Rev’s Bag

revkev

As Rev said that was me. I haven't taken any SCORs out of the bag, just added the Cleveland Smart Sole S for a sand wedge. Best decision I've made.

I beg to differ, marrying Chanin was your best decision. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Good Luck with continued progress on both your fitness and golfing goals!!! [emoji106]

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..MLA Tour XDream (33", +2up, 400g, P2 Reflex Tour)
.. .. see MLA Offical Forum Member Reviews (..on the bench: Evnroll ER5)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

I beg to differ, marrying Chanin was your best decision. [emoji6]

I think it may be a toss up mate!  :D

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nicely done Rev. I'll start working up one as well.

• Like 1

Driver:  PXG 211 Project X Evenflow CB, 50g 5.5

Fariway:  PXG 211, 3-Wood Project X Evenflow CB, 60g 5.5

Hybrid:   PXG 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

Irons:  :titelist-small: T300 4-5, T200 6-PW Nippon 880 Pro R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 50*, 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I've picked up 1,200 rpm and 8 yards on my 7 iron, 10 yards of carry! (Much less run out)

I'm not so much of a luddite that I dismiss the whole idea of launch monitor club fitting.

I've actually tried it.  But I miss the old time club pros and their methods.

Fitting me with a launch monitor is very much like trying to plug a diagnostic code reader into a 1959 Cadillac.

You don't tell me that I'm picking up 1,200 rpm on my 7-iron.

That would fly nicely if I had Rev's game.

You just ask, "How does this one feel, Nifty?"

• Like 3

I'm not so much of a luddite that I dismiss the whole idea of launch monitor club fitting.

I've actually tried it. But I miss the old time club pros and their methods.

Fitting me with a launch monitor is very much like trying to plug a diagnostic code reader into a 1959 Cadillac.

When I had my fitting at the Tour Performance Center the fitter told me that fitting certain LPGA players was tough because their fathers got in the way but that Champions Tour players were tougher because if it didn't feel right to them they weren't going to play it. :)

• Like 2

EVNRoll ER 5

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Well, the Dukes of Decrepitude TUES-THURS-FRI Morning League isn't quite the Champions Tour, Rev, but it's the closest I've ever come. 

The only real difference is that the USGA doesn't put pictures of real Champions Tour players on Post Office walls:  Wanted Dead or....Actually, Just Dead's OK.

• Like 2

I've actually tried it.  But I miss the old time club pros and their methods.

Like the part about plugging a diagnostic code reader into a 59 Caddy---- LOL that is me to a Tee--- Lets see on the 7 iron. How does it feel Stu? Aw heck needs about 3 grams of lead tape here and it is a little flat too. Forget the 59 Caddy I am about as sophisticated as a 53 Chevy with a Blue Flame inline 6 cylinder

• Like 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

When I had my fitting at the Tour Performance Center the fitter told me that fitting certain LPGA players was tough because their fathers got in the way but that Champions Tour players were tougher because if it didn't feel right to them they weren't going to play it. :)

Well that sorta fits me well at least the last part does about the Champions Tour players with one exception. If it does not look right to my eye to begin with I ain't gonna play it no matter what I or anyone else can do with it

• Like 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

@Nifty and Stu - I love you guys!

I have a great fitting story for both you.  My first real driver fitting it was by a class A club pro who was a member of my church in Wisconsin.  He spent hours with me on a Monday, outdoors on a par 4 at the club that was closed, with his shag bag full of pristine Pro VIs.  It was mainly by site although he occasionally through the launch monitor in to verify what his eyes were seeing - we could also take the golf cart out to see where the balls landed and he had marked  balls so we could tell them apart.  We settled on a head combo, he charged me his cost, nothing for the fitting and in fact became my teacher who would never charge his pastor for lessons either - many of those lessons were playing lessons too - I learned a lot from him. 

The club came in and it was beautiful.  I hit it great!  About a month later my clubs were stolen out of my trunk.  The pro, John, said, "Don't worry, I handle this kind of thing with insurance companies all the time, I'll take care of it for you so that you're clubs are replaced and the deductible is covered."  In the meantime you can play with my demo set of Pings because no one at the club is interested in Ping this year - they all are going with Titleist drivers just like you did.

I'm sure you guys can see this one coming - from the first swing I mashed that G2 driver - long, straight, a tad of draw.  I hated the way it looked by the way - with its slightly closed face but I was sure that I was significantly longer with it than with the Titleist.  So the new clubs came in and it was time to turn the demo set back in.  I preferred everything in the new bag except that driver - I told John about it - he said, "No way.  Come back on Monday and we will try the two drivers head to head." 

So I warmed up and off we went to the 8th tee again - a long straight away Par 4.  Ten drives with the Titleist, ten with G2 - I averaged 251 with the Ping, 243 with the Titleist and had 8/10 in the fairway with each - I've always been straight off the tee.  He gave me the G2 (his demo) and kept my Titleist.

So all kinds of crazy things going on there - I hit the driver that I hated better than the one I liked and hit the driver that I wasn't fit for better than the one that I was.

Go figure.

We did tweak the Ping a bit with an after market shaft (they weren't big back then yet) and got me a couple of more yards.  I had that driver for a long time - from Wisconsin to my first three years in Florida - my son Matt still has it in his bag.

• Like 2

EVNRoll ER 5

Rev...

You found a club pro that goes to church??!!

Good work!

Most of the ones that I've known were more like Tin Cup.

Albeit not nearly as slender as Kevin Costner.

• Like 1

Rev the part about the looks of a club is true for me except in one case. Bear picked up an old Adams Tight Lies 5 wood somewhere. He said it was the ugliest club he had seen since the VAS Clevelands. I can hit the heck out of that club stock shaft and all. I nicknamed it the "Ugly Duckling". Right now it is in the back up bag because I am gaming a V-Steel I rebuilt with a Pro Launch blue shaft. As you know I love V - Steel woods anyhow and that 5 wood is a rocket. 

• Like 1

Looks like the cat doesn't think very highly of the driver. Looks like you may have had to clean it shortly after the picture was taken.

• Like 1

Driver:      :ping-small:  G425MAX 10.5° -1° Flat on Project X HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 65g

Fairway:   :ping-small:  G410 3 wood LST & 5  Wood Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

:ping-small:  G425MAX  7 & 9  Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

Hybrid:     :ping-small:  G425MAX  6 H Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

Irons:     :ping-small:  i 500 7-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50°, 54° & 60° on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: Studio Style Newport 1.5

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X :taylormade-small: TP5 

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  

Range Finder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Looks like the cat doesn't think very highly of the driver. Looks like you may have had to clean it shortly after the picture was taken.

The cat doesn't like anything of mine except to lie on my feet at night and wake me up.

EVNRoll ER 5

• 4 weeks later...

@Seth - I've been around for a long time so it's not as if those opportunities were all at once - one was four years ago and another two years ago and I won a contest (not a test). 

Like anyone else I've failed to be selected more than I've been selected.  I also don't apply for every single opportunity - I only apply if I think that I will have something of value to say about the product being tested. 

• Like 2

EVNRoll ER 5

And we have a change to the bag! Not surprisingly it's in the fairway wood spot.

Tour Exotics EX10 with a graphite design Tour AD shaft. I carry it 185-190 so I'm getting between 195-210 out of it (220 yesterday on only moderately wet fairways on the East Coast of Florida as opposed to the mush I'm playing on at home).

It's such an easy club to hit, shot after shot, nice high launch, flat trajectory, good carry, very straight point and shoot stuff. The sole is unique.

IMG_1320.JPG

It's a very shallow face so if you prefer a deep faced fairway this one won't be for you.

IMG_1321.JPG

On another note the Bag Guys at PGA Golf club loved my set up particularly my wedges. In fact while the guy was cleaning my irons he said, “Normally when a guy tells me he shot 78 on the Dye course I smile and inside think - no fng way. When I see wedges like these with worn spots like yours, I know you did.”

Made my day.

• Like 4

EVNRoll ER 5