Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Are you after a look or just the outcome

Gg Owen

This debate is very handicap related.Im thinking most golfers that are mid 80 shooters or higher care more about contact than a swing look.Where the better golfer will relate with an eye pleasing swing with better mechanics and fundamentals.And the golfer with better mechanics and fundamentals will shoot lower than a ball flight contact golfer.

I am a low handicap and never cared what my swing looked like.  I know people say I have a nice swing,  but I didn't build the look,  what you see now was based on tweaks to improve contact and sequencing.  Right now I want to improve face control for better contact and ball flight to narrow my dispersion even more.  

I would liken it to the argument people make about clubs.  Some want them to look good because it gives them confidence and others aren't that worried about looks,  they want performance.   No answer will be consistent no matter how you slice up the golfers.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

As it turns out I just recently took a video of my swing.  A few weeks ago I shot my career round of 79 but the last few rounds I have barely sniffed 90.  Something just seemed off.  I even told my brother in law that it doesn't even feel like a golf swing, it feels like little kid hit ball!  After seeing the video I realized that I had sped up my swing and was coming OTT drastically.  Next time out I remembered to slow myself down and hit the ball much better.  After the round I deleted the video so there was no chance I would get bored and look at it to see if anything else was wrong.

In the immortal words of Billy Hoyle "Some people would rather look good and lose than look bad and win!"

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I would be curious to see swings that result in good shot vs swings that result in me ordering another beer. just to see what the difference is and if there is something I can replicate or forget. 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I would be curious to see swings that result in good shot vs swings that result in me ordering another beer. just to see what the difference is and if there is something I can replicate or forget.

The difference is very, very small. All of the swings will look similar. The main difference would just be; turned the face over some, dipped your head a little more, heel came up a little sooner, etc. I have seen videos where I hit great shots and ones that were terrible shots. No one could tell the difference.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

This debate is very handicap related.Im thinking most golfers that are mid 80 shooters or higher care more about contact than a swing look.Where the better golfer will relate with an eye pleasing swing with better mechanics and fundamentals.And the golfer with better mechanics and fundamentals will shoot lower than a ball flight contact golfer.

I could care less what my swing looks like. I'm focused on making sure I rotate keep the clubheads outside of the hands on the takeaway instead of getting to far inside and making sure I transfer weight to the front side and rotate the chest thru.

I want contact to be as consistent as possible which requires being able to repeat the swing

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The one thing I forgot mentioning.The current golf ball helps me swing almost mechanically thought free.When is the last time anyone really hit a monster slice or hook! The ball just doesn't curve as much and works so well on and around the greens.Havent hit a golf ball out of bounds in a few seasons.It seems just about any motion into the strike will produce acceptable results now.The textbook swing isn't needed with today's equipment advances

I work on positions but only as much as it takes to get the shot I want.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I lack flexibility, and because I can't stay in balance lifting my left heel, that's not a crutch to lengthening my backswing.  Despite that, my follow through goes straight up the target line instead of curling behind me and people have said it looks cool. There's nothing resembling a reverse C.   I finish leaning forward a little.

I've watched it on tape--remember tape?--and it does look kind of cool.

It doesn't look classic though.

Deleted. Technical difficulties.

If you saw my swing on video you'd wonder how I ever made solid contact.  I video taped it a few months ago and it absolutely is the ugliest swing you'll see.  But I've been playing over 40 years and I guess it's like Jim Furyk in a way.  No one would teach Jim to swing that way, but the man has millions in the bank off of that god awful looking swing.

But hey, I'm down to a 4 handicap, and most of the time the results speak for themselves.  I've honestly never taken a lesson, and I fear that if I did and someone tried to "fix" my swing I wouldn't be able to hit a golf ball the way I do now, which isn't all that bad.

I honestly don't care who takes videos of their swings and obsesses over it.  The only one I will look at take endless swing videos of is Paige Spiranac.  And honestly, I'm not looking at her golf swing in those videos, if you catch my drift.

I kinda felt the same way, but then decided I was “stuck” at a 5-6 cap.

I took “one” lesson where the teacher took a bunch of video from different angles. We reviewed them and he discussed various things of what he thought would help.

It was really smaller things, but the “felt” crazy at the time. “Stand more upright and get a little closer to the ball”. Felt terrible, but the ball was coming out hot!.

Long story short, inside of a year and I've dropped some strokes and am now comfortable with the slight changes, and am more confident which all goes hand in hand.

Don't be afraid of a lesson! It could be all that you need to get even lower.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

The few times I've taken a video being a nice swing doesn't matter, having the club im the right positon matters most. Everyone has such different swings a nice looking swing is all in the eye of the person watching the swing.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

In case you need a good laugh here are two pictures of my convulsion.... wait I mean swing.

Well, it isn't a pretty but it gets the job done.

I bet you will think I shank it every time.

Just for the record that drive went 290 with a little draw.

IMG_0331.PNG

IMG_0333.PNG

In case you need a good laugh here are two pictures of my convulsion.... wait I mean swing.

Holy wide stance

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Give it 15 or so more years and that monster of a backswing you have will fade. Enjoy it while you can.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

It looks like you're trying to wring your shirt out while still wearing it.

Keep crushing it, glad you have a swing that works

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

When I use video it's to see if what I'm working on is resulting in what I feel. I don't care what it looks like except for what my pro has told me to be able to “see”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm looking for good rhythm and tempo above all else. A good looking swing would be nice but really not an end all be all.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Archived