Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2011 Cleveland Line-up - MORE SPY PICS

GolfSpy_X

• 2011 Cleveland CG16 Wedges
  • Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons
  • Cleveland Mashie Hybrid
  • Cleveland TL310 Driver

I bet the next model release will include the brassie, spoon, bulger... OR, the mashie-niblick! You know, the hybrid you can chip with.

Is it me, or is Cleveland regressing? The driver looks like a bigger Cobra Baffler fairway wood and the Mashie looks like an older Cobra Baffler hybrid. The irons look almost like a weak rip-off of the AP lineup- especially from the angle of the picture above.

Yes, I know it's just looks, but still- it's an important criterion.

Agreed on the look but I've heard good things about the Mashie. Might just be hype but the fact that they come with nice miysaki shafts in them trumps them over the Railer. We'll see about that when I can get my hands on one but I am looking forward to giving it a whirl.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I kind of like the simplicity of the non-tour irons (the first picture). I could do without the rest.

Those are the CG16 Wedge Set, not irons

I think they look awful for being wedges, hey have a larger cavity back than the Burner Irons lol

They've already got a Niblick. Got one in the shed. Wanna buy one cheap? ;)

Thanks, but I already have one- an 8 iron LOL. That's kind of what I was going for with my poorly-performed joke... Looks like my second job of being a stand-up comedian needs to be rethought! :lol:

Agreed on the look but I've heard good things about the Mashie. Might just be hype but the fact that they come with nice miysaki shafts in them trumps them over the Railer. We'll see about that when I can get my hands on one but I am looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Meh. Miyazaki is an "it" shaft right now. The Motore, Speeder and DVS (the shaft options for each of the three different Baffler models at TGW.com), while a little on the older side, are still VERY good shafts... which is what these current Miyazaki's will be considered in a couple more consumer cycles. Just like everything else, not everyone fits into every shaft. For me, the shaft option isn't enough to make me say "Ooh, I want that!".

Those are the CG16 Wedge Set, not irons

I think they look awful for being wedges, hey have a larger cavity back than the Burner Irons lol

guess I wasnt paying good enough attention. They would look good for Irons, but not for wedges

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

I hope the new irons have some technology in the face which increases distance, very much like the new Mizuno JPX-800 irons (if you've seen/heard about them), if not then i agree that they are regressing! I have to sell them as well!

How far do people want irons to go nowadays, do they want us to be have 6 wedges in the bag in 2 years time, irons are about accuracy not distance. Vanity irons don't suit everyone.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

How far do people want irons to go nowadays, do they want us to be have 6 wedges in the bag in 2 years time, irons are about accuracy not distance. Vanity irons don't suit everyone.

Agreed. As a lefty, it's hard enough to find anything higher than 52* (I know, but I won't buy Vokey's or whatever... been there, done that).

• 1 month later...

I had the opportunity to try out the driver with a 39 gm shaft. The tag is that it doesn't feel like a 39 gm shaft, something to do with balance point, and it is true. Has a much better feel than most 60 gm shafts IMO.

A local college player has a bag full of CG16s, Mashies, and a 310. They look nice to me, and play just fine for him.

Driver: Sim 9*, ventus blue 6R

3 wood: Srixon ZX

Hybrids: Srixon ZX 3H and 4H

Irons: Golfworks TS2, 5-GW (5 iron with UST Recoil F3; 6-GW, Nippon 950h reg)

Wedges: Golfworks TSW 52* and 58*, 52* Nippon 950GH, & 58* TT90

Putter: Odyssey Versa 12

Ball: Srixon Zstar

Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5

Thanks, but I already have one- an 8 iron LOL. That's kind of what I was going for with my poorly-performed joke... Looks like my second job of being a stand-up comedian needs to be rethought! :unsure:

Meh. Miyazaki is an "it" shaft right now. The Motore, Speeder and DVS (the shaft options for each of the three different Baffler models at TGW.com), while a little on the older side, are still VERY good shafts... which is what these current Miyazaki's will be considered in a couple more consumer cycles. Just like everything else, not everyone fits into every shaft. For me, the shaft option isn't enough to make me say "Ooh, I want that!".

its not just a new shaft option... they are as light as a feather, new driver shafts are 39grams if you saw Boo Weekly using one to hit a 340-odd yard drive not long ago. There is something there to "trump" equivalent clubs!

I bet the next model release will include the brassie, spoon, bulger... OR, the mashie-niblick! You know, the hybrid you can chip with.

Is it me, or is Cleveland regressing? The driver looks like a bigger Cobra Baffler fairway wood and the Mashie looks like an older Cobra Baffler hybrid. The irons look almost like a weak rip-off of the AP lineup- especially from the angle of the picture above.

Yes, I know it's just looks, but still- it's an important criterion.

I agree, Cleveland is regressing. That whooshing sound is Cleveland getting passed by.

Archived