why people dislike Poulter. I think he is just passionate, focused, and wears his emotions on his sleeve. I find him to be less arrogant and more relatable than some tour players.

It is also nice to see some variance from the cookie cutter pros.

• Like 4

First topic - Ryder Cup

2nd topic - Ryder Cup

3rd topic - Ryder Cup

4th segment - Which Ferrari will he take Feherty in a spin on and make it funny.

I honestly doubt there will be anything negative in this interview.  Feherty does a good job of making his guests feel comfortable and loved, and vice versa.  Feherty is everyone's friend, and that's how this will go down, if I had to wager on it.

• Like 3

Poults has been on Feherty before; he was brilliant.  I haven't watched this yet (I DVR Feherty) but I think they ride in Ian's Rolls Royce for this one.

• Like 2

I haven't watched a Feherty episode in a while, but I may try to catch this one.  His shows have definitely changed my perception of several tour players.  We saw a side of Sergio that made me like him a lot now and a side of Bubba that made me not like him much at all.  I'm already a slight fan of Poults, so we'll see if this changes anything.  I like his competitive spirit, even if he does come off as a a-hole every now and then. 

• Like 1

Feherty did a live show here in the Villages a while back. I immediately tried to get tix but it sold out immediately. Hope he does another here I'll try to be a bit more vigilant and get the tix.

He's can be very entertaining!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

So here I sit skipping through the TV guide wondering why "Seve" is on and not Feherty.  Uhh, that would be because it aired last night.  What a dipstick  :lol:.  One of the downsides to being retired is losing track of days. Hopefully I can catch it later on a replay.  Did anyone happen to watch it?

So here I sit skipping through the TV guide wondering why "Seve" is on and not Feherty.  Uhh, that would be because it aired last night.  What a dipstick  :lol:.  One of the downsides to being retired is losing track of days. Hopefully I can catch it later on a replay.  Did anyone happen to watch it?

I watched it and enjoyed the show.  I never had a problem with Poulter though. 

• Like 1

Yeah, he came off as a decent guy and helped his reputation.

You missed it again.  It was on before Seve today.  

• Like 1

You missed it again. It was on before Seve today.

I am sure that he will be able to catch one of the 5000+ replays over the next few years.

• Like 1

I enjoy getting to know the backstory of the golfers that Feherty has on and things that they enjoy outside of golf.

...it's kind of like "A football life" (which I love) for golf.

I watched the episode with Poulter and while they didn't go too much into his private life it was nice to see a different side of him.

He can come off as quite the a-hole on television but I think a lot of that has to do with the passion and fire he brings to the course.  How can you fault a guy for getting excited and enthused when he's out there earning a paycheck?

He's certainly a guy that is easy to hate but I can appreciate the zeal he brings each week.

I remember when he played in the Houston open and had to win to get in the masters and how hot his putter got.  That putt on 18 was ca$h money and I gained a newfound respect for him.

He did make a good point on the show - to paraphrase - "most people only see a very small snippet of television [and/or social media] and base their entire opinion on this".... of course I hope he goes down in the Ryder Cup this year!

• Like 4

Was a great show IMHO.  The segment where they go and get Indian Food in a Rolls Royce was hilarious.  Feherty always knows how to ingeniously drop one liners at exactly the right time.  Can you imagine playing 18 holes with Feherty?

• Like 3

Was a great show IMHO.  The segment where they go and get Indian Food in a Rolls Royce was hilarious.  Feherty always knows how to ingeniously drop one liners at exactly the right time.  Can you imagine playing 18 holes with Feherty?

So did Feherty ask the million $ question?  Please don't tell me he skipped that big, juicy, ripe subject.

So did Feherty ask the million $ question? Please don't tell me he skipped that big, juicy, ripe subject.

he just asked him if there was one tweet he could take back. But he would never come right out and say, “why are you such an ass?”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1