Our Sponsors

Great write-up Rev! Looking good all round and I dig your new "fighting-trim" look too! I would love to somehow get to play with you sometime-perhaps if you ever make it this way-Cheers!

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Very cool read Rev! It's must be awesome to have the bag set to where there is no questioning it's performance at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Heck of a write up Rev. Thanks for taking the time to share how and why you got to each club.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Great post! It's good that you feel comfortable with your equipment. That is the first step to playing great golf!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I was already packing an Alien Ultimate, a forty-year old Ram Zebra, and now I have a GX7, Rev.

I guess I won't be doing a detailed WITB thread anymore without treating it like a standup routine.

Your bag has some dignity like a clerical collar.

Mine just needs a little propeller on top!

• Like 3

Awesome post with great information Rev. I've dropped 100 # in the last 5 years. Still trying to be healthy but it's a challenge.

If you feel comfortable sharing I would love to know more about golf specific Workout's.

@niftyniblick.. I lost my Dad's Ram Zebra about 30 years ago and I still get grief over it. it was a good putter

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5 closed face setting

Callaway Razor Fit 3 wood

Nickent 3 Hybrid

XR-OS 4i - 9i factory steel stiff 2 up +1

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Maxfli Tour Center of Gravity model

Great looking set-up Rev!

• Like 1

:mizuno-small:  Driver ST190 
:mizuno-small: 3 wood ST190            

:mizuno-small: 5 wood ST190

:taylormade-small: P790 5i / 7i  LZ 6.5  

:taylormade-small: P7WC 8i / PW
:callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 50* 54* 58*                                             

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 

:srixon-small: Z Star #6

Rev, didn't you switch out one of the Scors for a Callaway Sure Out? Or was that someone else?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Awesome post with great information Rev. I've dropped 100 # in the last 5 years. Still trying to be healthy but it's a challenge.

If you feel comfortable sharing I would love to know more about golf specific Workout's.

@niftyniblick.. I lost my Dad's Ram Zebra about 30 years ago and I still get grief over it. it was a good putter

Gladly - find something you can swing faster than your driver - an aid or even alignment sticks. Also you need an exercise band with a bar you can put it around.

Day one, stretches (like a warm up), swing the light thing as fast as you can 5 times. Swing your driver as fast as you can five times.

Three sets of five push ups (I've bumped it to four sets) as fast as you can - I rest about a minute in between.

Use the bands - set yourself at the top of the back swing and pull at the top as hard as you can. Do the same half way down and at impact point. You want to hold the position for 10 seconds. Repeat with each arm and left handed too.

Swing as fast as you can 5 times with training aid and five times with driver.

Day two - at least 30 swings as fast as you can with your training aid.

Rest two days and repeat.

To be fair my trainer got this from WRX who got it from Swingman Golf.

It's certainly bearing fruit for me. The first couple of times that I played after workouts were rough but I can play on a workout day now and be fine. I hit a couple of absolute bombs - one was over 250 - at sea level - a tad of roll because I carried a ridge that was 230 away.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Rev, didn't you switch out one of the Scors for a Callaway Sure Out? Or was that someone else?

That was MattF

I considered it but ultimately realized my trap issues were temporary. Obviously you can play golf year round in Florida but our courses are radically difference between the summer and winter. I always have issues when courses switch to winter sand because there's so much of it. A few windy days takes care of the problem.

• Like 2

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Nice bag of players equipment. I also like the golf bag too. I'm in the market for a change this fall.

I want to play a few rounds with Rev one day. I think we'd have a lot in common and could play some fun competitive rounds. That photo above just says... this is guy that's been around the track a few times. In a good way I mean. Watch your wallet boys!!

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Good fitness, good game, good looks, Rev.

It looks like Somebody forgot to shuffle the cards.

Because of my general disdain for jock culture, I boxed as a teenager instead of playing school sports.  (And played public links golf.) The less-privileged than I juvenile delinquents at the gym were somehow more pleasant company than the preppy jocks in the locker room. Plus I could actually hit them and not get in trouble over it. (Don't worry, they weren't shy about hitting me either.)

Anyway, my boxing coach / trainer saw me running in the morning and later told me that the unfiltered Camel dangling from my mouth was defeating the whole purpose.  And here you are, a grown man working out, as if you didn't even have premium cable and a recliner.  If you had been my little brother, my whole life might have been a little easier.  

Instead, I was brought up a little differently. Father Angelo didn't believe in salvation by faith alone.  He thought it was an excuse to be a jerk in the temporal world.  But he did think that my getting cuffed around in the gym finally provided me the discipline otherwise lacking in my routine.  Plus the parish CYO ran the gym and needed the dues. Bingo can only get you so far, even with a beer and wine concession. Gotta love us Catholics.

If your world view is correct, you'll meet him someday.  He was an eighteen, even playing OB and lost balls like lateral hazards and taking preferred lies in the fairway. There's no shortage of people who could use a little guidance.

• Like 3

Awesome set up Rev I too need to get into some sort of golf form, if not for golf for health. It is a daily battle because work just drains me out. I wish you the best in your journey back to good health and lower handicap 🤙🤙

#PowerToThePlayer

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

great write up RevKev.

i enjoyed reading it.

thanks.

• Like 1

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Thanks Rev. I appreciate the information

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5 closed face setting

Callaway Razor Fit 3 wood

Nickent 3 Hybrid

XR-OS 4i - 9i factory steel stiff 2 up +1

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Maxfli Tour Center of Gravity model

Good fitness, good game, good looks, Rev.

It looks like Somebody forgot to shuffle the cards.

Because of my general disdain for jock culture, I boxed as a teenager instead of playing school sports. (And played public links golf.) The less-privileged than I juvenile delinquents at the gym were somehow more pleasant company than the preppy jocks in the locker room. Plus I could actually hit them and not get in trouble over it. (Don't worry, they weren't shy about hitting me either.)

Anyway, my boxing coach / trainer saw me running in the morning and later told me that the unfiltered Camel dangling from my mouth was defeating the whole purpose. And here you are, a grown man working out, as if you didn't even have premium cable and a recliner. If you had been my little brother, my whole life might have been a little easier.

Instead, I was brought up a little differently. Father Angelo didn't believe in salvation by faith alone. He thought it was an excuse to be a jerk in the temporal world. But he did think that my getting cuffed around in the gym finally provided me the discipline otherwise lacking in my routine. Plus the parish CYO ran the gym and needed the dues. Bingo can only get you so far, even with a beer and wine concession. Gotta love us Catholics.

If your world view is correct, you'll meet him someday. He was an eighteen, even playing OB and lost balls like lateral hazards and taking preferred lies in the fairway. There's no shortage of people who could use a little guidance.

Love the story -

Ah but wouldn't you know that I grew up RC - an Irish Catholic Altar boy under fathers Donnelly and Cooney. Prior to them it was fatter Finnety - I was very young when he was our priest and actually thought his name was infinity. :)

I learned my golf on a muni and then caddied at a club. But until i became a pastor most of my golf was muni golf - honestly the only thing I don't like about muni's is that the pace of play is often slow. Other than that there are lots of great ones out there including the one that I grew up on and the one in St. Pete.

• Like 1

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Nice bag of players equipment. I also like the golf bag too. I'm in the market for a change this fall.

I want to play a few rounds with Rev one day. I think we'd have a lot in common and could play some fun competitive rounds. That photo above just says... this is guy that's been around the track a few times. In a good way I mean. Watch your wallet boys!!

I got that bag when Sports Authority went out of business - it's a really nice Ogio - it works well both for walking and on the cart.

I have huge issues with the Taylor Made head covers. I've lost the one for the 4 hybrid and fairway wood. They always seem to fall off. On a bright note having different head covers on the hybrids and fairway wood makes it very easy to tell them apart.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

As Rev said that was me. I haven't taken any SCORs out of the bag, just added the Cleveland Smart Sole S for a sand wedge. Best decision I've made.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!